Twitter: Dan Quinn speaks

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am all in. I am giving Quinn a chance with a clean slate. The team was just mediocre under Garrett and I wanted a fresh start. The team was devastated with injuries last season and the defensive scheme was lacking with the players on the roster. Dan will evaluate the needs and move forward.

Quinn is will focus on making the D-line elite which will take the team to a Superbowl. He will shore up the Roster with free-agents then draft D-line, CB, LB and safeties. The team will draft plug-n-play players. I am excited.

Go Dallas!!!
Quinn isnt making the draft picks or FA picks, he will have to work with what the jones boys give him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Fans don't want to hear it. They want to SEE it!

I want both, I like hearing what coaches have to say and a glimpse into their mind set. I come here for the blah blah blah. Hearing what someone who actually plays a role means a hell of a lot more than a fan who has no clue nor is involved in this team.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I want this man to make a defense that mashes other teams in the ground and when the other team looks up at us with tears in their eyes and says “please i beg you no more” you drop an elbow because the very act of them having the audacity to move offends you

thats the defensive attitude i want in Dallas
That is how I felt after I divorced my second wife.

"Ok..now don't don't move. I don't want to hurt you anymore. We did not workout. The games are done. It's over. The whistle has blown. Goodbye.'

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Quinn isnt making the draft picks or FA picks, he will have to work with what the jones boys give him.

Really? So he won't have any say at all as far as draft picks and free agent picks?

Doesn't have to actually make the picks, he's not the owner or the head coach, he only needs to have his voice heard, and even on the Dallas Cowboys he'll have that...

Rayman70

Reaction score
this man has a plan...sounds like a true leader. He is a HC is waiting if MM flops. Book that.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Really? So he won't have any say at all as far as draft picks and free agent picks?

Doesn't have to actually make the picks, he's not the owner or the head coach, he only needs to have his voice heard, and even on the Dallas Cowboys he'll have that...
Of course Quinn will have a say.

At his job interview it had to be discussed what he sees with the schemes in place and what players he still needs.

The draft committee then pursues it for Quinn and the team as possible.

The plan has to come from Quinn.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dave wannstedt was the last DC we had that had THIS mindset. Fathom that for a bit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Of course Quinn will have a say.

At his job interview it had to be discussed what he sees with the schemes in place and what players he still needs.

The draft committee then pursues it for Quinn and the team as possible.

The plan has to come from Quinn.
Jerry will do what Quinn wants. JJ is desperate to win and I see him listening.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jerry will do what Quinn wants. JJ is desperate to win and I see him listening.

He's always listened, the "Jerry runs the team 100% from socks to jocks" is a fallacy, if for no other reason than there's far too much to running an NFL team than one person can handle. Not enough hours in a day.

The question is how much will Jerry listen? He's been desperate to win ever since Jimmy left, to prove Jimmy wasn't the main reason for the team success.

More desperate now maybe, due to the 26 years of very limited playoff success, hopefully he has finally picked the right dc, as with everybody I'm giving him a chance...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Here's to you Dan Quinn....

giphy.gif
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
At the end of the season this defense won 3 straight game and actually put us back in the race for our division.

We all saw the spark.

So for whatever reason..there was still a pulse.

The 2018 defense played well but fell short for some reason.

I think alot of those guys failed becuz Marrinelli had stale schemes.

He is gone.

I think Quinn has a good core to work with.
This is the Cowboys MO, they can beat bottom feeders but when it's time to go up against a team with an AVERAGE record they **** the bed. So excuse me if I don't see those three victories as SPARK to the defense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is the Cowboys MO, they can beat bottom feeders but when it's time to go up against a team with an AVERAGE record they **** the bed. So excuse me if I don't see those three victories as SPARK to the defense.
Depends on expectations.

Once the team spiralled out of control..

some of us switched channels.

Some of us still enjoyed the team fighting back and winning anything.

So loyal fans do not define their enjoyment by the opposition..

It's defined by commitment.

I have been committed for over 50 years.

This is just one blip on a long long history for me.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I could not be less impressed. I don't understand why anyone would want Quinn. His entire reputation is based on the Legion of Boom which was there before he got there and continued after he left. His ATL defenses were almost always terrible.

I just don't get it in the slightest.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Well he is the new guy, so he may have small input, but I doubt jones boys will pick anyone just because quinn says that is the guy.
Maybe later on.