Twitter: Dan Quinn speaks

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Translation. I needed a job and this is an offensive minded organization with the worst defense in the NFL and their history. I could start a girls' high school tennis team and increase the tackles. Jaleen Smith would lead the team in tackles.

It is the cursory comments expected by the fans and media. They all learn media coach speak or they end up on Coors Light commercials.

Motorola

Reaction score
I like it but talk is cheap
That was a big part of his coaching method and style here in Atlanta.
Quinn was never at loss for words. He came up with catch phrases and slogans every year, from the combine through the opening day of the season.
"The Brotherhood" and "fast & physical" are two best known ones.
As the Falcons started losing a lot and big the last two seasons, fans and the sports media had just as much disdain for his verbiage as they did for his coaching.
Although being DC instead of HC will reduce opportunities to speak to the press, Cowboys fans and press will come become aware of the "Quinn Quotes" as the off season begins.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn was never at loss for words. He came up with catch phrases and slogans every year, from the combine through the opening day of the season.
As the Falcons started losing a lot and big the last two seasons, fans and the sports media had just as much disdain for his verbiage as they did for his coaching.
Although being DC instead of HC will reduce opportunities to speak to the press, Cowboys fans and press will come become aware of the "Quinn Quotes" as the off season begins.
He needs to remember we had the master here in Parcells only he created his. His press conferences were must watch for me and the best I've ever seen.

One of the funniest quips by a HC ever was when he was asked about Roy OU Williams weight. "One biscuit shy of a LB".

When the NY sportswriters are sad to see a coach go, you know he's broken new ground.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I really like the Quinn hire but Nolan told us the exact same things then tried to make DLaw standing up.
That is to say, these guys just flat out lie.

I'm fairly certain Quinn knows he needs to come in with a plan that utilizes the team's best defenders and then fill gaps with new additions.

I like that he knows the base defense the players do and he wants to tweak that not scrap it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dan can say whatever he needs to or feels, but this comes down to acquiring talent on defense and that has nothing to do with him.

Silly

Reaction score
Does he know his lb core is not healthy? I don't think they could handle a season in such a system.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Was he not seen as an elite DC? Plenty of great coordinators are blah coaches. But he took his team to the Super Bowl in season 2 as head coach. And yeah they blew a big lead but he wasn't the defensive coordinator on that Atlanta team. Sometimes as head coach I feel like you have less influence in what you excel in as a coordinator.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Nothing against ya Quinn, we’ve just heard it all before.
Frankly..

What I want from Quinn is all his coachspeak plus something more..

I want a defense that finally will make in game adjustments and stop what a team is doing to stop us.

I do not care if it means more blitzing or more double coverage or pulling his pants down and mooning the refs to distract the other team.

But what I want is a multi flexible defense that attacks as much as possible.

Give me that from Quinn and and anything is possible.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
More of the same BS we heard last year. They too got a draft, full free agency to go after their guys. I do hope with DQ we do a better job assembling defensive talent but i'm not holding my breath. They need to show me, maybe actually draft a safety or 1tech DT and not just some scrub who can't make it through the no camp we had last year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I TRUST IN DAN QUINN. Not worried one bit. He will do his job well. Question is, will the players? Dan will likely remedy the sitch in quick order via all means needed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I really like the Quinn hire but Nolan told us the exact same things then tried to make DLaw standing up.
That is to say, these guys just flat out lie.

I'm fairly certain Quinn knows he needs to come in with a plan that utilizes the team's best defenders and then fill gaps with new additions.

I like that he knows the base defense the players do and he wants to tweak that not scrap it.
ONE big difference. Nolan hasnt been good in a long time. SIGNING him was a huge reach by MM. Lesson learned and now we have QUINN. I like the package deal we got with Quinn and Joe Whitt. Looks like we may also land the ATL DLINE coach as well. He was with those guys in ATL. He rose thru the ranks, is young and relates to the young players. JJ needs to sign him.

khiladi

Reaction score
To be honest, you can only say so many things as a football coach.. It’s all standard coach speak. Guys like Wade at times would breakdown defense, but he often indulged in the same thing. Just bring the results on the field.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That is a lot of words just to say, "we like out guys".

i think it's more saying, "These are the guys I've got, so I have to figure out what they can do."

Notice that he didn't say anything about players he needs in order to have a good defense when we all know there are some pretty big needs.

khiladi

Reaction score
That being said, in five years as HC in Atlanta, outside LBs, Quinn drafted a whole bunch of CBs and a couple of safeties and their secondary was a complete disaster. He most probably had zero input in building the LOB, he was DL coach there when Carroll first came, he then left for Florida for two years, and returned as DC when it was already number 1 ranked defense and Sherman already had an 8 INT season.

khiladi

Reaction score

Sounds like Jason Garrett “the process” part 2...