Danica Patrick takes historic pole position for Daytona 500

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5007972 said:
It is one race? it the biggest in NASCAR says the men who have ran it in the past and the one who ran it today. It is like saying Indy is just another race it isn't to the people who run it.

Its just one race in the standings. And more importantly, its one race as I replied to your asenine comment about her finishing higher in this race than some big name drivers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5007975 said:
She was a non factor.

Whats with you Danica lovers?

It is called respecting what she is doing, unlike some who run her down acting as if it is no big deal. All this crap leading up to the race that she would not even be a top 25 well she proved thos idiots wrong but now all of of sudden it is no big race it is not real racing. :lmao2:

It is the Daytona 500. :lmao2:

jimmy40

Reaction score
danica should go ahead and have a restraining order put on Darrell Waltrip

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Risen Star;5007968 said:
Actually it does. She couldn't do that in a real race.

You won't see her up front next week with the plates off and actual driving taking place.

My point was about the race overall. It didnt matter that she was in it. It woudnt have mattered who was driving it would have been a boring race to watch. They could have picked 43 posters from here and put them in those cars and it would have been just as boring.

I dont see Danica running up front much this year. Anybody at that level with a good car could ride around all day at Daytona in a plate race and never try to make a move and do ok near the front.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5007976 said:
Its just one race in the standings. And more importantly, its one race as I replied to your asenine comment about her finishing higher in this race than some big name drivers.

It is the fricken Daytona 500 it is not just some race. People in NASCAR damn well know it and know how big of a race it is.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5007978 said:
It is called respecting what she is doing, unlike some who run her down acting as if it is no big deal. All this crap leading up to the race that she would not even be a top 25 well she proved thos idiots wrong but now all of of sudden it is no big race it is not real racing. :lmao2:

I said she would wreck and I was wrong but the talk in the thread was she wouldn't finish in the top 20 for the season as I read it.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5007978 said:

Of course the Daytona 500 is a big race. So what. She was a non factor. At what point in the race was she ever a legitimate threat to take the lead and win the race?

Did she win?

At any point did she even look like she had a shot?

Did she make any moves to pout herself in a position to win?

No, No and No!

She led a lap - woo hoo! So did Scott Speed . . . . . . . . .

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;5007984 said:
Of course the Daytona 500 is a big race. So what. She was a non factor. At what point in the race was she ever a legitimate threat to take the lead and win the race?

Did she win?

At any point did she even look like she had a shot?

Did she make any moves to pout herself in a position to win?

No, No and No!

She led a lap - woo hoo! So did Scott Speed . . . . . . . . .

I thought she ran a smart race and had herself in a position to win the race at the end.

No, she didn't win but neither did 41 other drivers.

She has good driving skills and she has earned the respect of her peers.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5007981 said:
It is the fricken Daytona 500 it is not just some race. People in NASCAR damn well know it and know how big of a race it is.

:thread:

You made a big deal about her finishing higher than some big name drivers. So what - as I mentioned previously its just one race. There is always a race where some lesser name finisihes higher than some bigger names. There are many factors that come into play like wrecks, engine, trans, etc. It can happen in any race. So just because its the Daytona 500 doesnt change that reality.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I respect Danica. There are some who think she has no ability and that Nascar is merely forcing a woman in. I don't agree. I think she has more talent than any of the women in the past who have tried. I just don't like the way they fast tracked her to the Cup series. She was a mediocre field filler in Nationwide last year with top equipment. Minus a plate race or two, she will be an also ran every week in Cup.

She should be developing in ARCA and Nationwide for a few years before even thinking about racing in Cup.

She's definitely being pushed due to her gender. Top ride, top sponsorship, media coverage, but there is talent there. It's just not being developed properly, IMO.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danica is good for Nascar, it brings the casual fans in like Tiger did for golf.

I thought she did ok but those last six laps, she looked too cautious to me. She never made the move to try and swing out front.

I wonder how she would have fared if she started in the middle or closer to the end of the pack.

Glad JJ won at least.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;5007985 said:
I thought she ran a smart race and had herself in a position to win the race at the end.

No, she didn't win but neither did 41 other drivers.

She has good driving skills and she has earned the respect of her peers.

A lot of being in position to win one of these abortion plate races is luck. Don't get in a wreck. Have the best car. When Jr. hangs you in the middle with 7 laps to go and you're about to lose a ton of spots, have the caution come out so you can regain your position.

She ran a smart race but the warts will show immediately next week. It's a whole different deal when you take the plates off and driving ability actually comes into play and not random dumb luck of being in the right position at the right time.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Well she drove smarter than Gordon, I don't know what the hell he kept going to the middle for, ran himself out of the race twice.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dexternjack;5007990 said:
Danica is good for Nascar, it brings the casual fans in like Tiger did for golf.

I thought she did ok but those last six laps, she looked too cautious to me. She never made the move to try and swing out front.

I wonder how she would have fared if she started in the middle or closer to the end of the pack.

Glad JJ won at least.

Because she can ride in the pack but she can't drive the car to the tune of dicing for the lead. If Nascar would just ride around in a pack every week with passing restricted, she'd be okay as long as her car is one of the fastest. Next week she will actually have to drive her race car. Watch and see the difference for yourself.

jimmy40

Reaction score
dexternjack;5007990 said:

Glad JJ won at least.
JJ winning is horrible for Nascar

jimmy40

Reaction score
Risen Star;5007993 said:
Because she can ride in the pack but she can't drive the car to the tune of dicing for the lead. If Nascar would just ride around in a pack every week with passing restricted, she'd be okay as long as her car is one of the fastest. Next week she will actually have to drive her race car. Watch and see the difference for yourself.
she's the female Michael Waltrip?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
jimmy40;5007996 said:
JJ winning is horrible for Nascar

Nobody but Gordon or Jimmie fans even care.

The fans were cheated of the potential for some good racing when Stewart and Harvick were taken out.

Kenseth another good car out.

And even tho I was happy the idiot in the 18 went out he could have made it more exciting.