Dark horse HC candidate no one is talking about

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
my top 3 and we’ve heard in media get verified last few weeks are:

1) Riley
2) McDaniels
3) Campbell

However, there’s a 4th name no ones talking about that may be an intriguing option. Jeff Brohm, HC at Purdue. Last year took terrible talent and exploded on the scene. This year he has a freshman playing like Reggie Bush and is top 15 in total offense.

Played in the league for years and has a very dynamic mind. Think of him as the super aggressive Jason Garrett. Long time NFL QB who’s a smart guy and related well to young people. However he can win even not having best talent on the field which is what JG struggles with.

The league is taking more and more from college and this would be a great mind as an option if others don’t pan out

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

1) Riley
2) McDaniels
3) Campbell

However, there’s a 4th name no ones talking about that may be an intriguing option. Jeff Brohm, HC at Purdue. Last year took terrible talent and exploded on the scene. This year he has a freshman playing like Reggie Bush and is top 15 in total offense.

Played in the league for years and has a very dynamic mind. Think of him as the super aggressive Jason Garrett. Long time NFL QB who’s a smart guy and related well to young people. However he can win even not having best talent on the field which is what JG struggles with.

The league is taking more and more from college and this would be a great mind as an option if others don’t pan out
But can he develop a QB? o_O

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I think Jerrah is just waiting till the end of the season to make absolutely sure the fanbase gives up on Jason. Also to give whichever guy it is time to finish out his college season and then wave a huge stack of cash in his face. So glad it's not Gruden.
I don't think it will be a college coach.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Campbell will be great he has tie to the cobwebby too and will work with JJ

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Campbell will be great he has tie to the cobwebby too and will work with JJ

I don't know if he's ready for the job, but he would at a minimum bring some needed fire and a focus on physicality and I'd like that rather than the milquetoast pansies we have now.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if JJ keeps Garrett and hires a youngin to be OC or hires an old retread he knows well, like Fisher or Turner. I think JJ prefers low profile, unassuming coaches that don't overshadow him.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I don't know if he's ready for the job, but he would at a minimum bring some needed fire and a focus on physicality and I'd like that rather than the milquetoast pansies we have now.
better than what we have now

Naruto

Reaction score
If Jerry was willing to go with a college coach he would have fired Garrett already

No you're getting Garrett for another 3 or 4 years

Just wait until the Bill Cowher analogies start this offseason

You know he missed the playoffs in years 7, 8 and 9 as well...

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if JJ keeps Garrett and hires a youngin to be OC or hires an old retread he knows well, like Fisher or Turner. I think JJ prefers low profile, unassuming coaches that don't overshadow him.
if that's the case, shoot me now....

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Really? Why not? Who are you expecting?
I think JJ will not shy away from what he has done prior and that is hire someone with NFL exp. Doesn't have to be a lot as we saw with JG, but someone that has been on an NFL staff.

I think someone like Lincoln Riley is a long shot and I would not put any money on that.

If I had to pick 3 it would be:
Norv Turner
Minn OC
Saints OC

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score

1) Riley
2) McDaniels
3) Campbell

give me #1 or #2 PLEASE!!!!..............