Dan Quinn second interview with Seattle today

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true, but as I have said before they found out he was gone a couple weeks before the playoff game. And so the continuity just wasn't there..
But we'll see what happens next year. Just hope for the best.
I wondered about that. Didn't know till you posted that. They looked dejected.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Quinn got too much praise when a large portion of the board wanted him as head coach (like 2.5 months ago lol) and now he’s getting way too much criticism for how the season ended.

He’s a damn good coordinator who absolutely has flaws but again I’m sure wasn’t behind the decision not to sign a Bobby wagner and place everything on LVE’s shoulders. He needs to tweak things schematically but his players play hard for him, they get the ball for him and they rush the passer for him.

He absolutely sucked in the post season and he needs to get it together against motion teams and emphasize stopping the run but the 180 the board and fan base has done on him just shows how ridiculous and fair weather most are

MikeT22

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks it’s strange your OC or DC can get hired away and there’s nothing you can do about it. I mean you don’t even get a draft pick.
We have the wrong color coordinators. Otherwise you get a 3rd rounder for 2 straight years if you lose a coach to a HC position.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"So Dan, explain what you were doing in the playoff game exactly"

"OK, please show yourself out"
He had a terrible gameplan....in his defense, he didn't have any quality LBs, so he had to play safeties. However, that does not excuse him for playing zone when he had played man all year.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That's true, but as I have said before they found out he was gone a couple weeks before the playoff game. And so the continuity just wasn't there..
But we'll see what happens next year. Just hope for the best.
Gone where?? And why?? Approaching a playoff game and he disappeared for 2 weeks??

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He had a terrible gameplan....in his defense, he didn't have any quality LBs, so he had to play safeties. However, that does not excuse him for playing zone when he had played man all year.
You're right Ranching, and that zone defense was terrible. And once it became obvious that his zone defense was allowing receivers the free run of our backfield, he made NO adjustments to correct the stupidity of his error.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Agree. He had this defense working like a well oiled machine every single game and especially in the playoffs.

His defenses exhibit a ferocity that is unequaled. I especially like how they've been able to stop other teams game winning drives at the end by the corners playing way up to to receivers at the line of scrimmage .

It would be impossible to replace him with the same results
Great sarcasm!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn got too much praise when a large portion of the board wanted him as head coach (like 2.5 months ago lol) and now he’s getting way too much criticism for how the season ended.

He’s a damn good coordinator who absolutely has flaws but again I’m sure wasn’t behind the decision not to sign a Bobby wagner and place everything on LVE’s shoulders. He needs to tweak things schematically but his players play hard for him, they get the ball for him and they rush the passer for him.

He absolutely sucked in the post season and he needs to get it together against motion teams and emphasize stopping the run but the 180 the board and fan base has done on him just shows how ridiculous and fair weather most are
Yeah I’m a little in the middle on DQ too. He was a major improvement over the pathetic Mike Nolan. But one area I will defend DQ is this: our defense other than Parsons, DLaw, Diggs, and Bland is not as talented as most fans think.

Let’s be honest- We are very weak at LB and DT which becomes painfully obvious when we play a team with a big boy running game that looks at that box we present and says, “We are going to run 300 lb guards all day long at those 210 lb LBs.” Buffalo and GB did exactly that.

Hurts to say it, but if our defense did not get multiple turnovers or did not have a two score lead, it was average.

Last point on this- yeah, I’m tired of watching Dak suck in big games but If this team is to ever compete for a championship it MUST get better in two huge ways: 1. Be able to stop the run on D and 2. Have a legit running game on offense. If we have those two things, you don’t have to have a hero at QB.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Yeah I’m a little in the middle on DQ too. He was a major improvement over the pathetic Mike Nolan. But one area I will defend DQ is this: our defense other than Parsons, DLaw, Diggs, and Bland is not as talented as most fans think.

Let’s be honest- We are very weak at LB and DT which becomes painfully obvious when we play a team with a big boy running game that looks at that box we present and says, “We are going to run 300 lb guards all day long at those 210 lb LBs.” Buffalo and GB did exactly that.

Hurts to say it, but if our defense did not get multiple turnovers or did not have a two score lead, it was average.

Last point on this- yeah, I’m tired of watching Dak suck in big games but If this team is to ever compete for a championship it MUST get better in two huge ways: 1. Be able to stop the run on D and 2. Have a legit running game on offense. If we have those two things, you don’t have to have a hero at QB.
This generation of Dallas and the word championship should never be used in the same sentence.

Asklesko

Reaction score
"So Dan, explain what you were doing in the playoff game exactly"

"OK, please show yourself out"
grandpa-abe-exit.gif