Daniel Wallach predicts Zeke will win

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry chose not to fight the dispute in 2010, I doubt Jerry or Zeke are willing to lay down for this one.

I guess I'm confused
How has jerry done anything except say that Zeke is innocent?
This is Zeke and the NFLPA fighting not jerry
Jerry is only going to stand up against the NFL for his money. Period
Good try to give him credit for nothing though

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I guess I'm confused
How has jerry done anything except say that Zeke is innocent?
This is Zeke and the NFLPA fighting not jerry
Jerry is only going to stand up against the NFL for his money. Period
Good try to give him credit for nothing though

we will see what Jerry does or does not do. Jerry was not going to do anything until the process of the league hearing and appeal.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The thing is that nobody on EE's side has mentioned her sexual history or implied that she is a 'slut.'

Yet the opponents of EE keep bringing up things like admitted drug use, feeling that TT should get an abortion and pulling down a girl's top at the St. Paddy's Day parade against him. None of which have anything to do with the case at hand.

All EE and his team has done is stick to the facts that pertain to the case. The fact that people consider this 'slut shaming' means they are delusional.

YR

The only people slut shaming Tiffany Thompson are Elliott's opponents. It's a strange and sad paradox.

visionary

Reaction score
we will see what Jerry does or does not do. Jerry was not going to do anything until the process of the league hearing and appeal.

Of course he isn't going to do anything
Everyone who knows how jerry operates knows that

I'm just pointing out that you are attempting to give Jerry 'credit ' for doing nothing

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Of course he isn't going to do anything
Everyone who knows how jerry operates knows that

I'm just pointing out that you are attempting to give Jerry 'credit ' for doing nothing

I'm not giving Jerry credit, I do think Jerry will get involved but before he was willing to do that he would let the procedure play out. Again we will see what Jerry will or will not do

visionary

Reaction score
I'm not giving Jerry credit, I do think Jerry will get involved but before he was willing to do that he would let the procedure play out. Again we will see what Jerry will or will not do

Hopefully it gets thrown out long before then

Kevinicus

Reaction score
several here have the mantra

"Yes she is a slut and a liar and half crazy but that does not mean she made this up"

which is so incredibly stupid.

It's not stupid, it's an accurate statement. However, stupid would be using that as rational for there being some justification for the suspension.

Her being a liar, crazy, etc. simply means that she lied about what we know she lied about, and that nobody should believe a single word that comes out of her mouth without a lot of supporting evidence that corroborates what she is saying.

In this case, we don't know that she made everything up (we do know she did some things). However, because of what she did, we have no reason to believe her about the things we can't prove she lied about, and there is no evidence to support her claims. Therefore, there is no credible reason, at this moment, to believe that Zeke did anything she says.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wish I could believe Zeke will win this one, but I doubt it.
Anyway, let the fight continue.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hopefully it gets thrown out long before then

I hope so as well. Kraft said if he had to do it over again on the Brady situation he would have got involved

"I have come to the conclusion that this was never about doing what was fair and just,” Kraft said Wednesday. “Back in May, I had to make a difficult decision that I now regret. I tried to do what I thought was right. I chose not to take legal action.”

Kraft called it “completely incomprehensible to me that the league continues to take steps to disparage one of its all-time great players and a man for whom I have the utmost respect.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nding-as-commissioner/?utm_term=.4210c2081627

Jerry will not make this mistake

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Why do people keep foisting this scenario on the appeals court? The lower court can force the NFL to rehear the case too.

Why would they do that? To continue to waste everyone's time? I mean both sides have clear conviction to their position.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I hope so but I have my doubts. A lot of people (lawyers) said that about the Cowboys/Commanders in 2010 when they front loaded their contracts. Yeah you can say that I still bitter over being penalized for our owner being smarter than the other ones.

I also don't think anyone would've ever thought that Mara would pull violating the "spirit" of the Cap as the deciding factor. Yet totally ignored all the teams who violated the same "spirit" by not meeting the "floor" of this invisible salary cap. Still scratching my head over that

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The only thing I'm afraid of is the Appellate Court remanding this case back to the NFL with an order to "fix the process", in which case Goodell will just hear all the evidence and just rule for the suspension anyway.

My thought process is that Kessler and co. have that thought process in mind during the hearing and base their case around not just the errors in the process, but fundamental unfairness and bias of it. The hope would be to have the case remanded either back to the 2nd circuit for a panel decision (a la Brady) or to a designated 3rd party arbitrator unaffiliated with the NFL.

Well the only way for this to not remain unfair and unbiased is if the commissioner is devoid of all power to suspend players. Yes it will go against article 46 conduct policy. It will be hard to enforce. But if the courts recommend a rewrite of the policy, the owners might be willing to go along with it on the basis that this case is ruining the game.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I hope so as well. Kraft said if he had to do it over again on the Brady situation he would have got involved

"I have come to the conclusion that this was never about doing what was fair and just,” Kraft said Wednesday. “Back in May, I had to make a difficult decision that I now regret. I tried to do what I thought was right. I chose not to take legal action.”

Kraft called it “completely incomprehensible to me that the league continues to take steps to disparage one of its all-time great players and a man for whom I have the utmost respect.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nding-as-commissioner/?utm_term=.4210c2081627

Jerry will not make this mistake

I believe the legal action he was talking about was to challenge the fines and penalties levied against the team. I'm not sure how he could have involved himself directly into Brady's case just like I don't see what Jones can really do. Can he sue the league to force changes to the disciplinary process? That doesn't see likely.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I just don't see how any unbiased judge (or anyone for that matter) could see it any different. The NFL trampled over due process and fairness.

The CBA tramples over both as well which is the problem. The players have effectively given up their rights.

Thankfully it appears the league may have actually violated the CBA itself

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I hope it works and he don;t sell out as cheap as Henderson did. All Henderson cost was a mouth hug from Goodell and $50K, then bazinga suspension upheld.

diefree666

Reaction score
The CBA tramples over both as well which is the problem. The players have effectively given up their rights.

Thankfully it appears the league may have actually violated the CBA itself

Some rights. There are some NO agreement can take away - so many here just do not get THAT.

mardwin

Reaction score
Why do people keep foisting this scenario on the appeals court? The lower court can force the NFL to rehear the case too.

Not an attorney but pretty confident that will not be an option any judge would consider. The process has been corrupted and compromised hence the court will force the NFL to vacate the suspension. Every time something similar happens in court judges don't ask for correction in the process but rather issue a mistrial.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Its sad that the season opener is 4 days away and everyone is talking about this. Hope this doesn't cause a distraction and our players lose their edge.
Jerry needs to get rid of Goddell, since he became commissioner, he made NFL look really bad and always in negative spotlight. We need some like Adam silver or Paul Tagliabu, who stay out of the news and focus on the game