CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
better than what we have now

Who isn't?
328020.png

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, the funny thing is that I'm not joking. There has been an interest from both sides since around 2010. However if S. Payton becomes available, he's the next coach.

I have to think that Holmgren is effectively retired.

garyv

Reaction score
Jason said he will be here a while and expects to return next season and plans to work even harder.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
my top 3 and we’ve heard in media get verified last few weeks are:

1) Riley
2) McDaniels
3) Campbell

However, there’s a 4th name no ones talking about that may be an intriguing option. Jeff Brohm, HC at Purdue. Last year took terrible talent and exploded on the scene. This year he has a freshman playing like Reggie Bush and is top 15 in total offense.

Played in the league for years and has a very dynamic mind. Think of him as the super aggressive Jason Garrett. Long time NFL QB who’s a smart guy and related well to young people. However he can win even not having best talent on the field which is what JG struggles with.

The league is taking more and more from college and this would be a great mind as an option if others don’t pan out

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/amp.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article220455900.html

Sydla

Reaction score
DeFilippo.

He's young and only been an OC for one year in Minnesota but I'll take a chance on an up and comer like that.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
I have to think that Holmgren is effectively retired.
So was Parcells. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not for the hire, but if he's hired it would be just like Jerry to do so. It's also been rumored that Holmgren is one of the coaches that Jerry gets his second opinions from.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Want and offensive minded coach to work with Dak one more year. See if he can turn it around.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Riley or Campbell.

only take McDaniels if Belichick and Brady come with him.

Lincoln Riley is my choice from that list.
Bob Stoops my personal choice.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m trying to think since Jimmy left when Jerry’s ever named a QB from a list most fans would have provided?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
my top 3 and we’ve heard in media get verified last few weeks are:

1) Riley
2) McDaniels
3) Campbell

However, there’s a 4th name no ones talking about that may be an intriguing option. Jeff Brohm, HC at Purdue. Last year took terrible talent and exploded on the scene. This year he has a freshman playing like Reggie Bush and is top 15 in total offense.

Played in the league for years and has a very dynamic mind. Think of him as the super aggressive Jason Garrett. Long time NFL QB who’s a smart guy and related well to young people. However he can win even not having best talent on the field which is what JG struggles with.

The league is taking more and more from college and this would be a great mind as an option if others don’t pan out

"Verified" by whom? Certainly not the guy who will be making the decision.

Fans will be dreaming of Riley or McDaniels while Jerry debates Marty Mornhinweg or Jeff Fisher.

Sydla

Reaction score
What's the love for Campbell other than the fact he's from Texas and played here? Shoot, since he has a connection to Jones I am not sure I want anything to do with him.

And hell no on McDaniels.

RS12

Reaction score
Beat writers say Jerry likes Payton (never happen) and DeFillipo

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
What's the love for Campbell other than the fact he's from Texas and played here? Shoot, since he has a connection to Jones I am not sure I want anything to do with him.

And hell no on McDaniels.
Campbell is the closest thing we’ll get to Sean Payton. He knows the playbook and you’d hope that’d translate

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
I think JJ will not shy away from what he has done prior and that is hire someone with NFL exp. Doesn't have to be a lot as we saw with JG, but someone that has been on an NFL staff.

I think someone like Lincoln Riley is a long shot and I would not put any money on that.

If I had to pick 3 it would be:
Norv Turner
Minn OC
Saints OC
I so agree with this. If you look at Jerry's history, he likes familiarity.