Dan Quinn had an awful draft day and even worse Game 1

817Gill

Reaction score
Of course you trade up dude … the Eagles did it us - Dallas Goeddert.

You see your guy you get him.
Did you completely ignore when I said that no one wanted to trade down? We aren’t trading up from 17 to 13, it’s trading into the top 10. Most of those teams are bad and want to pick their blue chip top 10 guy. The team tried to trade up with Atlanta and the price was ridiculous because that’s how much top 7 picks cost. You would’ve had to jump CAR and DEN and the chances of having a top 7 team with dire needs trade back to 10 was slim to none.

This was discussed at length during the draft. They also tried to trade up in the top of round 2 for Tyson Campbell who doesn’t look good right now either. If you weren’t engaged to the team sources and insider reports during the draft and don’t know I understand. But it’s pretty obvious that a trade up wasn’t going to be possible.

Thread is kinda over now tbh. Barely anyone agreed with you because it’s not really a real opinion as factually there was no chance at drafting Horn or Surtain. Dallas did NOT have a trade up opportunity NOR did they have a blue chip CB available at their pick. The players you wanted were not realistic options. Now, either you accept that the draft doesn’t always fall how we want or you can make another thread about how we should’ve signed a CB. Both are reasonable responses.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Parsons looked lost on some plays. The Cowboys have him doing a lot maybe too much too soon. I think he’ll be a great player but it’s going take time. Too many were anointing him after a great training camp. Told everyone to tap the brakes.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.
We had a massive need at the most important spot.
He was on his way to the Ring of Honor.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against
Dan Quinn zeroed in on a LB with two stud corners in getting distance.
If we wanted a CB you pay up and get your guy .

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

We gave up the field on the winning drive - we needed a CB

Tom Brady’s uniform didn’t have a smudge on it .
No sacks

zero blitz on the goal line ? V the goat ??

asinine stuff

I see why he blew that Super Bowl

Parsons - I’m not impressed
Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body
Wright - worst reach of draft
OSA - potential plugger tho small .

That’s a D draft folks

Tampa barely had the ball and they put massive numbers from a clean pocket .

Awful stuff

Dak’s performance masqueraded Quinn’s debacles.
Drafting a linebacker. It was the best thing we did this season. Did you see the strong safety. Almost intersection , something Byron Jones couldn’t do. Why we lost to Green Bay . As much as I would like a Cornerback, I totally disagree with your analysis

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nope.

Parsons gave the window to throw to. He had inside responsibility on that. As soon as he gave it up it created the window for an easy TD.

There was another big play on that drive that Parsons gave up.
What was he supposed to do it Gronkowski. Who killed us all day long. If he breaks down in the coverageGronkowski gets to touchdown

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don’t forget the two rare bomb drops by mike Evans and Goodwin to blow the game open .

We smell at the DB position - rancid .
I don’t think anyone’s arguing that point. But to not take The linebacker would be a huge mistake
How many do you want to make we make enough

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
they traded out of 18 to 31 with sf for 31 and a 3rd round pick. they picked frederick and terrance williams with the picks.
The problem is people didn’t think Freddy was good enough to take That early. I think they were all wrong. Even at that time

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of the critical plays over the middle were on Parsons last night let’s just keep it real.

He played his rear off but the coverage was really bad a few times.
Yes he got burnt a couple of times. Now I will have to see if he learns from it

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
Drafting a linebacker. It was the best thing we did this season. Did you see the strong safety. Almost intersection , something Byron Jones couldn’t do. Why we lost to Green Bay . As much as I would like a Cornerback, I totally disagree with your analysis
Horn was the guy

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We need a decent corner bad.

I can’t help but think how much better this team would be with Byron Jones.
He got burnt against Green Bay. The strong safety did a great job against Brady the final drive almost intercepted the ball

Loso86

Reaction score
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

Seriously lop. The D played good bro let it go. If it wasn't for our incompetent Kicker and #30 we win pretty easily

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

In the play of the game. Gronkowski get an extra 10 yards. He was what killed us not the wide outs

the_h0wey

Reaction score

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

There’s only one word why we lost. Gronkowski

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Aww did I touch a nerve ?