Danieal Manning? **Signing with Bengals**

Doomsday101

Reaction score

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
I've heard worse ideas, why not

I'm pretty frustrated with the constant stream of Pool/Allen types. They haven't come close to working out, so maybe we stay away. But if we're looking to go that route again, Manning would probably be the best of that type of guy we've brought in in the last few years.

dbonham

Reaction score
It's not like he's ancient so I'm down, doubt we're the best offer he gets though

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
He might not be necessarily cheap. The Texans released him because he refused a pay cut.

Good point. Guess we'll see. He had a career high in passes defensed (8) in 2012, which was his last full season. Played in only 6 games last year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He might not be necessarily cheap. The Texans released him because he refused a pay cut.

That and I imagine because they'd already signed his replacement in Chris Clemons.

As for whether to take a look in his direction. I've heard worse ideas. It's just a matter of health, since he's coming off a broken leg or something.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That and I imagine because they'd already signed his replacement in Chris Clemons.

As for whether to take a look in his direction. I've heard worse ideas. It's just a matter of health, since he's coming off a broken leg or something.

He's healthy from what I understand. All they did with Clemons is bring in someone Brian Gaine remembers from Miami and pay him what they wanted Manning to go down to.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 54s
Business is business. But Danieal Manning grew up a #Cowboys fan, is from near Dallas. Has always fantasized about playing for his team.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's healthy from what I understand. All they did with Clemons is bring in someone Brian Gaine remembers from Miami and pay him what they wanted Manning to go down to.

Again, it's worth a look. It'd be nice to have another veteran voice in the backfield should Church go out for any significant time.