Daniel Jones’ reps are seeking more than $45 million per year as Giants work daily on new deal

Rayman70

Reaction score
Giants wont go there. They would tag him before they sign him long term. I've heard Jalen Hurts wants in the neighborhood of 65 mil per. Daks deal is a steal in that case.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This is what makes what Jerry does with Dak's deal interesting because many say $40M AAV is too much for Dak but that he was the "next man up", much like other QB's that get overpaid based solely on the position.
Dak and his agent will say they will restructure but only if new money is added wherein for an additional 2 years of service Dak is paid $45M-$50M each of those 2 seasons so he can maintain his pay in the Top 10 of the league.

Sorry but the open door bank vault policy for NFL QB's needs to be closed as things have gotten out of control when QB's that are marginal Top 10 are getting $40M AAV +.

rags747

Reaction score
Giants first offer was $35m, Giants GM has already stated he’s knows that ain’t happening. Jones will get at least $42/43m imo. They give him some weapons and he will be quite fine as a qb.

ghst187

Reaction score
Sorry but this kind of thing broke the rookie contracts back with Sam Bradford and it’s time to break this scheme up too. They need to drop a cap on a single player ie something like no one player can occupy more than a certain % of the entire teams total money spent or something.

jsb357

Reaction score
Quincy Prescott

heston.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
This really does scream dumb contract. Holy $%#$.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This really does scream dumb contract. Holy $%#$.
I hope they give it to him. Just like I was ecstatic when the Eagles gave Wentz all that money. I love it when the teams in the division hitch their wagon to guys who can't beat the Cowboys. Hurts did finally break through this year but that was against Rush... It will be interesting to see how the two teams match up when the QB battle is a little closer. And frankly I fully expect Dak to jump back ahead of Hurts this year unless we get a repeat of all the INT flukes we saw this year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder why his reps leaked this or was it the Giants? The Cowboys did this and lied about what Prescott was wanting but that did have effect.

If they don't keep Jones, what do they do at QB?

He ranked 5th in rushing QB's and that's worth something. Was for Murray, Allen as it will be for Jackson and Fields.

dckid

Reaction score

LOL. This is idiotic. The Giants should ask themselves some very simple questions. Did they win because of Jones or did they win because of the system?
Who could they get that could give me them what Jones gives them?
As much as I want the Giants to screw up their cap and overpay Jones it won't happen.
They could get Jimmy G, Winston, Cooper Rush also..

You can never overpay a franchise QB, but you can always overpay an average QB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The system is broke.

If Jones gets anywhere near 45 mil/season, then the system is FUBAR.
They broke it when they paid Cousins 3 X 28, all guaranteed. That established a new floor with a non-marquis QB and it quickly escalated after that.

Then you get that crazy contract the Browns gave Watson.

The agents' strategy is working to perfection. First the QB's and then the edge rushers and WR's follow but the QB's are gaining the most % of the cap.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I hope they give it to him. Just like I was ecstatic when the Eagles gave Wentz all that money. I love it when the teams in the division hitch their wagon to guys who can't beat the Cowboys. Hurts did finally break through this year but that was against Rush... It will be interesting to see how the two teams match up when the QB battle is a little closer. And frankly I fully expect Dak to jump back ahead of Hurts this year unless we get a repeat of all the INT flukes we saw this year.
Well Dak did promise he won't throw INT...