Dane Brugler Mock 4/17

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Didn’t you like the Tyler pick? Interested in why you’d dislike Guyton as I feel like there are similarities with them being raw but Guyton being a better prospect.
In my opinion, Tyler Smith was a dominate run blocker that needed work with his technique to help him with pass protection and limit his high penalties committed. Due to his size/strength many thought he could become a dominate, interior player. As for Guyton, playing LT on the next level is more of a projection, he is a very poor run blocker despite his size and has character concerns about his work ethic and coachability.

cnuball21

Reaction score
In my opinion, Tyler Smith was a dominate run blocker that needed work with his technique to help him with pass protection and limit his high penalties committed. Due to his size/strength many thought he could become a dominate, interior player. As for Guyton, playing LT on the next level is more of a projection, he is a very poor run blocker despite his size and has character concerns about his work ethic and coachability.
They both need refinement as prospect but I’m not buying your logic…Smith was a 2nd round player according to just about everyone in a mediocre OL class.

Guyton is a a 1st round player according to just about everyone in a loaded OL class.

Guyton’s length, feet and ability to mirror combo are top 20ish. Of course he needs to get better against the run and refine technique but that’s like knocking a stud pass rusher who needs to get better against he run. Like sack artists OTs get drafted high and paid to protect the QB.

I also don’t buy the work ethic / character stuff…outside of you have heard zero about that from any legitimate source.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
If you’re going to take Guyton trade back and get a 3rd or 4th round pick. Use the later 3rd or 4th on RB. Use the earlier pick to get a DT or WR

Carson

Reaction score
If you’re going to take Guyton trade back and get a 3rd or 4th round pick. Use the later 3rd or 4th on RB. Use the earlier pick to get a DT or WR
You aren’t trading back and getting Guyton.

He will go top 22 next week. Guaranteed

John813

Reaction score
I don't mind the Matt Lee pick, if the team passes the ball a lot.
Definitely more of a pass blocking center than mauler.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't mind the Matt Lee pick, if the team passes the ball a lot.
Definitely more of a pass blocking center than mauler.
I think it would be better to get Jackson Powers-Johnson or Zach Frazier.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You aren’t trading back and getting Guyton.

He will go top 22 next week. Guaranteed
Yea, he’s been picking up a lot of steam since the senior bowl. He’s currently 30 on the consensus big board but at a premium position could jump higher

I’d prefer a higher rated player
but would be ok / meh with Guyton.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They both need refinement as prospect but I’m not buying your logic…Smith was a 2nd round player according to just about everyone in a mediocre OL class.

Guyton is a a 1st round player according to just about everyone in a loaded OL class.

Guyton’s length, feet and ability to mirror combo are top 20ish. Of course he needs to get better against the run and refine technique but that’s like knocking a stud pass rusher who needs to get better against he run. Like sack artists OTs get drafted high and paid to protect the QB.

I also don’t buy the work ethic / character stuff…outside of you have heard zero about that from any legitimate source.
He is a raw, traits based prospect that you are banking on his development. We know Tyler has the so called want to be great and is one of the hardest workers on our team. We don't know Guyton's mental makeup. I have seen several times teams worry about his immaturity and if he has the motivation to reach his potential. The BYU prospect is very similar, outside of legitimate LT experience, but both are huge gambles. I rather take a high floor player then either one of these two tackles, especially at 24.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He is a raw, traits based prospect that you are banking on his development. We know Tyler has the so called want to be great and is one of the hardest workers on our team. We don't know Guyton's mental makeup. I have seen several times teams worry about his immaturity and if he has the motivation to reach his potential. The BYU prospect is very similar, outside of legitimate LT experience, but both are huge gambles. I rather take a high floor player then either one of these two tackles, especially at 24.
You’ve seen several teams worry about Guytons mental makeup and work ethic? Again where in the world is this coming from? If you have legit credible sources I’ll happily change my tune but I think you referenced Walterfootball which would be a pass for me.

That aside, we didn’t know Tyler’s makeup as a prospect either. He was raw and a penalty machine with good traits and it worked out. Don’t see much difference outside of Guyton unanimously being considered a better prospect.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
1- Tyler Guyton
2- Payton Wilson
3- Jaylen Wright
4-
5- Matt Lee

174. Dallas Cowboys: Matt Lee, C, Miami​

If the Cowboys had to play a game tomorrow, the coaches would be comfortable starting Brock Hoffman at center. But they will address the position at some point in the draft. With his anchor and quickness, Lee is terrific value in the late fifth.
6- Xavier Weaver- WR Colarado
7-Chau Smith Wade- CB Washington State
7- Javontae Jean-Baptist- Notre Dame

Feels like a start of a dynasty after that haul
If that's our haul, I'll take it. It's fairly realistic unlike some of mocks having 3rd rounders being selected in the 6th and 7th.

However, I'm fairly envious of what Dane has put together for the Packers.

1.25: OL Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon

2.41: DL Darius Robinson, Missouri 2.58: LB Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M

3.88: S Calen Bullock, USC 3.91: OT Caedan Wallace, Penn State

4.126: RB Ray Davis, Kentucky

5.169: CB Elijah Jones, Boston College

6.202: LB Ty'Ron Hopper, Missouri 6.219: DB Ryan Watts, Texas​

7.245: WR Tulu Griffin, Miss. State 7.255: OL Nick Gargiulo, South Carolina​

Imagine coming off their season and landing this group. Unlike us, when they post "Championship", they mean it. Killer having two 2's and two 3's though.

chicago JK

Reaction score
If that's our haul, I'll take it. It's fairly realistic unlike some of mocks having 3rd rounders being selected in the 6th and 7th.

However, I'm fairly envious of what Dane has put together for the Packers.

1.25: OL Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon

2.41: DL Darius Robinson, Missouri 2.58: LB Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M

3.88: S Calen Bullock, USC 3.91: OT Caedan Wallace, Penn State

4.126: RB Ray Davis, Kentucky

5.169: CB Elijah Jones, Boston College

6.202: LB Ty'Ron Hopper, Missouri 6.219: DB Ryan Watts, Texas​

7.245: WR Tulu Griffin, Miss. State 7.255: OL Nick Gargiulo, South Carolina​

Imagine coming off their season and landing this group. Unlike us, when they post "Championship", they mean it. Killer having two 2's and two 3's though.
Wow the Packers have a ton of picks. I thought Dallas was the only team that could draft...every other team used Free agency to acquire their players.

Mr_437

Reaction score
As for Guyton, playing LT on the next level is more of a projection, he is a very poor run blocker despite his size and has character concerns about his work ethic and coachability.
Switching to LT from RT, coupled with work ethic n coachability reports? If true, sounds like a 1st round project, and Dallas needs legit plug in play 1st round pick.

Carson

Reaction score
Switching to LT from RT, coupled with work ethic n coachability reports? If true, sounds like a 1st round project, and Dallas needs legit plug in play 1st round pick.
I think this is my hesitation and drawback from Guyton.

He may become an All Pro LT. But this is why I wished we brought back Tyron for a year, to let him learn.

I just can’t imagine going from playing 13 games at RT and then being the day one LT. I prefer Kingsley who has the experience at LT.

I ultimately think it will be Barton / JPJ and Tyler kicks outside.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You’ve seen several teams worry about Guytons mental makeup and work ethic? Again where in the world is this coming from? If you have legit credible sources I’ll happily change my tune but I think you referenced Walterfootball which would be a pass for me.

That aside, we didn’t know Tyler’s makeup as a prospect either. He was raw and a penalty machine with good traits and it worked out. Don’t see much difference outside of Guyton unanimously being considered a better prospect.
I have heard it throughout the offseason, time will time when he hits the league. He is rated higher then Tyler due to his pass pro and playing at a top school. Tyler was considering transferring to the SEC before he declared, probably would of been a much higher prospect if he came from a bigger program the next season.

Almost every scouting report you will read is that Guyton is a traits based, raw prospect. There are many mixed opinions based on his tape. His game is very inconsistent and doesn't show much dominance, like you see in the other tackle prospects.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I have heard it throughout the offseason, time will time when he hits the league. He is rated higher then Tyler due to his pass pro and playing at a top school. Tyler was considering transferring to the SEC before he declared, probably would of been a much higher prospect if he came from a bigger program the next season.

Almost every scouting report you will read is that Guyton is a traits based, raw prospect. There are many mixed opinions based on his tape. His game is very inconsistent and doesn't show much dominance, like you see in the other tackle prospects.
I’ve only seen it on Walterfootball which I don’t out stock in and haven’t heard it elsewhere once. And I don’t buy the school stuff..if you’re a stud you’re a stud. The top CB this year doesn’t play at a powerhouse.

And we could argue negatives on scouting reports if every player we’re talking about at 24 which is fine…but again just about every source out there has him as a top 30ish player in this class which is quite a bit higher than Tyler was. Hence better prospect.