Twitter: Darnold: "They just kind of did what they do. They do it every single week."

Sydla

Reaction score
I have given up on Richard.

If by the sheer volume of his stupidity, Jerry brings back Garrett, at the very least they need a purge of the defensive staff.

pansophy

Reaction score
10 year olds who play Madden uncovered the Cowboys scheme.
Some people have never adjusted to the salary cap -- mainly people who got used to having significantly better talent than the team across from them -- and they continue to believe that if you simply execute better than the other guys you will win. So there is no reason to get complicated.

The talent gap is so small now that you have to make it difficult for the opposing team to know what you are doing, and we simply never do that. I would go a step farther and say that Jones has made this problem worse by paying big money for our top players (some justified and some not) again believing the path to the super bowl is superior talent. The Patriots instead pay big money to very few and so when players invariably get injured the drop off in play isn't that big. Our players get injured and there is nobody behind them to back them up because we have already spent all of our money.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
This team hasn’t game planned for an opponent in a decade. Nothing new

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Seriously, how many times do we have to hear this about this team?

“They just kind of did what they do. They do it every single week..."

We are the worst self-scouting team in the history of football.

Darnold is 22 years old.

His coach, Adam Gase, was fired by the Dolphins.

Darnold & Gase > Marinelli

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Wasting your time.

He just doesn't get it and never will.

You are talking to a guy who has argued that Garrett is probably every bit as good a coach as Belichick but wasn't lucky enough to fall into the New England organization.
You really said this @Dre11 ? Jesus

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This entire garbage defense starts at this mindset that Rod Marinelli is so great defensive genius.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
That’s what people tell me on madden when I play online.

I will out execute you if you let me, but whoa baby will it get ugly if you figure me out.

it’s the cowboy way

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some people have never adjusted to the salary cap -- mainly people who got used to having significantly better talent than the team across from them -- and they continue to believe that if you simply execute better than the other guys you will win. So there is no reason to get complicated.

Jerry wanted JG to recreate the early 90s. The problem is the league has changed since 1992 and Jerry/JG are still back there.

Beat your man! Fight! :rolleyes:

How about staying a step ahead of your opponents instead of "doing what you do" and expecting to just impose your will on them?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
You’re the one making it a defense. I see very few people advocating for Kris Richard to be HC and yesterday in the game thread he was slammed left and right, but you’re so defensive of Garrett you fail to see it. Yes we’ve taken all the life jackets as well I hope you can swim.
The ship is listing......lol

MCMetal69

Reaction score
If Garrett can't see the most glaring difference between the '90's teams and this team , THE HEAD COACH , I'd say he might have a mental disorder..................