Twitter: Dan Quinn won't interview with Jaguars

Carter

Reaction score
What i read from Quinn is that the ATL HC Firing really took a toll on him and broke his heart. He said multiple times that he wants to do something where hes best and comfortable at. Thats obviously at DC.

I bet that Jerry throws HC money at Quinn to make him stay, so money wont be a problem.

I dont think Quinn really wants to leave a young top talented Defense with a young franchise QB and an all around playoff team to take a risky HC job on a losing team. Not even for the Seattle gig.

I think hes pretty much enjoying himself right now. He can still try another HC gig in 3 years if he wants to. Hes only 50.

I would try to build my DC legacy on a team that loves me before i take another risky HC gig.

Scotman

Reaction score
I think Quinn will stay with MM. Heck if MM don’t shape up then he could get the HC job if Moore don’t end up with it. Let MM and his clock management screw us in the playoffs..
This is my thought. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Quinn eventually ends up the HC here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure about Carroll AND Wilson leaving. I do think it is time to go their separate ways. Just my take, but if I'm Seattle, Wilson stays with an extension ( this is the last year of guaranteed $ on his contract), Carroll is fired and going hard after Quinn. Let Quinn do his magic with the D ( remember we were ranked at the bottom defensively last year) and Wilson give him a vet QB who just needs a few more pieces around him, a perfect match IMO.

But if you trade Wilson and keep Carroll, you don't have 1st round pick or franchise QB.......that spells rebuild to me.

If they trade Wilson, I have to think that they would get at least one first round pick, and likely more than one. But the stories about Wilson wanting out surfaced last offseason and seeing the offensive falloff this year just reinforces that to me. The guy doesn’t want to be there anymore.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
What i read from Quinn is that the ATL HC Firing really took a toll on him and broke his heart. He said multiple times that he wants to do something where hes best and comfortable at. Thats obviously at DC.

I bet that Jerry throws HC money at Quinn to make him stay, so money wont be a problem.

I dont think Quinn really wants to leave a young top talented Defense with a young franchise QB and an all around playoff team to take a risky HC job on a losing team. Not even for the Seattle gig.

I think hes pretty much enjoying himself right now. He can still try another HC gig in 3 years if he wants to. Hes only 50.

I would try to build my DC legacy on a team that loves me before i take another risky HC gig.

it also puts pressure on Big Mike.

Dan already won a game for us as acting HC.

Reactions: BAT

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, I'm speculating that Quinn will stay in Dallas, I'm not sure why you added "Assistant coaches" as if I'm talking about anyone else, let alone generalizing all coaches. Let's not put words in others mouths to fluff up a narrative.
No, it's nothing like a player wanting to be a back up, that makes zero sense. Completely unrelated.
Lastly, there is no vacancy in Seattle. There's no available job to be eying. While Seattle is having a down year, he's been pretty successful, last year he won the division. 9 of 12 seasons in the playoffs. Sounds more like media drama.
We'll see, anything could happen. But I tend to think if he turned an opportunity to be a HC, he's likely not ready to attempt a move back up.
I understand but we know there’s going to be several openings around the league . And Seattle could possibly be one of them. Vegas another one. Prob in NY and Houston.

Is it speculative at this point . Of course but that’s what we do here. Forum drama .Spinning our narrative :)

As far as the analogies, that’s simply to provide perspective .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That doesn't translate to him leaving. I mean, the season isn't even over and already people think he's leaving with players. That's a little unrealistic.
It would make more sense to speculate that he'd rather stay in Dallas and ride this wave.
All depends on what he is offered to leave or stay. He doesn't have to go anywhere so he is in the driver's seat.

JAX is making a public cattle call for their next HC and he decided not to participate in that but also decided not to tell us why. Some see that as he's happy where he is but all I see is that he is not interested in that job at this time.

It is funny to see posters thinking they know him and what he's thinking or that more money will erase that burn from being fired in ATL. We know very little about the man Dan Quinn. We also do not know that another DC couldn't do as well, if not better, with this defense. Don't know until that happens.

I do not worry about losing coaches because that's just part of it. It is forever in movement in an industry heavy with turnover. It is still more about the talent than coaching to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's taken our defense from the bottom of the pit to the top 3. Not just that but he's done with missing 3 key starters for several games. In other words, he's proving he can turn your team's D into the top 10 with a few pieces.

As a defensive coordinator.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
All depends on what he is offered to leave or stay. He doesn't have to go anywhere so he is in the driver's seat.

JAX is making a public cattle call for their next HC and he decided not to participate in that but also decided not to tell us why. Some see that as he's happy where he is but all I see is that he is not interested in that job at this time.

It is funny to see posters thinking they know him and what he's thinking or that more money will erase that burn from being fired in ATL. We know very little about the man Dan Quinn. We also do not know that another DC couldn't do as well, if not better, with this defense. Don't know until that happens.

I do not worry about losing coaches because that's just part of it. It is forever in movement in an industry heavy with turnover. It is still more about the talent than coaching to me.
That's exactly why I stated "speculate."

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Amen !!

cowboyed

Reaction score
Fans place entirely too much emphasis on winning and the thought that an asst coach would rather make less money and be on a winning team than be promoted to a HC of a losing team is laughable.

It’s either totally self centered for the Cowboys interest or they have never had ambitions to prosperity of their own. Not sure what motivates such a mentality.

I get what you are saying about Cowboys fans thinking we are so great why would he want to go and head coach for some other team. Jerry has the financial means to keep Quinn here, so the money elsewhere may not be that much of a factor unless the compensation from another team is stunningly huge. Quinn may just want to be here with the Cowboys and savor his handiwork for a couple of seasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get what you are saying about Cowboys fans thinking we are so great why would he want to go and head coach for some other team. Jerry has the financial means to keep Quinn here, so the money elsewhere may not be that much of a factor unless the compensation from another team is stunningly huge. Quinn may just want to be here with the Cowboys and savor his handiwork for a couple of seasons.
Could be but I’d be shocked.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m curious, when are you flying out for your interview.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Ehh if a quality job opens up and it’s a well run or stable organization I’m sure he’ll be interested even if he loves it here

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He's taken our defense from the bottom of the pit to the top 3. Not just that but he's done with missing 3 key starters for several games. In other words, he's proving he can turn your team's D into the top 10 with a few pieces.

Denver already has #1 ranked defense under Fangio.

Makes no sense for him to be hired there.

Houston, Jax and LV are **** shows, he is too smart to bother with those teams.

Seattle without Wilson cannot be appealing. Same with other teams without legit QB.

Which of the remaining teams are more attractive than waiting it out in Dallas until MM bids adieu.