Daniel Jones’ reps are seeking more than $45 million per year as Giants work daily on new deal

DFWJC

Reaction score
That dude has played his whole career with one hand tied behind his back
nobody has had worse WRs
and for the ost part,his line has sucked too

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'll say it again

if the Giants give Jones 45 million per year then Joe Burrow has every right to ask for 70 million per year for 6 years
first off drop the drama burrows would ask for 50+ , more is more. no qb for a decade from now will make 70, may happen someday but burrows , um how about Mahomes asking f for restructure took team friendly 10 year when he could have took a 4yr and now been the 60-million-dollar man right now as his actual production and awards say that. burrows has not won an mvp or SB..so lets stop making him a 70mil qb.. cooper rush beat burrows LOL 70 umm ok :popcorn: :muttley:

reality, giants already said no for now most like he gets FT for around 38-40..but yes DJ deserves deal but closer to what Tannehill makes 35-38mil BUT market is market cut him or pay his that 40+ its the going rate

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well Dak did promise he won't throw INT...
I don't think it's possible not to throw ANY INTs. But I think with an offseason to analyze what happened it should be pretty easy to not throw one every game. I do think having something better than a journeyman like Brown or a gimped up Gallup as his non-CD options will certainly help. When your receivers are among the worst in the league at getting separation it stands to reason that the QB will have to make more high risk throws which will lead to more INTs. So if guys just get more open I would expect that INT rate to return to Dak's normal level going forward. I also think a new play caller is going to help tremendously in that department because we should be less predictable and as such have far fewer plays where the DB knows the route as well as the receiver does and is standing in the spot where the ball is going before the receiver even gets into his break.

coult44

Reaction score
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Dude has sucked donkey balls since he entered the league and had one good season and now he wants Mahommes money!!!

Dak at $40 a year is a bargin:thumbup:
You do understand how the market works right?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Dude has sucked donkey balls since he entered the league and had one good season and now he wants Mahommes money!!!

Dak at $40 a year is a bargin:thumbup:
and yet I read in here how dak needs some weapons. What kind of weapons has Jones had since he arrived in NY? Possibly the weakest supporting cast in the NFC. He is going to get his money.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think it's possible not to throw ANY INTs. But I think with an offseason to analyze what happened it should be pretty easy to not throw one every game. I do think having something better than a journeyman like Brown or a gimped up Gallup as his non-CD options will certainly help. When your receivers are among the worst in the league at getting separation it stands to reason that the QB will have to make more high risk throws which will lead to more INTs. So if guys just get more open I would expect that INT rate to return to Dak's normal level going forward. I also think a new play caller is going to help tremendously in that department because we should be less predictable and as such have far fewer plays where the DB knows the route as well as the receiver does and is standing in the spot where the ball is going before the receiver even gets into his break.
Dak happy fan alert
:laugh:

Flamma

Reaction score
If they don't keep Jones, what do they do at QB?
The same thing they would do if he asked for 100 million. Teams like the Giants and Ravens aren't winning anything with their QBs at vet minimum, let alone top market value for a QB.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Exact same thing going on in Baltimore with Lamar due to Watsons fully guaranteed deal imo
I hear that because Watson’s contract has totally screwed team’s QB negotiations the Browns are getting pressured in trying to get a restructure but if I’m Watson Im saying …sorry…pay me.

For once the player got over on the team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if teams keep giving these stupidly inflated prices, this will bring all the good teams back down to the medium-level teams.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The same thing they would do if he asked for 100 million. Teams like the Giants and Ravens aren't winning anything with their QBs at vet minimum, let alone top market value for a QB.
Both of these QB's are fan favorites and the owners have to consider that.

Inside two years, half the QB's will be making 40+, so is Jones in the top 16 QB's? It's all about the market and availability of talent.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Did the Giants decline his 5th year option? If yes, is Jerry their player acquisitions consultant?

Flamma

Reaction score
Both of these QB's are fan favorites and the owners have to consider that.

Inside two years, half the QB's will be making 40+, so is Jones in the top 16 QB's? It's all about the market and availability of talent.
You're absolutely right. But let's not pretend it's about winning. I don't mean you, I mean in general. QBs on rookie deals will always have a big advantage unless your QB is a superstar.

Big_D

Reaction score
That Giant team was horrendous his first 3 years and he took a beating. He should get whatever he can get!