Daniel Jones’ reps are seeking more than $45 million per year as Giants work daily on new deal

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Hurts going to demand 55 if Jones gets 45…. we all should be cheering for this…

fivetwos

Reaction score
They did decline it.
He also didn’t have a good season until this year…when this coach arrived.

Can you actually imagine going from 5th year option declined to what this has now become after a 15 TD season?

I’d let him test the market if I’m them, but I can’t wait for them to be forced into the same spot that we were with 4.

Daks deal looks better and better as we move along.

Flamma

Reaction score

Can you actually imagine going from 5th year option declined to what this has now become after a 15 TD season?

I’d let him test the market if I’m them, but I can’t wait for them to be forced into the same spot that we were with 4.

I genuinely think Jones is screwed if the Giants tell him to walk. I don't think he gets anything better than a prove it year from any other team. Like Baker Mayfield.

I'm conflicted. On one hand I want the Giants to pay him 50M a year. On the other, I'd like for once ownership to take a stand and not pay him. Maybe other owners would follow suit. But it doesn't work if some other team pays him 45 or 50M. I just don't see it happening.

Flamma

Reaction score

Here's the problem I have with Dak's contract. He has to be a 10% or lower cap hit for us to have any chance at all. The Cowboys basically have to mimic a rookie deal, or close to it every year he is with us. By doing that we're pushing a ton of money forward. At what point will we have to eat that cap hit? I think we have a window of a few years.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Here's the problem I have with Dak's contract. He has to be a 10% or lower cap hit for us to have any chance at all. The Cowboys basically have to mimic a rookie deal, or close to it every year he is with us. By doing that we're pushing a ton of money forward. At what point will we have to eat that cap hit? I think we have a window of a few years.
I can’t claim to know exactly how dead money works, but I would have to think there has already been so much already pushed ahead, plus what’s about to happen, that getting a QB on a rookie deal down the road would only serve to offset the same.

Same as when Romo and Dez were gone with Daks rookie deal.

These windows are small, and these two are trying to fight that tide so they don’t have a down period. It may add up (dumb luck), but doubtful.