Dan Quinn second interview with Seattle today

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something to keep in mind before anyone celebrates Quinn leaving….

Jerry will probably tell MM who he wants as DC (not the other way around) and sign him to a multi year deal, then demand that the next HC take on that DC because he doesn’t want to eat the contract.

Forcing a HC to keep a coordinator in order to get the job has been a problem, and is perfectly primed for it to happen yet again.

So let’s be careful about what we wish for.

If Quinn goes, I hope they promote Al Harris. Deserves it.
If Quinn leaves I hope they go after Rivera
Al seems good but this is a big step

Jarntt

Reaction score
He had a terrible gameplan....in his defense, he didn't have any quality LBs, so he had to play safeties. However, that does not excuse him for playing zone when he had played man all year.
I don't know what discussions happen behind closed doors, but I find it hard to believe as the DC that he didn't play a role in the construction of the defense and thus shares in the responsibility of the team not have any quality LBers

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope he went to the interview with his hat on backwards wearing that black suit. That should get him the job.

Reactions: CWR

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Found out he was leaving as he was one of the top
HC candidates is likely to go Seattle
"If" he was visiting Seattle or any other possible team during the time he was supposed to be preparing for the playoff game, he should've been FIRED! On the spot! Why not? what's the worst that could happen, we lose the game? LOLOL We did that anyway.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He knew what he was doing, he was trying to pad his stats to get a head coaching job.
I will say this, he doesn't suck as bad as Garrett
PFF needs to add a new metric: The Ranching HC Suckage ratings!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ve checked out on caring if he stays or goes.

None of us will ever know if he asked for the correct personnel and was denied or if he said he could work with what they had, which left them basically in perpetual dime, and unable to stop the run.

Can’t really place accurate blame but I have my suspicions.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Does it really matter who our coaches are? It doesn’t. The great GM has refused to address the DT and linebacker problems for years…

Jerry wants individual stars. He does not understand the definition of team and doesn’t care. This team is a team full of individual selfish players…

Micah, Prescott, Lamb should be traded for as many draft picks as possible then use those same picks and start building a dominate D-line and o-line…when those problems are solved, then grab a QB and RB…
What is the nonsense? You just said that Dallas has ignored the DT and LB positions for years. I'd say to that...Hankins and Mazi Smith. I'd say Parsons and Overshown at linebacker. Quinn's scheme has withered on the vine and mostly because of his reticence to change. His overuse and misuse of safeties has gone far enough. His gameplan vs. Packers looked like it was drawn up on a table napkin while intoxicated.

Moreover, if the Jones clan has not addressed key positions in the past then what confidence can we have that they will do things differently going forward? How will Jerry "learn" the definition of team and care about it? Who will teach him?

mrmojo

Reaction score
That's true, but as I have said before they found out he was gone a couple weeks before the playoff game. And so the continuity just wasn't there..
But we'll see what happens next year. Just hope for the best.
This generation is so soft. In 92 the Boys knew their DC was leaving to coach Chicago and they played there butts off for him, helping to win the SB. The culture in Dallas is horrible now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You guys have no idea if it would be good or bad if he stays or goes.
His defense gave up 41 points to Love and the Pack and that was after his defense let Miami, Buffalo, and Detroit just march up and down the field at will.

His defense also gets owned everytime they play Shanny and 49ers or anybody running an offense similar to what Shanny runs with the 49ers.

Those are facts, not opinions.

rambo2

Reaction score
His defense gave up 41 points to Love and the Pack and that was after his defense let Miami, Buffalo, and Detroit just march up and down the field at will.

His defense also gets owned everytime they play Shanny and 49ers or anybody running an offense similar to what Shanny runs with the 49ers.

Those are facts, not opinions.
He did a lot of good things too.