Danica Patrick takes historic pole position for Daytona 500

jimmy40

Reaction score
Risen Star;5004491 said:
That's probably true. I don't find her attractive at all but a lot of people do.

There's a talented lady in Nationwide who isn't considered all that attractive and she's basically been ignored. IMO, she out drove Danica last year when you consider the budget of their respective race teams.
Danica's average finish was 19th with a top car, Johanna Long's average finish was 23rd with a nothing car.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I hope she pulls off one of the major wins this season.

She is marketed as a woman...so what ?

If there was a female playing in any of the major sports right now it would be the same thing.

You would think that after Shirley Muldowney (sp?) was successful in the racing game, the attitudes would have changed.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
If today's Duel was any indication, Danica wont be up front much, if at all, in the 500.

We will see.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5005891 said:
If today's Duel was any indication, Danica wont be up front much, if at all, in the 500.

We will see.

I don't know how she will do but her and Godon locked up the 1st and 2nd spots the dule was to fill out the rest of the field from 3rd on.

Patrick fell to the back to keep out of any wreaks, smart call by her team.

They had nothing to gain in the dule but a lot to lose had they been caught up in an accident and forced to go to a backup car which would put her at the tail end

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5004212 said:
But she has no control over that. Being a woman in what has been a mans domain will bring a lot of attention. Going from open wheel to NASCAR is a pretty big challenge. It has been rough for other open wheel drivers who have tried to make the switch.

Tom Cruise did it. :laugh2:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5006106 said:
I don't know how she will do but her and Godon locked up the 1st and 2nd spots the dule was to fill out the rest of the field from 3rd on.

Patrick fell to the back to keep out of any wreaks, smart call by her team.

They had nothing to gain in the dule but a lot to lose had they been caught up in an accident and forced to go to a backup car which would put her at the tail end

True, but Gordon stayed out front for a while and that is a good place to avoid trouble.

Danica even talked about her car not doing well on the bottom.

I woudnt be shocked to see her lead some laps.. However, I wouldnt be surprised at all if she didnt even lead the first lap. Jeffy Boy sitting next to her on the front row - my $$$ would be on the girly boy in the #24 crossing the line at the end of lap 1 before she does.

We will see in a lil over 48 hours.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5006228 said:
True, but Gordon stayed out front for a while and that is a good place to avoid trouble.

Danica even talked about her car not doing well on the bottom.

I woudnt be shocked to see her lead some laps.. However, I wouldnt be surprised at all if she didnt even lead the first lap. Jeffy Boy sitting next to her on the front row - my $$$ would be on the girly boy in the #24 crossing the line at the end of lap 1 before she does.

Very well could be. Gordon is a hell of a driver would not surprise me either. For Patrick if she could finish in the top 10 to 15 that would be a big boost for her and her team.

I hope the lady does well, I like having her in NASCAR and hope one day she can prove her critics wrong. While some fans may think this is a joke she doesn't. Those around her and know her talk often about how dedicated she is to being a top driver.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5006228 said:
However, I wouldnt be surprised at all if she didnt even lead the first lap. Jeffy Boy sitting next to her on the front row - my $$$ would be on the girly boy in the #24 crossing the line at the end of lap 1 before she does.

Oh well, Danica, you prob lost your best chance at leading a lap . . . . . . . . . .

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5007806 said:
Oh well, Danica, you prob lost your best chance at leading a lap . . . . . . . . . .

90 laps and she finally did it . . . . . . . . .

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
dexternjack;5007875 said:
Pretty boring race so far......

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Up till about 10 years ago the plate tracks were some of the most exciting to watch. NASCAR has screwed it up royally since then somehow.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rarely watch NASCAR (or any car race), but I am watching today to see how she is doing. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who are watching this race and that has to be a boost for NASCAR and Fox.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I turned it off after Kyle Busch ran over Kahne on a restart. I'm not watching that crap. The real season kicks off next week. Real racing. Best cars and talent go to the front.

We owe the 18 one. Hopefully in turn 1 at Pocono.

jimmy40

Reaction score
200 laps, 198 commercials. Hard to believe Nascar has made the 500 even worse than the tandem crap but they managed it with the new car.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
10 ten for Patrick, I guess that crap of she will not finsh in the top 25 was non sense. :laugh2:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Pretty lousy race overall.

Plate racing used to be good with all the lead changes lap after lap. Now its just a long train ridin around in circles.

Danica had an opportunity to get down in front of the 48 and could have been pushed to the front instead of just ridn behind the 2 and 16. Maybe she was scared to make a move.

Thankfully we have NHRA - they havent screwed their own sport up.