Video: Dan Quinn will be in the box

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
lmao So what are you thinking, that I’m not a true fan since I don’t watch press conferences?
What I'm thinking is you are full of crap. You suck as a fan if this is the first time you saw Dan Quinn talk. How funny is that? Still "lmao"? ;)

Praxit

Reaction score
You see the field much better from the box
Seems like the logical place for a play caller to me
I didn’t care where Nolan called plays from
I care that his play calling didn’t work worth a crap
....seemed like he was here sabotaging the defense. Thats how bad they played. Unforgettable year.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
What I'm thinking is you are full of crap. You suck as a fan if this is the first time you saw Dan Quinn talk. How funny is that? Still "lmao"? ;)

I suck as a fan because I don’t watch press conferences. Lmao Okay child, whatever. I see you’re still made at me because I called you out on your lie.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I think all DC and OC should be in the box.
Moore needs to be up there also.

They get a better perspective of what is going on. What the formations are.

Having direct access to the players is worth something, too. There are plenty of coordinators who do well from either the field or the box, so ultimately, I don't care what they do, as long as it is their choice and they have weighed the pros and cons.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I looked and didn't see anyone post this interview or anyone posting about where he will be. I don't pay attention to any team other than the Cowboys so I've never seen an interview with him speaking. I really like this guy and so does his players, and I can see why. He mentions he'll be in the box calling plays. I've seen people criticizing Nolan for doing this. He explains why he'll be up there and I see his reasoning for doing so. Since Dan won't be on the field bringing in George Edwards is huge. We have two solid defensive coordinators working with our defense this year. One up in the box and other being a hands on coach. I like that idea a lot! He says his "players have something to prove and that goes for the coaches too." I like this guy. Him and Edwards will have this defense ranking between 7th and 12th by the end of the season. I feel it!

I am hopeful!

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Son, who do you think you are calling me "child"? I was going to Van Halen concerts when they were still called Mammoth.

Too cool. I wish I was in Pasadena in 1974 to see that band take shape.

Oh! I’m calling you a child because you’re acting like a child. Act a like a grown a** man and I’ll treat you as such.

"Treat a person as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat him as he could be, and he will become what he should be." Jimmy Johnson

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Having direct access to the players is worth something, too. There are plenty of coordinators who do well from either the field or the box, so ultimately, I don't care what they do, as long as it is their choice and they have weighed the pros and cons.

Yeah I see pros and cons with both too. I think George Edwards will have direct access to the players. His signing is underrated, IMO.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I hear ya. I’m not really new to this site. I was at the DC message board and when it was shut down someone from here invited all of us to give this site a look. So I did. I didn’t sign up though. I just lurked. Lol Last year I had a good feeling so I decided to join here and celebrate a huge season with fellow Cowboy fans. Unfortunately last season was a disaster with no coaches, not much training camp and no pre-season games for the new coaches to evaluate or teach the players their system, plus all the injuries. What a nightmare last season was, huh.

Thanks for the heads up though. I appreciate that. I think he’ll always give me a hard time because I challenged him on his claim that he’s tougher than Dak because he didn’t cry after he had the same injury. Lol I was just messing with him but he took it personal.
Joe's a putz.
You have to take his act with a giant grain of salt and realize the grumpasaurus rex that he is.

I love poking that bear, lol.

You're aces, but I'm not going to take sides on the Alice V Van debate.
Too different from each other.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I'm just here to say VH was never the same after DLR left.

You’re alright in my book! Lol
tenor.gif

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Joe's a putz.
You have to take his act with a giant grain of salt and realize the grumpasaurus rex that he is.

I love poking that bear, lol.

You're aces, but I'm not going to take sides on the Alice V Van debate.
Too different from each other.

Grumpsaurus Rex? Haha Love it. I now have another name for my wife when she’s grumpy. ;)

I have no problems with AIC. I first seen them opening for Metallica before they got big. IMO they are the best band from that era. Along with Soundgarden. You’re right they are two totally different bands. Like I said earlier, music is subjective so I’ll never make fun of someone for their pick as their favorite band. Well, maybe diehard Poison fans. I might ride them a little. Lol

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Remember when they hired Cherone and you just knew, in your gut, that the band was done?
Cherone? The More Than Words guy?

Haha omg! To be honest, I only heard that one song that they promoted. That’s it. I don’t know the name but the video they was in an igloo or in a ice packaging warehouse or something like that. I wasn’t a fan at all. Gary is good singer just not for them.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The reason I hated Nolan in the box was because there was an obvious lack of communication between him and players. The players clearly needed more direction and while there are assistants to help the buck stops with the coordinator. Quinn seems to be a much better teacher/ communicator so this shouldn't be an issue.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GL Quinn and hope the offense can score enough points to reward your defense for their efforts!!!

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
GL Quinn and hope the offense can score enough points to reward your defense for their efforts!!!

IMO scoring points won’t be a problem this year because they will be the #1 ranked offense when it’s all said and done. But since you think Dak is the anti-Christ I doubt you’ll be pulling for that to happen. Lol

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO scoring points won’t be a problem this year because they will be the #1 ranked offense when it’s all said and done. But since you think Dak is the anti-Christ I doubt you’ll be pulling for that to happen. Lol
Tell that to the defenses that kept the Saints to 12 pts the Pat's 9 pts throw in the Eagle's 9 pts and ended up losing the game......
Think Dak was the QB in those games!o_O
Newbie GL here and welcome to the Rockport and friends club!