DaRon Bland best Cowboys 5th round draft pick ever?

mmohican29

Reaction score
I wanna get Madden just to see if Bland manages as many house call picks as he does irl.

He's a cheat code. Just wow.

Motorola

Reaction score
just think about the 31 teams that passed on him over and over during draft day. Scouts screwed the pooch when they evaluated him.
Make that 32 teams that passed on him over and over...then the Cowboys woke up on draft day 3 and turned in his card in the 5th round.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know the Cowboys scouting and draft crew stand on their own, but Dan Quinn has a good history of lending advice duringthe draft to hit home runs in the secondary,
Sherman and Chancellor in Seattle come to mind immediately
Diggs and Bland in Dallas
:flagwave:

plymkr

Reaction score
Wasn’t Matt Johnson a 5th round pick. If he was then I feel it’s a toss up between Matt and Daron.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He was a steal in the 5th. What a great find. Him a Diggs manning the corners in ’24…what a tandem to have.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don't think CB Kevin Smith made it back from his devastating Achilles Tendon tear
- which prompt Jerry to pursue Deion Sanders as a FA.

I remember Sanders being paired up with Larry Brown - en route to a Super Bowl win over Steelers. ;)
The medical procedures are more advanced these years, though, with advancements in stem cells,etc.