Daniel Wallach predicts Zeke will win

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I just finished listening to Daniel Wallach's interview on 105.3 the Fan. He is an expert gaming and sports lawyer who has argued cases at the Appellate level as well as the Supreme Court. He says the time frame of Zeke's case should be very similiar to that of Tom Brady's, but he predicted the outcome will be different - Zeke will win. He cautioned that his view is in the minority, however. Listening to Wallach was pretty encouraging. He was pretty hard on Goddell and the NY office.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I just finished listening to Daniel Wallach's interview on 105.3 the Fan. He is an expert gaming and sports lawyer who has argued cases at the Appellate level as well as the Supreme Court. He says the time frame of Zeke's case should be very similiar to that of Tom Brady's, but he predicted the outcome will be different - Zeke will win. He cautioned that his view is in the minority, however. Listening to Wallach was pretty encouraging. He was pretty hard on Goddell and the NY office.

His view is only in the minority because there are a bunch of idiots running around. You heard judge Mazzant, this case is not like Brady's as the spirit of fairness and due process were violated to a much greater degree.

As well the owners need to get together and appoint someone who is truly independent to hear player appeals.

ksg811

Reaction score
The only thing I'm afraid of is the Appellate Court remanding this case back to the NFL with an order to "fix the process", in which case Goodell will just hear all the evidence and just rule for the suspension anyway.

My thought process is that Kessler and co. have that thought process in mind during the hearing and base their case around not just the errors in the process, but fundamental unfairness and bias of it. The hope would be to have the case remanded either back to the 2nd circuit for a panel decision (a la Brady) or to a designated 3rd party arbitrator unaffiliated with the NFL.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hope so but I have my doubts. A lot of people (lawyers) said that about the Cowboys/Commanders in 2010 when they front loaded their contracts. Yeah you can say that I still bitter over being penalized for our owner being smarter than the other ones.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I think a lot of support for his rationale is highlighted in this article from Dan Wetzel...good read.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/even-r...l-botched-ezekiel-elliott-case-045402600.html

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope so but I have my doubts. A lot of people (lawyers) said that about the Cowboys/Commanders in 2010 when they front loaded their contracts. Yeah you can say that I still bitter over being penalized for our owner being smarter than the other ones.

Jerry chose not to fight the dispute in 2010, I doubt Jerry or Zeke are willing to lay down for this one.

Sage3030

Reaction score

They both had cases. Neither took it to court.

diefree666

Reaction score
I still think the media is foolish at best to pretend that TT may still have been abused.

several here have the mantra

"Yes she is a slut and a liar and half crazy but that does not mean she made this up"

which is so incredibly stupid.

This is the sort of thing you here from people EXPECTING to win the lottery

"Its 150 million to 1 odds but I believe I will win"

Kaiser

Reaction score

That's a great example, and it wasn't a case of Jones and Snyder finding a loophole. Half the teams in the NFL structured contracts that way but as soon as John Mara had a tiny bit of juice with NFL HQ, he dreamed up that penalty against his Division rivals. If you read this board back then, AdamJT showed examples from other teams doing the exact same thing but not being penalized.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I still think the media is foolish at best to pretend that TT may still have been abused.
While I agree with that notion, if any writer were to take that stance, they start becoming a pundit and not a journalist in my view...it's prudent to keep the realm of possibilities and potential conclusions open ended and not declare her/his guilt or innocence since you just never know if/when something new comes out. And frankly, Zeke's track record of stuff outside of the TT situation doesn't do him any favors.

But I do agree, to use the NFL's standard language, that "it's more probable than not" that TT was not abused based on the continual steam of evidence about her dubious motives...even this most recent revelation about her sleeping with a teammate to get back at him...that act, in and of itself, is abusive.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

"Yes she is a slut and a liar and half crazy but that does not mean she made this up"

I don't know if she made it up or not. Nor do you. What we can go by on a he said she said is credibility and I think there has been a lot of information brought out to put her credibility into major question. Hell even one person who actually interviewed her from the NFL did not feel Zeke should be suspended. The people handing down punishment did not even talk to her.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
His view is only in the minority because there are a bunch of idiots running around. You heard judge Mazzant, this case is not like Brady's as the spirit of fairness and due process were violated to a much greater degree.

As well the owners need to get together and appoint someone who is truly independent to hear player appeals.
As long as the person is getting paid by the NFL, I am not sure how they can be truly independent.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

The thing is that nobody on EE's side has mentioned her sexual history or implied that she is a 'slut.'

Yet the opponents of EE keep bringing up things like admitted drug use, feeling that TT should get an abortion and pulling down a girl's top at the St. Paddy's Day parade against him. None of which have anything to do with the case at hand.

All EE and his team has done is stick to the facts that pertain to the case. The fact that people consider this 'slut shaming' means they are delusional.

YR

robbieruff

Reaction score
If I am Zeke's legal team, I am absolutely crucifying Goddell's history of abuse of power and shady, manipulative practices in forcing evidence to fit his predetermined rulings...there's enough damning evidence from the Brady case from which you can now show a pattern of abuse and forced narratives to fit his desired outcomes - including him outright lying about actual testimony! This should get really interesting.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger...aves-nfl-on-slippery-slope-214409591-nfl.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell-owes-tom-brady-an-apology-183157757.html

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread the NFL lead investigator and the only person from the NFL to interview Thompson Kia Roberts recommended no punishment on Zeke and found Thompson lacking credibility. To think her recommendation counted for nothing is a complete joke

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If I am Zeke's legal team, I am absolutely crucifying Goddell's history of abuse of power and shady, manipulative practices in forcing evidence to fit his predetermined rulings...there's enough damning evidence from the Brady case from which you can now show a pattern of abuse and forced narratives to fit his desired outcomes - including him outright lying about actual testimony! This should get really interesting.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger...aves-nfl-on-slippery-slope-214409591-nfl.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell-owes-tom-brady-an-apology-183157757.html

damn right and would demand Kia Roberts to testify to her findings and why she recommended no punishment

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The only thing I'm afraid of is the Appellate Court remanding this case back to the NFL with an order to "fix the process", in which case Goodell will just hear all the evidence and just rule for the suspension anyway.

My thought process is that Kessler and co. have that thought process in mind during the hearing and base their case around not just the errors in the process, but fundamental unfairness and bias of it. The hope would be to have the case remanded either back to the 2nd circuit for a panel decision (a la Brady) or to a designated 3rd party arbitrator unaffiliated with the NFL.

Why do people keep foisting this scenario on the appeals court? The lower court can force the NFL to rehear the case too.