Danieal Manning? **Signing with Bengals**

KDM256

Reaction score
Don't see Manning giving the Cowboys a hometown discount as of now. Maybe if other teams don't bite in free agency but I don't see teams chomping at the bits to sign an safety coming off injury with the NFL draft weeks away

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Dallas should just stick with Matt Johnson, THIS will be his yea...oh wait, Matt Johnson just took a deep breath and strained his hamstring, n/m, let's give Manning a look

This is what Matt Johnson progress looks like...

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
He's from Corsicana and went to Abilene Christian.
32 yo, 5' 11", 212 #
Rt tibial frx on 10-13-13; should be recovered.
Took over Devin Hester's kick return duties in '08 with the Bears.
Was fined $15,000 for punching Packers' OT Marshall Newhouse in 2012.

Not a great value at that age with his skills when asking more than 2 mil (he wanted 4 mil at Houston).

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Why ? We might not get to see Peanut Brittle Matt Johnson shatter his legs in the first contact drill and then we miss the opportunity to talk about his potential

NJ22

Reaction score
He might not be necessarily cheap. The Texans released him because he refused a pay cut.

I agree. At the right price we can use him. I am getting frustrated with people talking about rolling with these young safeties. 2 undrafted guys and a 3rd round pick that was a running back 3 years ago. Add talent. if the young guys win the job then good for them.

dbonham

Reaction score
I feel like a player is more likely to accept a lower salary from a new team after he's been cut. When you're under contract it's an insult to take a pay cut. Fake as those contracts are it's the commitment the team made to the player that they want to go back on. Once you get cut, getting lowballed by another team is just business.

I really wanted Jonathan Joseph and Manning the year we got Carr- Joseph has fallen off a cliff but I haven't heard of anything about Manning's play declining apart from his injury. Wouldn't if be funny if this was the year Matt Johnson was going to break out and ends up stuck behind a 32 year old

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m
#Texans save $4.5M against cap by cutting Danieal Manning. Meanwhile, #Cowboys sniffed around at safety. Manning played for Marinelli. Hmm.

Danieal Manning just released. He's a Texas boy, played previously for Rod, would be a great mentor for Wilcox, cheap. What do you guys think?
Thanks for posting. It's nice that if anything happens that it usually gets posted here.

He was a starter in Chicago. He and Marinelli's time there overlapped in 2010 amd 2011.

tm1119

Reaction score
If we are signing former Marinelli safeties I'd rather go after Major Wright.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
sometimes I wonder if Broaddus really works in VR.

He works there, but it isn't like he is the mouthpiece for the FO. He knows about as much as anyone outside of the organization knows, maybe less, as he probably doesn't have a lot of contacts.