Danieal Manning? **Signing with Bengals**

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I don't believe broaddus ever. But I do think we won't go after him

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think we will see any signings until after the draft. Unless they are at a bargain price. But if he wants to be a cowboy, maybe he will give a discount. Doubt it though.

JBS

Reaction score
how did he perform last year in houston?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I'm pretty frustrated with the constant stream of Pool/Allen types. They haven't come close to working out, so maybe we stay away. But if we're looking to go that route again, Manning would probably be the best of that type of guy we've brought in in the last few years.

Manning could actually play at one point in his career. Those two guys, not so much.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When i've been seeing safeties out there i've been wondering and looking for that "Danieal Manning-type" for the past few years I could see the Cowboys finding. Not a great cover guy but has solid athleticism and speed for his size and the safety position. He's finally available. I refuse to believe the Cowboys wouldn't be interested in him for the right price but I guess what that price is matters.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
When i've been seeing safeties out there i've been wondering and looking for that "Danieal Manning-type" for the past few years I could see the Cowboys finding. Not a great cover guy but has solid athleticism and speed for his size and the safety position. He's finally available. I refuse to believe the Cowboys wouldn't be interested in him for the right price but I guess what that price is matters.

I can. They spent a 4th on Johnson, a 3rd on Wilcox and have in there minds two UDFA's that have potential in Heath and Hamilton. I think stubborness over smarts win out and they don't even inquire about Manning.

DTown214

Reaction score
YES.

This guy can play. And he was injured last season so we might be able to get him at a discount. This would give us some comfort going into the draft so we can focus on D-line this year, and then we can draft a young safety in next year's draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can. They spent a 4th on Johnson, a 3rd on Wilcox and have in there minds two UDFA's that have potential in Heath and Hamilton. I think stubborness over smarts win out and they don't even inquire about Manning.

So you look at a more expensive option in Chris Clemons and Thomas Decoud but you don't see if the asking price for Manniel is appealing? I highly doubt it. Especially since he should be cheeper than both of those options and he's on their level if not better.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
So you look at a more expensive option in Chris Clemons and Thomas Decoud but you don't see if the asking price for Manniel is appealing? I highly doubt it. Especially since he should be cheeper than both of those options and he's on their level if not better.

Has it come out that the Cowboys were looking at those guys or just media speculation as with all the Ayers talk?

jday

Reaction score
Not sure if this is such a good idea. He could be a progress stopper for Matt Johnson.

I laughed out loud at this and then realized you might be serious. Did you forget the "lol?"