Video: Dan Quinn will be in the box

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I looked and didn't see anyone post this interview or anyone posting about where he will be. I don't pay attention to any team other than the Cowboys so I've never seen an interview with him speaking. I really like this guy and so does his players, and I can see why. He mentions he'll be in the box calling plays. I've seen people criticizing Nolan for doing this. He explains why he'll be up there and I see his reasoning for doing so. Since Dan won't be on the field bringing in George Edwards is huge. We have two solid defensive coordinators working with our defense this year. One up in the box and other being a hands on coach. I like that idea a lot! He says his "players have something to prove and that goes for the coaches too." I like this guy. Him and Edwards will have this defense ranking between 7th and 12th by the end of the season. I feel it!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I looked and didn't see anyone post this interview or anyone posting about where he will be. I don't pay attention to any team other than the Cowboys so I've never seen an interview with him speaking. I really like this guy and so does his players, and I can see why. He mentions he'll be in the box calling plays. I've seen people criticizing Nolan for doing this. He explains why he'll be up there and I see his reasoning for doing so. Since Dan won't be on the field bringing in George Edwards is huge. We have two solid defensive coordinators working with our defense this year. One up in the box and other being a hands on coach. I like that idea a lot! He says his "players have something to prove and that goes for the coaches too." I like this guy. Him and Edwards will have this defense ranking between 7th and 12th by the end of the season. I feel it!

Are they going to allow him to have doughnuts up there?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
@TheMightyVanHalen So, Quinn will be 'Man in the Box.' Now let the debate begin if Alice in Chains is better than Van Halen :)

I've seen both in their prime and IMO, AIC isn't even in the same discussion with The Mighty Van Halen. Music is subjective so that's why I always say "IMO" when talking about music. But Jerry is a very good guitarist and vocalist too.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I think all DC and OC should be in the box.
Moore needs to be up there also.

They get a better perspective of what is going on. What the formations are.

I think so too. You can see the field better. Bill Belichick thinks otherwise. He prefers to be in the action. With Quinn I think having George Edwards, and solid D coordinator in his own right, will help him a lot. I like this idea.

coult44

Reaction score

His pressers have been the best. I’ve anticipated and watched every one of them.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've seen both in their prime and IMO, AIC isn't even in the same discussion with The Mighty Van Halen. Music is subjective so that's why I always say "IMO" when talking about music. But Jerry is a very good guitarist and vocalist too.
Alice had a few ok songs. Two really good ones IMO.

Van Halen was a legendary band....in two different forms with two different sounds.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
@TheMightyVanHalen even if the Cowboys are the only team you follow, you should have seen Dan Quinn speak before the presser that you posted. He has talked at other pressers at this training camp and they are posted on YouTube among other places. It just seems odd to me if you follow the Cowboys that this would be the first time you've seen him talk.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
lmao So what are you thinking, that I’m not a true fan since I don’t watch press conferences?

Don't let him rile you up, this is just what he does. I never watch the PC's either and not many people do. He purposely tries to get under your skin. He's not the biggest offender, though

I notice you're new to CZ.... the video posted above is my way of saying 'welcome to the pride'. You're going to come across members who will label you a 'hater', 'troll', 'not a fan', and sometimes all three if you say anything negative about anyone or anything related to the team. Learn to get some thick skin and try your best to just roll with it. Not that you said anything negative in your post........

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Don't let him rile you up, this is just what he does. I never watch the PC's either and not many people do. He purposely tries to get under your skin. He's not the biggest offender, though

I notice you're new to CZ.... the video posted above is my way of saying 'welcome to the pride'. You're going to come across members who will label you a 'hater', 'troll', 'not a fan', and sometimes all three if you say anything negative about anyone or anything related to the team. Learn to get some thick skin and try your best to just roll with it. Not that you said anything negative in your post........

I hear ya. I’m not really new to this site. I was at the DC message board and when it was shut down someone from here invited all of us to give this site a look. So I did. I didn’t sign up though. I just lurked. Lol Last year I had a good feeling so I decided to join here and celebrate a huge season with fellow Cowboy fans. Unfortunately last season was a disaster with no coaches, not much training camp and no pre-season games for the new coaches to evaluate or teach the players their system, plus all the injuries. What a nightmare last season was, huh.

Thanks for the heads up though. I appreciate that. I think he’ll always give me a hard time because I challenged him on his claim that he’s tougher than Dak because he didn’t cry after he had the same injury. Lol I was just messing with him but he took it personal.

Techsass

Reaction score
Heard a bit of this on the radio. He's an engaging speaker & I can see players following his lead, especially if they see positive results early on.