Dan Snyder's next move

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Our offense needed bigger plays and Keyshawn a solid player was just not capable. The attention TO receives will open up things for the others. Glenn if healthy will probably have a career year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
In the what have you done for me lately NFL that is a good point since JJ has had injury problems; how some ever, I notice that JJ has had big games against playoof teams while Portis's big games come against teams like Arizona and KC (well know for their D's). JJ's big games came against playoff teams like Seattle and Carolina. Now this last year Portis did real good untill he wore down late- but then again you guys did have a better O line.
I will take JJ over Portis because JJ has less mileage on him- the way Gibbs has been running Portis he will wear down in a couple of years.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
I'll give you that signing T.O. is a good signing, but personally, I think that there could have been some other areas to target a big signing on than at WR.

first, your WR corps was already pretty good from last year. Glenn had one of the best years of his career, and me-shawn provided a nice #2 possesion reciever for you all. To me, the signing of T.O. just bolstered a position that was definatly not one of your positions of needs going into the offseason.

I believe that a major signing on the offensive line would have been a much more productive signing. Even though you have added depth on the line, I dont think that it was the answer that you all were looking for.

Even though the signing of T.O. will give you one of the better combos or WR in the league, you all might have some troubles along the line, even with flo coming back.
Such as?

OL to keep Bledsoe upright? Has been addressed with 2 signings and the Draft is still ahead.

K so we don't lose a couple of fluke games? Have you read how many kickers we've looked at? It is being addressed.

LB depth? One signing plus it is rumored to be the target of the Drfat, which by the way, is still ahead.

FS to finish off the secondary? There are still some options out there, one of them is the NFL Draft, still ahead.

I'd still like to see more done, luckily we still have quite a bit of cap room, and a lot of Draft picks still to make.

I fail to see a glaring weakness being ignored. Would you help a brutha out?

:grin:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
Not this time Dad. 2003 with Denver against KC. Portis has had a 4 td game too.

He still didnt have 250 yards little guy keep spinning

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Our offense needed bigger plays and Keyshawn a solid player was just not capable. The attention TO receives will open up things for the others. Glenn if healthy will probably have a career year.

Glenn had what, 1200 yards recieving last year? With T.O. as your number 1, tell, where are all of those yards going to come from?

If Glenn has a career next year, it will come at the expense of TO being kicked off the team from arguing with parcells about not getting the ball enough.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
skinsngibbs4life said:
I'll give you that signing T.O. is a good signing, but personally, I think that there could have been some other areas to target a big signing on than at WR.

first, your WR corps was already pretty good from last year. Glenn had one of the best years of his career, and me-shawn provided a nice #2 possesion reciever for you all. To me, the signing of T.O. just bolstered a position that was definatly not one of your positions of needs going into the offseason.

I believe that a major signing on the offensive line would have been a much more productive signing. Even though you have added depth on the line, I dont think that it was the answer that you all were looking for.

Even though the signing of T.O. will give you one of the better combos or WR in the league, you all might have some troubles along the line, even with flo coming back.

"Turn out the lights...the partys over..." :laugh2:

You Redstinks are really worried....you know it, I know it...and when it's all said and done? You will still be back where you belong...

Hey, you had a Lucky year...and now your owner just spent a friggen ton of money to players that are just there to collect a paycheck!

But, don't worry...little Art from the ES forum will make it all good!

:lmao2:

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Regarding the 1st thing, if that helps you sleep at night before we play you guys, good for you buddy.

I'm not sure how closely you follow Dallas, but let me fill you in on smething, we run a 3-4. Glover has no place in the 3-4. And as much as many of us love and thank Dat Nguyen, Akin Adoyle is better suited to play inside in the 3-4. ANd the draft hasn't even happened yet.

Interesting....it seems that the Skins fans forgot about the draft...Why is that?

Oh yeah they have like 1 first day pick

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno said:
Interesting....it seems that the Skins fans forgot about the draft...Why is that?

Oh yeah they have like 1 first day pick

Why bother with unknowns when you can fill your holes with proven players.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oppps....foul!

I'm going to send this post into the NFL office for review!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Grim21Reaper said:

Proven? :rolleyes:

You mean like "proven" that the teams they came from don't want them anymore, otherwise they would have paid them to stay? That kind of "proven"? :lmao:

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
5Stars said:
"Turn out the lights...the partys over..." :laugh2:

You Redstinks are really worried....you know it, I know it...and when it's all said and done? You will still be back where you belong...

Hey, you had a Lucky year...and now your owner just spent a friggen ton of money to players that are just there to collect a paycheck!

But, don't worry...little Art from the ES forum will make it all good!

is that all that you can say? that we are over here because we are "scared"?
You can't deny the fact that you all were worried about the o-line heading into the offseason. I have seen numerous people on here complain about needing an upgrade over Al Johnson(which didnt happen) and at RT with Petitti( which i guess you could say kind of happened). I dont know if this guy you signed is going to start this year, but if he isnt, its a lot to expect out of a 2nd year player to go out and improve that much. Add in the fact that Larry Allen has been suffering nagging injuries for two straight years now, and you are one injury away from being right where you were at the end of last year.

Grim21Reaper

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Proven? :rolleyes:

You mean like "proven" that the teams they came from don't want them anymore, otherwise they would have paid them to stay? That kind of "proven"? :lmao:

Enter T.O. here. Come on now... That was a softball.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We definitly need to pick up a couple more people on the O line- and we will; but you see there is this thing called the draft- I know that is something you skins seem to ignore a lot- but it does exist. And we have a nice set of picks to use there.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:
Glover is much more disruptive than Ferguson. I have never been a big fan of the 3-4.

Yes, Glover is more disruptive, as a 3tech tackle. He doesn't draw double teams, like a 3-4 NT should.

And Im so glad that we have Parcells coaching instead of you, and since this is the case, you're personal preference of the defense means nothing. Look at the last SB winners...Pats and Steelers, 4 out of 5 SBs, both run the 3-4..

seantaylor21 said:
Im not scarred at all. Im looking forward to a competitive season and that is all. It will be a very anticipated event for any NFC game this season. As far as putting safteys in the Box "Harm and Hammer" could possibly be the best safteys in the history of the NFL. Look out for Arch and ST on TO.... he will NOT go across the middle....garaunteed

Why is it that everytime somebody mentions a WR to you guys, all you hear about is how Taylor and his new homeboy are going to take that persons head off. It's such a bland Skins response to everything.

And I don't think anyone compared Jones to Portis anywhere in this thread either.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Grim21Reaper said:

Hows that been working for you since Danny boy took over? Hes been trying to buy a winner since day one. One decent year? I hate the TO signing, we didnt need it. But as far as building the right way, we are doing great thnx. You guys have players buying their way out.

We still have money and there are still great players to be had.

Why are skins fans even on this forum?