Dan Quinn no "b's" to face music will run to Seattle if possible

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
The best CB, Diggs, was lost long ago. Gilmore played with one arm on Sunday. They have one actual linebacker - Clark - who has flaws. The rest was just a bunch of safeties and smoke and mirrors. When the line doesn't get pressure - which they didn't on Sunday (including Lord Micah) - what did you expect?

Yell at Dan Quinn, that's fine, but be honest about the roster. Not a single stud linebacker, barely two corners, and DTs who got pancaked too often. That's the defense.
Quinn does have at least a bit of an excuse for that meltdown, whereas Mike doesn't. The defense was extremely undermanned all year. We had a second year UDFA SAFETY as one of our LBs almost all year. We have players in critical roles who simply aren't good (Kearse, Clark, Mazi). Though his inability to defend against the Shanahan boys is very concerning.

Mike had his entire offense in tact.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry needs to tell Dan Quinn he needs to beef up that Defense or else he might as well leave on his own before he is forced out.
Dan doesn't buy the groceries, Jerry does.

The best CB, Diggs, was lost long ago. Gilmore played with one arm on Sunday. They have one actual linebacker - Clark - who has flaws. The rest was just a bunch of safeties and smoke and mirrors. When the line doesn't get pressure - which they didn't on Sunday (including Lord Micah) - what did you expect?

Yell at Dan Quinn, that's fine, but be honest about the roster. Not a single stud linebacker, barely two corners, and DTs who got pancaked too often. That's the defense.
I've been thinking the same thing and almost posted something similar. In the end I didn't because I didn't see a point. Whenever anyone criticizes Dak they get called stupid things like Romo lover or Iggles fan. Posting something that appeared to be defending Quinn would have resulted in similar insults. The current agenda is to lay the blame solely at the feet of the defense, and they certainly deserve it. But as is always the case, the offense didn't help. Zero points until the last 30 seconds of the first half, and for some reason the offense gets to skate by in the minds of some posters here.

tomsanders921

Reaction score

I've seen a team bring corners in off the street a week before the playoffs and they somehow shut this team down.

There's no excuse for having wrs run wide open all game. Quinn kept going with the same weak zone and refused to adjust

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dan doesn't buy the groceries, Jerry does.

I've been thinking the same thing and almost posted something similar. In the end I didn't because I didn't see a point. Whenever anyone criticizes Dak they get called stupid things like Romo lover or Iggles fan. Posting something that appeared to be defending Quinn would have resulted in similar insults. The current agenda is to lay the blame solely at the feet of the defense, and they certainly deserve it. But as is always the case, the offense didn't help. Zero points until the last 30 seconds of the first half, and for some reason the offense gets to skate by in the minds of some posters here.
Dan Quinn is constantly in communication with Jerry and Stephen letting them know what type of players he needs for his Defense.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Quinn needs to go period. His scheme change for GB was unforgivable. It was also inexplicable. Yes, there are some good things about him, but when push came to shove, he did the wrong thing.
He did the wrong thing a LOT in 2023. Starting with the Cardinals game. His love affair with safeties, big nickel and cover 1/3 was a detriment. His gameplan for Green Bay was incomprehensible and a fireable offense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They will be running it back again this year. We will have Overshown. Will get some more trench pieces. Quinn better get a beast in the middle.. And learn how to blitz.

Bagman

Reaction score
Brother, I have a feeling Jerry is going to keep Dan Quinn if Quinn doesn't get offered a head coaching job elsewhere. With the way Quinn had our Defense perform and cost the wildcard game, I doubt anyone is going to offer him a head coaching job anywhere. Jerry will then pounce to keep Dan Quinn but give him a 1 year ultimatum to seriously change the Defense from such a hybrid-light type of defense to a more traditional bigger, stronger and more aggressive defense.
I love your optimism but I don't think Jerry has enough energy to hold a conversation with Quinn, let alone give him a directive to redesign the defense. Jerry probably doesn't know that we get gashed in the run game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

He's also responsible for the roster. In some ways. Also, if Gilmore was a hindrance, then he shouldn't have played.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dear Zoners--- Dan Quinn will run to Seattle if anyway they give him a shot....i use to think he was real and had the pulse of team til Sunday
and we got all our hearts ripped out watching the worse loss of all time to first 7th seed to win....been looking for post-game from Quinn can't find one?
heard over 100 million watched game?.....if i am way off base please respond and correct me??
GORICO
He did his own thing, for his personal gains.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Brother, I have a feeling Jerry is going to keep Dan Quinn if Quinn doesn't get offered a head coaching job elsewhere. With the way Quinn had our Defense perform and cost the wildcard game, I doubt anyone is going to offer him a head coaching job anywhere. Jerry will then pounce to keep Dan Quinn but give him a 1 year ultimatum to seriously change the Defense from such a hybrid-light type of defense to a more traditional bigger, stronger and more aggressive defense.
Myself, I'd leave right now on issue. Change the defense...looking smart hasn't done the job against tough team. Even the Eagles had to become fully dysfunctional for the Cowboys to even stay in the game.

dupree89

Reaction score
Dear Zoners--- Dan Quinn will run to Seattle if anyway they give him a shot....i use to think he was real and had the pulse of team til Sunday
and we got all our hearts ripped out watching the worse loss of all time to first 7th seed to win....been looking for post-game from Quinn can't find one?
heard over 100 million watched game?.....if i am way off base please respond and correct me??
GORICO
I was real high on him too. The Cardinals game started to allow doubts to creep in. The Bills game sealed it. The Packers game was the ribbon on top.
He needs to be gone.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

He has had 3 years now to put one together. Stop with the excuse making.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Quinn does have at least a bit of an excuse for that meltdown, whereas Mike doesn't. The defense was extremely undermanned all year. We had a second year UDFA SAFETY as one of our LBs almost all year. We have players in critical roles who simply aren't good (Kearse, Clark, Mazi). Though his inability to defend against the Shanahan boys is very concerning.

Mike had his entire offense in tact.
You're saying Quinn has no input into roster building? I call bs on that. These are all Quinn's guys that he hand picked.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
According to Ed Werder, the expectation now is that if Quinn does not land a head coaching job, he will be back in Dallas as DC.

Please someone take him.

Gambit

Reaction score
Dan Quinn is fully responsible for getting rid of our 2 young big bodied DTs (Bohanna and Ridgeway) simply because he prefers smaller/lighter hybrids. It's been a total failure project, plus he has done the same with our LBs (going way much smaller and using Safeties). Dan Quinn is fully responsible. Jerry needs to tell Dan Quinn he needs to beef up that Defense or else he might as well leave on his own before he is forced out.
During his time here we've brought in Hankins Mazi and Clark.

Without bashing each player as is the practice of some, look at the size of players.

There has been effort in last 2 seasons to bring more size to both groups.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Quinn running a zone defense is a great reason to fire his lousy behind. His players didn't have a clue on how to stop that 7th Seed Juggernaut that RAN circles around his defense ALL GAME LONG! GB looked like the 2nd coming of the 9ers and that should have never happened. Heck, Da BEARS played GB tougher than the Cowboys did....................

Loso86

Reaction score
GORICO
Why do you think he owes you anything....