Dan Quinn had an awful draft day and even worse Game 1

DanDavis

Reaction score
We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

We gave up the field on the winning drive - we needed a CB

Tom Brady’s uniform didn’t have a smudge on it .
No sacks

zero blitz on the goal line ? V the goat ??

asinine stuff

I see why he blew that Super Bowl

Dak’s performance masqueraded Quinn’s debacles.

asinine stuff
Dak’s performance masqueraded Quinn’s debacles.​

The Self-Beclowning Intertubes is the Best Intertubes.

"We needed a CB"
2020 - 2nd and 4th
2021 - 2nd and 3rd

The defense gave up 31 - which is what Tampa averaged through its playoff run.
Bet they *didn't* average 4 turnovers, though.
Our horrible defense did better than the playoff teams Tampa faced last year. d

Parsons - I’m not impressed
Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body
Wright - worst reach of draft
OSA - potential plugger tho small .​

Others were impressed with Parsons.

How about we give this year's rookie class more than one game, a game against the defending SB champs with The GOAT, to demonstrate their worth?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Didn't see Horn play but Surtain got burnt..... by the Giants.

Im not worried. Joseph will come back and take the starting job soon. He has the talent as Horn and Surtain and come have a better career.

This entire post was just off in a huge way. Like someone created an account just to troll.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We took the defending Super Bowl Champions to the last play of the game. Last years defense MAY have gotten us midway through the first quarter. It’s a work in progress and progress was seen. Hi Jaylon.

817Gill

Reaction score
The biggest issue with Quinn is the same issue with Nolan why in the heck is Demarcus lawrence covering anything except the bad hairdo. Cover 0 with an easy read like that against the GOAT at QB and one of the best TEs of any ERA. Lawrence wouldn't be able to cover Gronk in a phone booth.
Gronk talked about the play in detail in the post game press conference. It was an all out blitz and Brady checked Gronk twice. Once to pickup Lawrence and then to release quickly after picking him up. Lawrence did his best when he realized Gronk was slipping to go for a pass and tried to get there but it wasn’t his responsibility to guard Gronk, he just tried to make a play once he realized D.Wilson had a straight line to Brady. DLaw’s responsibility was to blitz so him trying to stop Gronk wasn’t by design.

Great play by Brady and Gronk, nothing to be upset at the DC for.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Didn't see Horn play but Surtain got burnt..... by the Giants.

Im not worried. Joseph will come back and take the starting job soon. He has the talent as Horn and Surtain and come have a better career.

This entire post was just off in a huge way. Like someone created an account just to troll.

We need a decent corner bad.

I can’t help but think how much better this team would be with Byron Jones.

817Gill

Reaction score
You have severe comprehension issues ; let’s review .

Parsons isn’t the target it could be anyone . I hope he’s a HOF player.

The simple point here is OUR NEED FOR A CB WAS SO GLARING IS SO DESPERATE- we needed to take one in the first round.

Just like we took Frederick way ahead of his projection.
And I loved That pick loved it .
I know how vital a center is to a team.

Again I hope Parsons is rookie of the year - we still needed a CB.

Anthony Brown destroyed us … like a pitcher who blows a 6 run lead the following inning

Can everyone follow my point here ?

That’s all I’m saying - we needed / need a CB.
I think what is strange to everyone is how you seem to just ignore that there was no stud CB there. Horn and Surtain were gone, you can’t trade up without a partner and none of the teams ahead of us were trading back to 10, especially not CAR or DEN. You wanted us to draft Newsome or Farley just because? Neither of them is a blue chip CB (health for Farley) and neither of them had any real impact week 1.

What is your real solution? It’s like people who get mad at drafting Ceedee over a defender when all that was there was K’Lavon Chaisson who’s a bust so far. You can’t ask for a position without giving a real option of who you’d want to pick.

Easiest question is, if you were running the draft and Horn and Surtain go right before you what do you do? If you say pick Newsome or Farley at 10 overall then you don’t really have a point because neither has been a stud yet.

Your point about wanting to pick a CB is definitely valid. But you seem to ignore the actuality of it. You can’t create a CB to draft a physical person has to be there. There were two blue chip CB’s once Farley busted his back. They both got taken before us. The Cowboys aren’t God they can’t create a person and draft him. You only get to pick the players that are actually in the draft.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.
We had a massive need at the most important spot.
He was on his way to the Ring of Honor.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against
Dan Quinn zeroed in on a LB with two stud corners in getting distance.
If we wanted a CB you pay up and get your guy .

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body
OSA - potential plugger tho small .

That’s a D draft folks

Tampa barely had the ball and they put massive numbers from a clean pocket .

Awful stuff

They drafted 2 corners. Your analysis of those 2 corners is ridiculous.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If you get pressure from the D-Line then everyone on the back end will look good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It’s just early.

We know Dallas won’t do anything and they’ll let corner hurt us all year and be fine with it.

Anthony Brown is a solid slot corner but I’m shocked they lined him up out wide.

Dallas needs to start working in Wright and Joseph ASAP.

Wright has something but we need to see it starting this week.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.
We had a massive need at the most important spot.
He was on his way to the Ring of Honor.

Dan Quinn zeroed in on a LB with two stud corners in getting distance.
If we wanted a CB you pay up and get your guy .

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body
OSA - potential plugger tho small .

That’s a D draft folks

Tampa barely had the ball and they put massive numbers from a clean pocket .

Awful stuff

Several days later I still disagree with pretty much all of this.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
Both of which suck one of which may not have even been drafted both of which are not expected to make any impact whatsoever anytime soon and most likely never.

go play Madden

rambo2

Reaction score
Both of which suck one of which may not have even been drafted both of which are not expected to make any impact whatsoever anytime soon and most likely never.

go play Madden
Both of them certainly don't suck.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
I think what is strange to everyone is how you seem to just ignore that there was no stud CB there. Horn and Surtain were gone, you can’t trade up without a partner and none of the teams ahead of us were trading back to 10, especially not CAR or DEN. You wanted us to draft Newsome or Farley just because? Neither of them is a blue chip CB (health for Farley) and neither of them had any real impact week 1.

What is your real solution? It’s like people who get mad at drafting Ceedee over a defender when all that was there was K’Lavon Chaisson who’s a bust so far. You can’t ask for a position without giving a real option of who you’d want to pick.

Easiest question is, if you were running the draft and Horn and Surtain go right before you what do you do? If you say pick Newsome or Farley at 10 overall then you don’t really have a point because neither has been a stud yet.

Your point about wanting to pick a CB is definitely valid. But you seem to ignore the actuality of it. You can’t create a CB to draft a physical person has to be there. There were two blue chip CB’s once Farley busted his back. They both got taken before us. The Cowboys aren’t God they can’t create a person and draft him. You only get to pick the players that are actually in the draft.
Of course you trade up dude … the Eagles did it us - Dallas Goeddert.

You see your guy you get him.

JustChip

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Geez! Culture today. Everybody lookin for their 15 minutes of fame with a hot take.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
asinine stuff
Dak’s performance masqueraded Quinn’s debacles.​

The Self-Beclowning Intertubes is the Best Intertubes.

"We needed a CB"
2020 - 2nd and 4th
2021 - 2nd and 3rd

The defense gave up 31 - which is what Tampa averaged through its playoff run.
Bet they *didn't* average 4 turnovers, though.
Our horrible defense did better than the playoff teams Tampa faced last year. d

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body
OSA - potential plugger tho small .​

Others were impressed with Parsons.

How about we give this year's rookie class more than one game, a game against the defending SB champs with The GOAT, to demonstrate their worth?
what rookie class ? Parsons and the DT from UCLA that’s it.