Video: Dan Quinn Is Greeted Washington Commanders Facility

Blackrain

Reaction score
Didn't really look like that impressive of a welcome

Darnell got a better welcome to college football in that movie The program being given Halle Berry to show him around
Lol
Hey I'm not going to bash the guy he gave us some semblance of the defense for a while I remember what we had before him and that was an absolute disaster .

At least we could beat the snot out of bad teams on a pretty regular basis

Jayinem

Reaction score
It's sort of odd to me that he had interviews before the season with Broncos Colts and Cardinals and turned them down to stay with the Cowboys only to end up in Washington? That's not a better job than Denver or Indy, maybe Arizona.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It's sort of odd to me that he had interviews before the season with Broncos Colts and Cardinals and turned them down to stay with the Cowboys only to end up in Washington? That's not a better job than Denver or Indy, maybe Arizona.
My take as well… “this” is the job he stuck around for?! The Wash job is the bottom of the barrel (though trending up with draft picks stockpiled). IMO it’s one of two things:

1. He was literally determined to be a HC this year, and he got stuck with the last remaining spot

Or

2. He saw the writing on the wall in Dallas and jumped ship while his stock is still high instead of waiting around for a collapse this year in Dallas and going into the market under even more doubt and scrutiny

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
True he improved our defense from the other joker that MM hired before him his ole buddy Nolan. He got the ship upright and did good works but it wasn't enough. His weaknesses were exploited by good offensive minded coaches and he did diddly squat on fixing it. Glaring weaknesses at that. It was more than the GB game. Wish him luck except against us.
The guy didn't have hardly any LB'ers and lost one of his best DB's. With what he had to work with, I thought he did a pretty good job. Maybe we can pick up a LB or 2 in the draft. They don't do much in FA so I don't expect much on the FA front.

dfense

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are bringing up the offense and Dak in a thread that is devoted to the defense and Dan Quinn. There are plenty of Dak and McCarthy threads to air your complaints about that side of the ball. My post was related to the defense. If you can give reasons as to why that post is inaccurate then I am ready to listen.

Btw, I wanted the whole coaching staff gone, not just Quinn. My post was not meant to support the offense and just blast the defense. It was just defense related because that is the theme of the thread.
People summed up Quinn"s career in one game. The offense has had more of their share of no shows. He inherited the worst defense in the league just a couple years ago.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It does feel weird when you see someone in Cowboys gear and then a week later emerges in Washington gear, lol

I don't think he would have taken this job last year, but after the playoff debacle he was probably ready to take the next head coaching job he was offerred.

Cmac

Reaction score
In Miami the offense took the lead . Defense couldn’t get the last stop . In Buffalo they abused the defense . SF rolled couldn’t stop them . Heck Josh Johnson in Az had his way with the defense . Wasn’t just the “ GB game “
Last drive against Detroit chunk play after chunk play easy score .
Where is all this on the Dak is Trash threads? Correction: Josh Dobbs in AZ had his way.

jujoboys

Reaction score
People summed up Quinn"s career in one game. The offense has had more of their share of no shows. He inherited the worst defense in the league just a couple years ago.
You weren't paying attention last year if you thought it was only 1 game in 2024. Again, this is not about the offense. Please stay on topic. This post is about Dan Quinn. Here the 2024 defensive failures from 2024:

Arizona - Josh Dobbs 120. QB rating - 222 yards rushing allowed - 28 points scored - one of the worst teams in league
SF - Purdy 144.4 passer rating with 4 TD passes - 170 yards rushing - 42 points scored
Seattle - Geno Smith lit us up for 334 yards passing with 3 TDs - Gave up 35 points
Buffalo - Gave up 266 yards rushing and 31 points. Made James Cook look like Marshall Faulk
Miami - Gave up almost 400 yards - Lucky we held Miami to 5 FGs and 1 TD or the score would have been worse - had lead with 3 minutes left in game and the defense allowed Miami to drive 64 yds, kick game winning FG, and run out clock on game ending FG.
Detroit - defense actually played good until crunch time - Up by 7 with a little over a minute left in game. The defense allows a 75 yard TD drive - Luckily the Lions failed on 3 two point attempts.
GB - Jordan Love had a PERFECT passer rating - 143 yards rushing - 48 points scored - Yes Dak aided with those points - but 48 points in a home playoff game! Some guy named Romeo Doubs looked like Randy Moss out there.

So our defense dominated the Commanders twice, Giants twice, Patriots, Jets, and Carolina, I will give them props for the Chargers and Rams. But just like the other side of the ball they are great at dominating bad teams and struggle against the better teams.

Dallas faced 9 teams with winning records and allowed 258 points against those 9 teams for an average of 28.7 ppg. Our defensive stats are thrown off by the 9 loser teams we played where we only allowed 105 points for 11.7 ppg. Take away the 28 points from the lowly Cardinals game and it looks even worse.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The guy didn't have hardly any LB'ers and lost one of his best DB's. With what he had to work with, I thought he did a pretty good job. Maybe we can pick up a LB or 2 in the draft. They don't do much in FA so I don't expect much on the FA front.
All I know is someone failed doing their job. The fo is supposed to deliver the proper players to the coaches. If DQ asked for those players and didn't get them then yea it's not on DQ.

Twin928

Reaction score
Bcuz of this move alone cowboys commanders week 1 Sunday night football you know it’s coming lol

RonWashington

Reaction score
Bcuz of this move alone cowboys commanders week 1 Sunday night football you know it’s coming lol

Doubt if Commders have anything but noon games with Kenny Albert and Chucky Cheese doing play by play

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Didn't really look like that impressive of a welcome

Darnell got a better welcome to college football in that movie The program being given Halle Berry to show him around
Lol
Hey I'm not going to bash the guy he gave us some semblance of the defense for a while I remember what we had before him and that was an absolute disaster .

At least we could beat the snot out of bad teams on a pretty regular basis
My thoughts exactly. Underwhelming welcome. Must say ...it's nicer in those offices than I imagined, but it must pale in comparison to The Star.