Twitter: Dan Quinn won't interview with Jaguars

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
maybe wanting to take a break from head coach for a little

dc is a great job in the nfl and he is only around 50 so he have a lot of time left

He has already said that he didn't take this job in Dallas as DC to simply jump at the next HC opportunity. Im guessing he stays in Dallas unless a dream opportunity comes calling. I have no idea what that may be.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I could swear he mentioned something about not wanting a HC position right now a couple of months ago.

Now he is gonna run to Jacksonville? No.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s only 32 NFL teams. If you want to be a HC you don’t pass up these opportunities. They have a potential rookie franchise QB to build around. I find this strange unless there is something else going on.
I get your point, and it's a valid one, but maybe he's okay staying a coordinator unless he gets what he feels is the just the right opportunity.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get your point, and it's a valid one, but maybe he's okay staying a coordinator unless he gets what he feels is the just the right opportunity.

Exactly. If he jumps right into that dumpster fire and things go as they have, he’ll likely NEVER get another chance.

lqmac1

Reaction score
He knows the young players he’s got on this defense and what he can do here. Also, he’ll have job security here until he retires.

I think he previously mentioned that he’s not interested in head coaching again.

You never hear of anybody wanting to leave Dallas. People love being a cowboy!

D4KADON

Reaction score
Knowing his personality

i think Chicago is the best fit for him

Mack would be a good piece to work with

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There’s only 32 NFL teams. If you want to be a HC you don’t pass up these opportunities. They have a potential rookie franchise QB to build around. I find this strange unless there is something else going on.

Thing is these opportunities open up every year as a handful of HC are fired. Unless you are desperate for a HC job, sure you could jump into a horrible situation. I'm sure Quinn will do what he feels is in his best interest, he has experienced the role of HC before and at some point may very well do so again, but not sure he is in a big hurry to leave unless the right situation falls his way

lqmac1

Reaction score
Maybe he’s just having fun as a DC with no pressure of being a HC? He can sail off to Hawaii for a spell after the playoffs and than work on the draft with Will to get more shiny new toys. If I had Parsons I would never want to leave.
I think Parsons is what will keep him. They have already established a great relationship were Parsons called him his football dad.

He’s got a guy with all time great potential which will help solidify his legacy as a defensive coordinator, as well. Not going to be easy to pluck him away and I don’t think it will be money.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think Parsons is what will keep him. They have already established a great relationship were Parsons called him his football dad.

He’s got a guy with all time great potential which will help solidify his legacy as a defensive coordinator, as well. Not going to be easy to pluck him away and I don’t think it will be money.

Jerry would write him and Moore a check today for probably 4 million per season to keep them.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Jags job is terrible. They'll have to settle for someone without a lot of experience because anyone good will look elsewhere. And that means that the coaching staff will also be subpar, because not many guys with a resume will go work for a rookie head coach.

Reactions: BAT