Dan Quinn no "b's" to face music will run to Seattle if possible

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dear Zoners--- Dan Quinn will run to Seattle if anyway they give him a shot....i use to think he was real and had the pulse of team til Sunday
and we got all our hearts ripped out watching the worse loss of all time to first 7th seed to win....been looking for post-game from Quinn can't find one?
heard over 100 million watched game?.....if i am way off base please respond and correct me??
GORICO

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The best CB, Diggs, was lost long ago. Gilmore played with one arm on Sunday. They have one actual linebacker - Clark - who has flaws. The rest was just a bunch of safeties and smoke and mirrors. When the line doesn't get pressure - which they didn't on Sunday (including Lord Micah) - what did you expect?

Yell at Dan Quinn, that's fine, but be honest about the roster. Not a single stud linebacker, barely two corners, and DTs who got pancaked too often. That's the defense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dear Zoners--- Dan Quinn will run to Seattle if anyway they give him a shot....i use to think he was real and had the pulse of team til Sunday
and we got all our hearts ripped out watching the worse loss of all time to first 7th seed to win....been looking for post-game from Quinn can't find one?
heard over 100 million watched game?.....if i am way off base please respond and correct me??
GORICO
Platinum guaranteed!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The best CB, Diggs, was lost long ago. Gilmore played with one arm on Sunday. They have one actual linebacker - Clark - who has flaws. The rest was just a bunch of safeties and smoke and mirrors. When the line doesn't get pressure - which they didn't on Sunday (including Lord Micah) - what did you expect?

Yell at Dan Quinn, that's fine, but be honest about the roster. Not a single stud linebacker, barely two corners, and DTs who got pancaked too often. That's the defense.
Great points. Quinn doesn’t do the drafting. He has input, but Jerry makes the final decision. Who knows what the DC wishes have been.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Dan Quinn is fully responsible for getting rid of our 2 young big bodied DTs (Bohanna and Ridgeway) simply because he prefers smaller/lighter hybrids. It's been a total failure project, plus he has done the same with our LBs (going way much smaller and using Safeties). Dan Quinn is fully responsible. Jerry needs to tell Dan Quinn he needs to beef up that Defense or else he might as well leave on his own before he is forced out.

gtdRR

Reaction score

Exactly! I had seen that defense with it's glaring holes before against 49ers, Seahawks, and the Bills. No surprise we got burned in the playoffs.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
They still can not stop the run even as I write this post.

The game plan was trash design and trash execution.

The entire defense collapsed at every level, linebacker and Safety play were also atrocious.

One particular play Gilly funnels receiver but Kearse takes the wrong receiver and a huge play.

nobody

Reaction score
Dan Quinn is fully responsible for getting rid of our 2 young big bodied DTs (Bohanna and Ridgeway) simply because he prefers smaller/lighter hybrids. It's been a total failure project, plus he has done the same with our LBs (going way much smaller and using Safeties). Dan Quinn is fully responsible. Jerry needs to tell Dan Quinn he needs to beef up that Defense or else he might as well leave on his own before he is forced out.
Quinn needs to go period. His scheme change for GB was unforgivable. It was also inexplicable. Yes, there are some good things about him, but when push came to shove, he did the wrong thing.

lostar2009

Reaction score

Who fault is that? We cut any capable LBs, made zero move during FA and the trade dead line for a LB, and used smoke and mirrors like you mentioned, and a DT they miss managed. Only a coach would agree to such crazy changes on your defense.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The defensive scheme for that game was terrible. They won the week before with the same individuals. Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy did not prepare for the playoffs and got horrifically bounced.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Quinn needs to go period. His scheme change for GB was unforgivable. It was also inexplicable. Yes, there are some good things about him, but when push came to shove, he did the wrong thing.
Brother, I have a feeling Jerry is going to keep Dan Quinn if Quinn doesn't get offered a head coaching job elsewhere. With the way Quinn had our Defense perform and cost the wildcard game, I doubt anyone is going to offer him a head coaching job anywhere. Jerry will then pounce to keep Dan Quinn but give him a 1 year ultimatum to seriously change the Defense from such a hybrid-light type of defense to a more traditional bigger, stronger and more aggressive defense.

nobody

Reaction score
Brother, I have a feeling Jerry is going to keep Dan Quinn if Quinn doesn't get offered a head coaching job elsewhere. With the way Quinn had our Defense perform and cost the wildcard game, I doubt anyone is going to offer him a head coaching job anywhere. Jerry will then pounce to keep Dan Quinn but give him a 1 year ultimatum to seriously change the Defense from such a hybrid-light type of defense to a more traditional bigger, stronger and more aggressive defense.
I hope you're right if we keep Quinn. We need some big dudes in there, but Jerry thinks we have the personnel to win it already. SMH. There's zero accountability in this organization, brother. I highly doubt much changes.

John813

Reaction score
Crazy thing is while the Packers ended the year hot this wasn't prime Aaron Rodgets with DaVante Adams/Jordy Nelson/Driver/Cobb etc..

It was receivers not too many knew about in Doubs, Reed. Watson only had 1 catch.

They ran zone, but even then there were huge busts in coverage. Like defenders couldn't even be in the right zone to begin with.
Not blaming Quinn for that. But the guys seemed to just be unprepared and focused for the game. That seems like an issue we've seen for decades now.