Dan Quinn thumbs up!

LoneStar84

Reaction score
...we NEED accountability. If you stink and your play is off, bench for a series or 2. If you fumble every game. Bench em' for 2 games. If you steal cologne from Saks 5th Ave, then you must do the time... ;)..
Wasn’t it a Dillards that Randle was arrested at? Or are we talking about something different?

ShortRound

Reaction score
How nervous would he get when the score ends up being 28-3 I wonder.

plasticman

Reaction score
All those promising young rookie DB's? Sooner or later they aren't going to line up against rookie UDFA's. Instead, when they look across the other side of the scrimmage line they are going to see possibly the most explosive squad of WR's in the league. Joseph will be getting schooled by one of the best route runners in the league, Amari Cooper. Wright will be chasing after a guy who can make all kinds of acrobatic catches no matter how good your positioning is, Michael Gallup.

All these rookie DB's are going to be practicing in the minicamps and in the training camps against one of the emerging stars in the league, Cee Dee Lamb.

Those big rookie DT's are going to have fun going up against the best RG in the league today and one of the best in the league's history, Zack Martin. Tyron and La'el both have a wakeup call for Gholston.

We'll see just how phenomenal a job Quinn is doing when these rookies start practicing against real NFL talent. They'll be okay. I'm not saying I'm not excited about these rookies. I'm only saying they have proven nothing so far. Therefore, Quinn's presence around the rookies at practice and his statements during interviews don't really mean a whole lot. They will become more meaningful when we see Joseph and Wright picking off passes, Gholston and Parsons providing sacks and Odighizuwa and Bohanna clogging the middle on running plays,

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So far so good. I like what I am seeing so far. I'll guess that at least 10 rookies will make the team and if they don't, whoever makes the team on defense will me much improved under Quinn.
What on earth have you seen thus far?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
All Quinn has to do is help Dallas make better personnel decisions. So far so good, IMO. We just had a decent draft. And if he can keep them drafting defensive players year after year, we will eventually hit on some. The offense is set for the next three years, so let's do our best to fix the defense.

Go Quinn.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
So far so good. I like what I am seeing so far. I'll guess that at least 10 rookies will make the team and if they don't, whoever makes the team on defense will me much improved under Quinn.
Slow down there. McCarthy are we discussing the same guy who got fired in GB becuz he and Aaron Rogers had a falling out and This made Big Mike become available in the first place.

I sort grin at people who think Quinn is going to magically change the defense after being fired in Atlanta.

So we shall see what happens

jrumann59

Reaction score
Slow down there. McCarthy are we discussing the same guy who got fired in GB becuz he and Aaron Rogers had a falling out and This made Big Mike become available in the first place.

I sort grin at people who think Quinn is going to magically change the defense after being fired in Atlanta.

As a DC he was good as a HC not so much. Being HC you have to focus on many things one reason why Wade Phillips was never really more than an average HC.

rambo2

Reaction score

Quinn has a good resume as a coordinator.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a good friend that worked loss prevention at a Saks Off 5th in Austin.
Boy, did he have stories.
Some dude tried to run off with a pair of the most ridiculous pair of undies... $500.
It had chains on it, lol.
That's some serious underwear. Was it one of the employees? They are the most frequent thieves of department stores.

chagus

Reaction score
Rookie camp and camp reports from people who were there in person. I also have seen hours of video of the new rookies.
Share some links please. Ive only seen minutes of rookie mini camp. Thanks.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Quinn has a good resume as a coordinator.
My comment is meant to imply we have replaced DCs before. Without much success. It's obvious we do not place much importance on defense otherwise and therefore the defense gets rolled over. So it's that guys like Phillips and Ryan and Marinelli will fail without FO support. Quinn is going to get it now from the top brass.