Twitter: Darnold: "They just kind of did what they do. They do it every single week."

ShortRound

Reaction score
Things you'll never hear anyone say about Belichik's defense, which morphs week to week based on the opponent.

Dallas? High school stuff:

"Beat your man...fight harder" :rolleyes:

Dude couldn't figure out mono, but the Cowboys defense? piece of cake. lol.

kumizi

Reaction score
It really is mind blowing. Our head coach has come out and basically said “we don’t really game plan for the opponent that much. We just want to execute what we do.” Just think about that and contrast it with say Belichek. It’s mind blowing he’s been the head coach of the most valuable sports team in the world for a decade.

John813

Reaction score
He was a better coach in Miami than JG has ever been.

Imagine JG with those rosters and QBs?

He got so stubborn/arrogant though with playcalling and his assistant coaches. Game management was something he lacked too. One game that stands out to me was the Bengals game last year. 27 unanswered points, partially due to Gase abandoning the run and over-relying on Tannehill to preserve the lead.

2016 successful turn-around went to his head. Thought he was smartest guy in the room
Matt Burke was over his head as a DC. That wide nine was a failure there. Holes galore.

He would abandon the run way too early. Frank Gore would have very good games and then just like that he would decide to run screens non-stop. Even in 2017 with Kenyan Drake he wouldn't stay with the run even though Drake would find holes and keep the chains moving.

He also was given final say on the roster and never believed in offensive guards in his system.

I'll give him a pass on 2017 with Tannehill going down the entire year, but his downfall there was enjoying the smells of his own farts and thinking no one could talk/question him. Flipped out on the owner a handful of times.

DJordan23

Reaction score
The defense and it's coaching is horrible...Richard is a joke because he won't even play his best players, Marinelli still think that he has Sapp, Booger, Rice, Brooks, Barber, and Lynch out there playing. The scheme is dated and the talent is suspect. Darnold has been out all year, only to come in and look like Montana against our defense. Smh!!!

Dre11

Reaction score
I’ve never used that narrative.

I realize you’re unable to defend Garret based on his actual results. So instead you need to generalize and prescribe an argument to me, I’ve never made. Since there’s actually no way to actually defend garret’s performance as a coach right now.

Like I said, sad.

Creeper

Reaction score
Let's face it, the defense is the same every week. They rarely show an exotic blitzes, they play the same coverage, and the same twists and stunts every week. They don't seem to have game plans for specific teams.

I think the offense is a little more imaginative this season, but they miss a lot of blocks on the OL. Not sure what's going on there. Of course if Smith and Collins weren't hurt, things could have been very different yesterday.

It does always look like our opponents know our weaknesses more than we know theirs.

Dre11

Reaction score
I’ve never used that narrative.

I realize you’re unable to defend Garret based on his actual results. So instead you need to generalize and prescribe an argument to me, I’ve never made. Since there’s actually no way to actually defend garret’s performance as a coach right now.

Like I said, sad.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
no he did not, there were plenty of us telling you guys, the season was over in April. Some fans just refused to listen.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Lack of pass rush exposes Cowboys scheme. Let's cut top the chase here.

I have been saying this for years.

No pass rush, no pass defense.

I will add. No interior push, no sacks, no pass defense.

Well who'd a thunk all that would be related?

Cydios

Reaction score
Those adjustments from three saints game are really showing