Dan Snyder's next move

Duane

Reaction score
seantaylor21 said:
Agreed.. Your defense will easily be exploited by Mark Brunell and co. I think your offense will be formidable, yes, however If given the choice I would rather have the recieving corps of the Commanders than 1 of TO. Also find a decent running back
WTH are you talking about? We have two good running backs in Jones and Barber.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
I don't know. The Commanders pre-Gibbs part deax showed that defenses built around the LB's aren't great. I think it all starts up front and Glover could stop the run and pressure the QB.
All 3-4 schemes are built around the LBs.

Good thing this isn't a test day.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
I would be happy if I had T.O. but don't forget that this guy has already torn two locker rooms apart. This is definitely a risky deal for you guys.

Your weakness is your Defense. It seems that every other team in the east has improved thier defense while you guys have taken a step back. Losing Glover was huge.

Regarding the 1st thing, if that helps you sleep at night before we play you guys, good for you buddy.

I'm not sure how closely you follow Dallas, but let me fill you in on smething, we run a 3-4. Glover has no place in the 3-4. And as much as many of us love and thank Dat Nguyen, Akin Adoyle is better suited to play inside in the 3-4. ANd the draft hasn't even happened yet.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
I don't know. The Commanders pre-Gibbs part deax showed that defenses built around the LB's aren't great. I think it all starts up front and Glover could stop the run and pressure the QB.

Yes, but in the 3-4 that's not his role. The NT's role is to command a double team, and Ferguson does that every play.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
After realizing that Dallas just neutralized his entire offseason Danny will now concentrate his efforts on keeping Sean Taylor's sorry rear end out of prison.

Who cares? He can sign whomever the wants -- but he CAN'T, because he just overpaid for a ton of players.

Does anyone else see 2000 again for them....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
seantaylor21 said:
Agreed.. Your defense will easily be exploited by Mark Brunell and co. I think your offense will be formidable, yes, however If given the choice I would rather have the recieving corps of the Commanders than 1 of TO. Also find a decent running back
I love it when Skins fans bag on each other.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
seantaylor21 said:

Good Ole SKins fans at ait again...dont forget Terry Glenn and Witten. Jones and Barber arent good in your book?

seantaylor21

Reaction score
Julius Jones is decent, not bad at all, if he can stay healthy he is a good back. Barber is not good in my opinion, however. The problem with Dallas is they havent been able to exploit defenses by a strong running game followed by the play action pass. They mainly use screen passes out of the backfeild to cover for this weakness. TO will help but you got run to set up the pass

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
seantaylor21 said:
Julius Jones is decent, not bad at all, if he can stay healthy he is a good back. Barber is not good in my opinion, however. The problem with Dallas is they havent been able to exploit defenses by a strong running game followed by the play action pass. They mainly use screen passes out of the backfeild to cover for this weakness. TO will help but you got run to set up the pass

Just the fact that you guys are over here trolling proves how scared you guys really are. We need to address our OL and things will look alot better. Plus, with Glenn and Owens, I'd like to see which team is brave enough to walk their Safety up into the box.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Regarding the 1st thing, if that helps you sleep at night before we play you guys, good for you buddy.

I'm not sure how closely you follow Dallas, but let me fill you in on smething, we run a 3-4. Glover has no place in the 3-4. And as much as many of us love and thank Dat Nguyen, Akin Adoyle is better suited to play inside in the 3-4. ANd the draft hasn't even happened yet.

Glover is much more disruptive than Ferguson. I have never been a big fan of the 3-4.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Just the fact that you guys are over here trolling proves how scared you guys really are. We need to address our OL and things will look alot better. Plus, with Glenn and Owens, I'd like to see which team is brave enough to walk their Safety up into the box.

I am not afraid at all. You guys better resign Allen or T.O. will never get the ball. Drew isn't going to be buying time on anybody.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
I would be happy if I had T.O. but don't forget that this guy has already torn two locker rooms apart. This is definitely a risky deal for you guys.

Your weakness is your Defense. It seems that every other team in the east has improved thier defense while you guys have taken a step back. Losing Glover was huge.

umm Maybe you should look at last year Dallas, and Washingtons defense was virtually the same in every category. I doubt losing our backup NT will kill us

seantaylor21

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

Im not scarred at all. Im looking forward to a competitive season and that is all. It will be a very anticipated event for any NFC game this season. As far as putting safteys in the Box "Harm and Hammer" could possibly be the best safteys in the history of the NFL. Look out for Arch and ST on TO.... he will NOT go across the middle....garaunteed

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grim21Reaper said:
Glover is much more disruptive than Ferguson.
Yes, he was.

In the 4-3.
Grim21Reaper said:
I have never been a big fan of the 3-4.
Don't worry. Teams like the now defending Super Bowl champion Steelers love it.

Oy.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
DallasEast said:
Yes, he was.

In the 4-3. Don't worry. Teams like the now defending Super Bowl champion Steelers love it.

Oy.

Are you saying the Dallas D is as good as the Steelers?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
TO>S.Moss
T.Glenn>Lloyd
Crayton<Randle El

I'll give you Randle El over Crayton, though Crayton put up 22 rec. 341 15.5 avg 2td in 11 games and was still not the same when he came back from injury. Randle El 35 rec 558 15.9 avg 1td in 15 games. Call me generous. Cowboys have the better receiver corps regardless.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grim21Reaper said:
Are you saying the Dallas D is as good as the Steelers?
Nope. I didn't state that at all.

You stated, "I have never been a big fan of the 3-4."

The point that you've missed is that a 3-4 defense (and the refs) helped crown the last Super Bowl champion. Sure, you don't like the defense, but those who can use it effectively win with it. That's all that really matters.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I don't care for the 3-4 either, but that's what we run and Glover doesn't fit. He's a good player though. As far as T.O. goes, he can only help Glenn on the other side, we use him much the same way the Skins use Moss. With Kosier and Fabbini helping to fix the Line, that should free Witten up and open up holes for JJ and Barber. As far as the D goes, they were pretty good last year, we missed the playoffs due to lousy O-line play and the lack of a kicker. BTW, do you have any LB's yourself?.