Dane on the Center class

Sandyf

Reaction score
You might be able to get Jackson Powers-Johnson at 24 and Sweat at 56.
Just me but I would rather go Fautanu at 24, Sweat at 56, and Bortolini at 87. Just depends on how the draft falls and where the runs will be on different positions. You will always here that this guy or that guy won't be there at those draft positions and yet every year there are guys that fall even further than anyone believes. None of know how the teams rank those guys.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just me but I would rather go Fautanu at 24, Sweat at 56, and Bortolini at 87. Just depends on how the draft falls and where the runs will be on different positions. You will always here that this guy or that guy won't be there at those draft positions and yet every year there are guys that fall even further than anyone believes. None of know how the teams rank those guys.
I'd love to get Fautanu at 24.

1942willys

Reaction score
I’d argue Steele is the weak link but that’s beside the point. Sure, you always want to try and upgrade when possible but it’s easier said than done.

Just bc you draft a C in the 1st 3 rounds doesn’t mean it’s going to be an upgrade…especially in year 1.
actually I think if we get one of the top three it will be; especially Frazier who has 47 starts at center

cnuball21

Reaction score
actually I think if we get one of the top three it will be; especially Frazier who has 47 starts at center
We’ll see…1st round Cs have struggled rookie year in the past. Linderbaum was a better prospect than all of these guys and he was average in year 1.

Im fine drafting a C but if we’re all in with, which it appears we’re not, counting on 1/2 rookie OLmen would be tough.

1942willys

Reaction score
We’ll see…1st round Cs have struggled rookie year in the past. Linderbaum was a better prospect than all of these guys and he was average in year 1.

Im fine drafting a C but if we’re all in with, which it appears we’re not, counting on 1/2 rookie OLmen would be tough.
I can remember some who did not; now Fredbeard was the exception but he certainly did not struggle

Creeper

Reaction score
I think there are 1 or 2 Centers ready to start in the NFL and maybe a couple of surprises. But I think most of them need a year or two to develop.

The thing is, this class is deep at several positions. It could be that a bunch of teams figure on getting those positions in the middle rounds which could cause some top players to drop in the first round. We may see a surprise pick by Dallas because someone unexpectedly dropped to them.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't think it's a coincidence that the Biadasz contract runs out in a year with a super strong C class.

This front office is a half a decade ahead of us.

Proof

Reaction score

the draft is funny. a month ago it's jpj or bust. then it's barton could be a great consolation prize or trade down candidate, but after that it drops pretty steeply. then after the senior bowl it's "limmer would be an amazing day 3 pick if you miss out on the first two guys" Then Frazier starts sneaking into the first round, now centers for all!

Gambit

Reaction score
Sweat won't be there at 56.
Take him at 24
center at 56
DeWayne Carter in 3rd.

And you've made your team better

Gambit

Reaction score
Why take Sweat at 24 when you can get him at 40.
1. We don't have the 40th pick currently
2. No guarantee we will have the 40th pick
3. I am not convinced we can get him at 40, in fact, he may not be there at 24
4. You take your guy, you don't worry about what pick it is

1942willys

Reaction score
Agree! Fortunately for us we had a guy that was league average and even won a pro bowl.
BS. He made the PB last year because everyone else dropped out
stank it up this year
he is weak and has to go
an average center is not good enough if you want to go for a championship; but if relevant is all you want.....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Miami C Matt Lee #55 is better than Van Pran or Bartolini, and Lee can be had either late 4th or 5th.

Matt Lee, C/G, Miami
Height: 6-3. Weight: 301.
40 Time: 5.03.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.

3/9/24: Lee spent four seasons at Central Florida before transferring to Miami. He has quality size and is a well-rounded blocker. He was very good in pass protection and a solid run blocker for the Knights. That trend continued in 2023 for Miami.