Darn math isn’t working

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
6 wins vs. NFCE scrubs.
3 wins vs teams outside division with losing records
3 wins against teams with winning records (2 didn't make playoffs, one used a TE at QB)
4 losses against playoff teams
1 loss against a team with a losing record that destroyed us

12-5. There ya go.
everyone keeps saying scrubs. but Philly made the playoffs. Skins were 7-10, slightly below average. Giants were bad, but so were carolina, detroit, jax, houston, jets.....

but I agree, our record outside of the division was not very good......

and yes, we didn't beat any playoff teams....close losses, but still losses. we need to get over that hump. and play like we did against tampa...not scared..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The difference is they all arent in the same division. Houston and Jax is, and that led to Tennesee undeservingly getting the number 1 seed in the AFC.
but detroit is in the same division as GB. they are far worse than Giants...no team in NFC north had a winning record outside of GB..... what would people say about Cowboys if that happened? Same with Tampa were one other team had a winning record, but missed playoffs. by far NFC west was the toughest division.

so I am not saying we played in a great division, but it wasn't the craap everyone is trying to make it out to be.....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many of the posts so far speak for themselves of what the OP is stating.

Yes there are issues that need to be addressed. A lot can happen yet to see what direction things go.
I won't buy into it as in the past. But I will look for the good, not whine about all the bad. It just harms your soul to do so.

Oh, wait, maybe that is it. They aren't haters anymore...they are without souls....:lmao2:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
but detroit is in the same division as GB. they are far worse than Giants...no team in NFC north had a winning record outside of GB..... what would people say about Cowboys if that happened? Same with Tampa were one other team had a winning record, but missed playoffs. by far NFC west was the toughest division.

so I am not saying we played in a great division, but it wasn't the craap everyone is trying to make it out to be.....

The difference is GB was 8-3 outside of their division. Beat the Cardinals, beat the Rams, beat the 49ers, beat the Bengals. They've already gone through a playoff gauntlet and came out wildly impressive. After Sunday, Dallas was 6-6. Beat the Eagles a couple times, lost to TB, lost to the Cardinals, lost to the Chiefs, lost to the Raiders. Dallas made the playoffs because of their 6-0. GB made the playoffs in spite of it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure only Dallas fans use this kind of reasoning. Talented players don't make this many mistakes. It seems like fans think players are just a bunch of measurables with no cognitive responsibilities.
those re facts as the OP stated we have the talent. the math says so, we need that talent to execute ie not make so many flipping mistakes 28 flags over two, loses by 6 and 3 points, imagine only 7 penalties we win both those games, guiarnteed,

its not an excuse its fact ok non Dallas fan. go away troll!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So let’s see, based upon the threads the last few days, we have a lower tier coaching staff (bottom 10) and a lower tier roster (bottom 15).

for some reason, being a math guy, I can’t make that compute to 12-5 and a division title, even if we were the 6th best team in the nfc.

Can you guys explain how it all works ?

I guess our punter was worth 5-6 wins.

For me it's a matter of being subpar compared to other playoff teams, not the entire NFL, in terms of coaching and key positions.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The difference is GB was 8-3 outside of their division. Beat the Cardinals, beat the Rams, beat the 49ers, beat the Bengals. They've already gone through a playoff gauntlet and came out wildly impressive. After Sunday, Dallas was 6-6. Beat the Eagles a couple times, lost to TB, lost to the Cardinals, lost to the Chiefs, lost to the Raiders. Dallas made the playoffs because of their 6-0. GB made the playoffs in spite of it.
I said as much. that our record outside the division was bad....but by the same token, the other side of the argument is that GB had losses in division, none of whom had a winning record....

I just don't agree to make our division into trash, in order to knock the cowboys as a precursor to knock Dak....

everything is not about Dak. this team had other issues

morat1959

Reaction score
So let’s see, based upon the threads the last few days, we have a lower tier coaching staff (bottom 10) and a lower tier roster (bottom 15).

for some reason, being a math guy, I can’t make that compute to 12-5 and a division title, even if we were the 6th best team in the nfc.

2 is the same as 32. Jerry has worked on you as well as most on the board.

visionary

Reaction score

Math requires knowledge and common sense both of which are missing from your post

Haimerej

Reaction score
those re facts as the OP stated we have the talent. the math says so, we need that talent to execute ie not make so many flipping mistakes 28 flags over two, loses by 6 and 3 points, imagine only 7 penalties we win both those games, guiarnteed,

So you believe talented players make a lot of mistakes. Is there any other profession you apply that standard to?

I know this really talented surgeon. Sometimes he removes the wrong organ, but that’s because his boss didn't supervise him properly.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Now take out our 6-0 in the NFC Least and look at our record. Against the rest of the league we're 6-6.

The task for the offseason is to analyze our record and stats for the last few years *outside* our putrid division. Then we'll know how we stand against the rest of the NFL .

jnday

Reaction score

Dallas has talent, but the talent is far from being as good as Cowboys fans think it is. The Cowboys have a roster full of overrated and overpaid players that have no fear of losing their jobs. Their play on the field reflects how entitled they really are.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

We do have a bottom to middle tier coaching staff and a roster that hovers anywhere around the 6th to 12th mark in terms of talent and lack of glaring holes. That combined with the toxic Jerry Jones culture and this is what you get.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Sounds about right...................

plasticman

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot.

That record means nothing. Absolutely zero. Fans of historically bad teams are the ones that are proud of a regular season record. For those players that understand the goal, the regular season is a series of qualifying matches.

I would rather have the Cowboys with a 9-8 record with a wildcard that wins the Super Bowl than a 15-2 team that is one and done. Which record do you think the fans would remember the most?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now take out our 6-0 in the NFC Least and look at our record. Against the rest of the league we're 6-6.

The task for the offseason is to analyze our record and stats for the last few years *outside* our putrid division. Then we'll know how we stand against the rest of the NFL .
Guessing it ain't pretty

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I think the whole 12-5 thing makes it look even worse for us. The patriots made a living feasting off a bad division for years. It was a free 6 wins and playoff spot. The fact that we can’t even come close to doing the same is laughable.

One day one or two teams in the division are gonna be good again