Darn math isn’t working

DFWJC

Reaction score
So let’s see, based upon the threads the last few days, we have a lower tier coaching staff (bottom 10) and a lower tier roster (bottom 15).

for some reason, being a math guy, I can’t make that compute to 12-5 and a division title, even if we were the 6th best team in the nfc.

Can you guys explain how it all works ?

I guess our punter was worth 5-6 wins.
Here is no chance at all that this roster is bottom half
No way

but were gifted 6 easy ones from the NFCE

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Many of the posts so far speak for themselves of what the OP is stating.

Yes there are issues that need to be addressed. A lot can happen yet to see what direction things go.
I won't buy into it as in the past. But I will look for the good, not whine about all the bad. It just harms your soul to do so.

Oh, wait, maybe that is it. They aren't haters anymore...they are without souls....:lmao2:
I gave mine up for a small bag of Funyuns and a Funny Bones at lunch in 6th grade. I had to throw in a Chocolate Snack Pack to seal the deal.

Flamma

Reaction score
So let’s see, based upon the threads the last few days, we have a lower tier coaching staff (bottom 10) and a lower tier roster (bottom 15).

for some reason, being a math guy, I can’t make that compute to 12-5 and a division title, even if we were the 6th best team in the nfc.

Can you guys explain how it all works ?

I guess our punter was worth 5-6 wins.

nate dizzle gave a good run down in post #3. I can't improve upon that. But I can suggest an alternative to his. Or something that works in concert with his.

Our offense is the same since 2019. We've been losing and winning the same way. The difference is the defense. In 2019 it was average to a bit above average, Dallas went 8-8 I believe. Last year our D was horrible and the record reflected that. This year the D was pretty good. Dallas even got special teams help. That's why the 12 wins. Our offense isn't that good, and hasn't been since 2019.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You know, the issues with the team have been discussed throughout the season. Wishing the team would correct those issues in order to prevent a one and done postseason was what the haters wanted to discuss despite the 12-5 record. This was at great displeasure to homers who wanted everyone to just be happy with the record. Now homers want to double down?

blueblood70

Reaction score
So you believe talented players make a lot of mistakes. Is there any other profession you apply that standard to?

I know this really talented surgeon. Sometimes he removes the wrong organ, but that’s because his boss didn't supervise him properly.
yes humans make mistakes, you perfect?

the talent is real the focus is not..it wasn't one player the entire OL and many on the DL made penalties' why we dont have the answers, only maybe need a new OLC and scheme, a new voice and vison, to better fit this talent pool.

so sorry that doesn't match your opinion because 12-5 , 6-0 division winners finishing with the #1 offense and strangely an OL ranked 1 in many categories says mine is closer to the truth. regardless of stats are skewed being #1 and top 5 and top 10 in so many categories says you have talent,.
the OL and DL are Groups more, so the OL and they just never gelled as group and that was the issue, out of sync a step off make you reach out and grab or start early etc,.

hopefully they can clean that up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas has talent, but the talent is far from being as good as Cowboys fans think it is. The Cowboys have a roster full of overrated and overpaid players that have no fear of losing their jobs. Their play on the field reflects how entitled they really are.
dont agree!

they have real talent but that talent lost focus ie penalties and that all that separates them again do i need to explain they maybe 6-5 against the better teams however losing to those better teams by 3 -az, 3-raiders, 6- SF, 2(sb winner), and 10(sb runner up) being the worst id say that as bad as well played to have a game still be one score and you have the ball late with chance to win shows they do have talent and need to focus and be better disciplined to cut these mistakes down.

sorry but that's a fact and proves talent. we hung with every good team on our schedule and gave them like so many more opportunities to beat us with penalty's and mistakes and we still only lose by less than a score. its like giving two equal sprinters in a race allowing one a a 1sec head start and that second runner off the line loses by a nose.chit happens but thats fact, we gave far too many teams too many chances.

sorry but fully disagree with you the fine line between great teams playing each other are mistakes and unfortunately, we made far too many to overcome. we underachieved.

Zman5

Reaction score
6 wins vs. NFCE scrubs.
3 wins vs teams outside division with losing records
3 wins against teams with winning records (2 didn't make playoffs, one used a TE at QB)
4 losses against playoff teams
1 loss against a team with a losing record that destroyed us

12-5. There ya go.

You pretty much also described the Buffalo Bills

5-1 vs AFCE Scrubs
4 wins vs teams outside division with losing records
2 wins against teams with winning records (1 didn't make playoffs and used a TE at QB)
4 losses against playoffs team
1 loss against the NFL's worst team this season by only scoring 6 points.

11-6.

The difference is they got to play their division opponent in the playoffs.
Had we played the EaGirls last weekend, we most likely will be playing this weekend also.

blueblood70

Reaction score

5-1 vs AFCE Scrubs
2 wins against teams with winning records (1 didn't make playoffs and used a TE at QB)

11-6.

Had we played the EaGirls last weekend, we most likely will be playing this weekend also.
thanks, you this place lives in bubble and ignore how other teams have similar situations. they like creating narratives without any actual comps

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

5-1 vs AFCE Scrubs

11-6.

1 perfect game against 2nd best defense in the league. Let's not pretend they played the Eagles.

12-6

Zman5

Reaction score
1 perfect game against 2nd best defense in the league. Let's not pretend they played the Eagles.

12-6

You mean the team with the defense Dak put up the most yards against? So are you now saying Dak beat a quality opponent this year? LOL.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You mean the team with the defense Dak put up the most yards against? So are you now saying Dak beat a quality opponent this year? LOL.
Yep. He sure did. So that's 1. Should we give him a cookie?

cowboyec

Reaction score
we're better than some on here gives us credit for...but the results last week show we're not good enuff.
yet.