KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
bryce young stinks

idk what panthers was thinking with that trade up and pick

bryce young does not have 1 singel plus physical atribute for a nfl qb

body/size no, arm talent no, legs no, foot work no

he look like a little kid

they say he have a super processor and super high iq idk about that one!
You’re going a little overboard saying he stinks. Obviously, his draft status was based on how he performed in college. He played for one of the most, if not the most talented team in college football and set the single-season passing yardage record for the school. You have to be careful drafting QBs who come from very talented college programs. Young had a lot of great players around him which can make a QB look special on the college field. It makes it hard to determine how they will perform in the NFL especially on a bad NFL team. He certainly hasn’t elevated the Panthers. They look far worse than they did last season. On the other hand CJ Stroud has elevated the Texans. He looks like a bonafide NFL QB but he didn’t have the college career Bryce Young had which is why many had him rated behind Young.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Young is built like an average size WR or corner. Physically, he doesn’t fit the eye test for what you’re looking for at QB. The Panthers have to really be kicking themselves they passed on CJ Stroud. I heard the Texans tried moving up for Bryce Young but couldn’t do it. Lucky for them! Regardless how it’s gone for Young and the Panthers we can’t sleep on them. We can’t allow Young to look like the number one overall pick on Sunday. It’s an absolute must we win our next two games because we have a brutal 5 game stretch after Washington.
Someone said it during the combine, but Stroud just looked like an ace pitcher during his workouts. He had the size, he had the mechanics and fluidity-- there was an aura to him that Young just didn't have (imo).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The sad thing for the Panthers is they may end up with the number one overall pick and a chance at an even better QB. Can’t imagine they would take Williams after just using the number one overall pick on Young but they have to be really regretting their decision to trade up to number one overall last year. One part of the trade that really hurt them was having to give up DJ Moore, their best receiver, who could’ve really helped Bryce Young this season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Someone said it during the combine, but Stroud just looked like an ace pitcher during his workouts. He had the size, he had the mechanics and fluidity-- there was an aura to him that Young just didn't have (imo).
Everyone kept saying how Young’s college tape jumped out above everyone else but he didn’t check all the boxes. I thought even Anthony Richardson was looking better until he was injured. I would never take a QB number one overall if they don’t have the size. Young is not only not very tall, but he looks frail.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Young will improve, but it won't be in 5 days against the Cowboys.

The game is moving too fast for him right now. He is a smart guy who eventually developed full command of the offense at Bama. I don't see any reason why he can't speed it up and become a good QB in the pros. His size was the big knock on him, but that hasn't been what's holding him back so far.

WRT Stroud, the knock on him as a prospect was that he didn't deal with pressure well. In a clean pocket, he looked like a stud, but he folded when the defense got pressure. I called him the kid who gets A's on the homework but bombs the exams. On paper, that's a similar profile to Jared Goff or even Dak.

But Stroud's faced plenty of oncoming fire on a bad Texans offense this year, and it hasn't fazed him. He has legitimately raised his game from his Ohio State days, and he had a rock-solid foundation to begin with. I don't think even his biggest fans saw him balling out this hard.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Everyone kept saying how Young’s college tape jumped out above everyone else but he didn’t check all the boxes. I thought even Anthony Richardson was looking better until he was injured. I would never take a QB number one overall if they don’t have the size. Young is not only not very tall, but he looks frail.
Still cracks me up how everyone sized up Young to be the man, and Stroud to be the project, and complete opposite with the results.

You just never know with these QBs until they get out with their team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Young will improve, but it won't be in 5 days against the Cowboys.

The game is moving too fast for him right now. He is a smart guy who eventually developed full command of the offense at Bama. I don't see any reason why he can't speed it up and become a good QB in the pros. His size was the big knock on him, but that hasn't been what's holding him back so far.
This is really all that need be said. The kid can't process things at NFL speed yet. Some guys take 5-6 games to get there while others take 5-6 years. No two players are the same because no two human beings are the same. I would stop WAAAAY short of shoveling dirt on Bryce Young just because he has not set the world on fire as a rookie. Most rookies don't at that position.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Right. He's the same height as Murray (I think), but Murray at least has some heft to him

Motorola

Reaction score
Outside of Tua, has ANY Bama QB really shined in the pros since Namath? Maybe I am forgetting one...
Not many. You have the old heads Namath, Stabler and Starr.

Younger guys are Tua and Hurts
Got another former Crimson Tide starter in the league...although it appears he may soon be on the bench (Mac Jones).

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Right. He's the same height as Murray (I think), but Murray at least has some heft to him
Murray is a truly special athlete. I have never seen a guy his size have his level of arm strength. And he runs 4.3, cuts on a dime, and bats .296. How many guys can get drafted top 10 in two sports?

He's a huge outlier size wise, but he's also a huge outlier athleticism wise. It sucks to see him waste that potential playing Call of Duty.

Young is Murray's size, but doesn't have half the wheels. That's concerning given that Murray gets hurt a ton and needs to pull wild scrambles to escape pocket he can't see from.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Plus Murray is a 4.3 guy with tremendous quickness. Young isn’t nearly as fast or as elusive as Murray.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not saying Young is bad or a bust but I thought he would be similar to Kyler Murray. Kyler has a good arm and has extraordinary quickness. They say Young has the arm and the quickness, I guess we will see.

vlad

Reaction score
Matt Flynn, Sam Darnold and I'm sure some others I can't recall are probably putting a bunch of money on this game.

Big_D

Reaction score
That offense is terrible. The QB needs real weapons. Young has the smarts to be very good, but the severe lack of offensive talent and a poor Oline are a bigger problem than the QBs learning curve at the moment.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Young is built like an average size WR or corner. Physically, he doesn’t fit the eye test for what you’re looking for at QB. The Panthers have to really be kicking themselves they passed on CJ Stroud. I heard the Texans tried moving up for Bryce Young but couldn’t do it. Lucky for them! Regardless how it’s gone for Young and the Panthers we can’t sleep on them. We can’t allow Young to look like the number one overall pick on Sunday. It’s an absolute must we win our next two games because we have a brutal 5 game stretch after Washington.
I was all in on Stroud as the #1 pick ahead of Young. I would have picked Levis over Young, also. People want to hit on the next Russell Wilson, but short QB success is rare. Also, Young is not just too short; he is too slight. He doesn’t have an NFL frame. Wilson is short, but built like a tank. Young doesn’t even have the speed of Kyler Murray.

It was a bad pick at the time, and I fully expect it to prove out to be a bad pick over time, too.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Texans got the best QB in the draft!!! Lucky son of a guns.
And they admit it. Recently they said the best thing that happened last year was winning that last game that lost them the #1 pick. They would have taken Young as well. He was ranked #1, and Stroud also had the OhioSt baggage around his neck.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was all in on Stroud as the #1 pick ahead of Young. I would have picked Levis over Young, also. People want to hit on the next Russell Wilson, but short QB success is rare. Also, Young is not just too short; he is too slight. He doesn’t have an NFL frame. Wilson is short, but built like a tank. Young doesn’t even have the speed of Kyler Murray.

It was a bad pick at the time, and I fully expect it to prove out to be a bad pick over time, too.
That’s the big issue with Young, he doesn’t have the frame to carry a lot of weight. I heard he bulked up to around 200 pounds for the combine but said he would try to play around 190 pounds. He doesn’t even look that heavy. I mentioned he didn’t have the speed of Kyler Murray. The Panthers put themselves in a bad position of having to decide between three top QBs. Although Young was considered the best by most, there were a lot of people who liked Stroud better, and even some who were higher on Richardson. It’s not like they traded the farm to move up for Peyton Manning. If you’re going to trade the farm and move up for a QB, they have to be a generational player, at least they would have to be for me to make that type of move.