Darren Mcfadden

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1541242 said:
If we waste a very high pick on Mcfadden it will be a disaster. He is nothing more than a good RB..that is being over hyped.

He is getting the hype because he is a damn good RB and proves that is a very tough conference.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If we waste a very high pick on Mcfadden it will be a disaster. He is nothing more than a good RB..that is being over hyped.

I agree 100%. He outclasses college because of his speed. Well, in the NFL you MUST have more than just speed. He doesn't.

Reaction score

You can't be serious right? WOW, keep in mind he faced the toughest college defenses in the SEC and STILL had a huge year, dude wake up!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Stephen Colboar;1541176 said:
I'm doing the same, rooting for Cleveland to do the unthinkable and have that dream season with a perfect 0-16
:welcome: to you too. If that happens I'll buy you a steak dinner.

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1541246 said:
He is getting the hype because he is a damn good RB and proves that is a very tough conference.

That's the key phrase right there..."tough conference", which by the way has been the toughest over the past 5 years...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1541244 said:
McFadden reminds me a lot of Eric Dickerson

Once he hits the NFL he won't. NFL != College. VERY FEW college players every see the light of day in the NFL. This is why so many great college players never make it in the NFL.

Stephen Colboar

Reaction score
nyc;1541240 said:
Search CZ for my name and McFadden. It's well documented.
Will do.
I'm interested in a "neutral" opinion.

I'm an avid hogs fan, but I know when to take the rose-colored shades off.
i.e. I didn't lose my **** over any other NFL prospect coming out of Fayetteville the past ten years. (Cedric Cobbs, David Barrett, Batman Carroll[what a joke that he was a first rounder], I've even doubted Matt Jones moving to receiver because he has poor work ethic)

I'd put my mortgage on McFadden (future health-issues aside) being successful in the league. He is simply that good.

I've seen him just absolutely show up some really awesome defenses... and that's with what is possibly the most piss-poor playcaller in football.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1541252 said:
That's the key phrase right there..."tough conference", which by the way has been the toughest over the past 5 years...

SEC != NFL. :rolleyes: I don't know how many times it must be said. :bang2:

Stephen Colboar

Reaction score
nyc;1541247 said:
I agree 100%. He outclasses college because of his speed. Well, in the NFL you MUST have more than just speed. He doesn't.
Just saw this before I hit the search button.

He's the strongest back I've seen in the SEC in a while. Don't be distracted by his speed. He runs over people, too.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stephen Colboar;1541254 said:
Will do.
I'm interested in a "neutral" opinion.

I'm an avid hogs fan, but I know when to take the rose-colored shades off.
i.e. I didn't lose my **** over any other NFL prospect coming out of Fayetteville the past ten years. (Cedric Cobbs, David Barrett, Batman Carroll[what a joke that he was a first rounder], I've even doubted Matt Jones moving to receiver because he has poor work ethic)

I'd put my mortgage on McFadden (future health-issues aside) being successful in the league. He is simply that good.

I've seen him just absolutely show up some really awesome defenses... and that's with what is possibly the most piss-poor playcaller in football.

I think he has very good talent. I just don't think it's going to translate to the NFL. His biggest asset is pure speed. The NFL players are much much faster in the NFL. He won't be able to run by people like he does in college. No longer is he playing the best of the best high schoolers. He will be playing the best of the best football players in the world. It will take more than just speed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;1541247 said:
He has the best stiff arm I have seen since Walter Payton and that does play well in the NFL.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
We should trade down and get two ones next year and two ones the year after.

Reaction score
nyc;1541253 said:
Once he hits the NFL he won't. NFL != College. VERY FEW college players every see the light of day in the NFL. This is why so many great college players never make it in the NFL.

McFadden has the speed and power that will translate over to the NFL well..

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stephen Colboar;1541256 said:
Just saw this before I hit the search button.

He's the strongest back I've seen in the SEC in a while. Don't be distracted by his speed. He runs over people, too.

Watch the Adrian Peterson highlights on YouTube then compare them to McFadden. When McFadden makes contact, he WILL go down. Peterson would bull over guys and run away dragging them until they let go.

Don't take my word for it. Go see for your self. He goes down after contact. Then watch Adrian Peterson. Now, after watching those. Think about how that is going to translate to the NFL where the players are much faster and they don't miss many tackles because it will mean their job.

adamknite

Reaction score
nyc;1541255 said:
SEC != NFL. :rolleyes: I don't know how many times it must be said. :bang2:

Dude you can say that about every prospect that has ever came out of college. The only argument you're making is "college isn't as tough as the NFL, so he won't be as good." People questioned if Peyton Manning would be a good NFL QB when he was coming out. If you think the only thing DMac has is speed then you don't watch him play. He's fast and he's strong and on top of that he's a good blocker, watch some of the blocks he puts on people when they ran the Wildcat formation last year. If you don't like him fine, but come up with something a little better than "nfl is tougher than college."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;1541266 said:
What Adrian Peterson highlights on YouTube then compare them to McFadden. When McFadden makes contact, he WILL go down. Peterson would bull over guys and run away dragging them until they let go.

Don't take my word for it. Go see for your self. He goes down after contact. Then watch Adrian Peterson. Now, after watching those. Think about how that is going to translate to the NFL where the players are much faster and they don't miss many tackles because it will mean their job.

Peterson has already been drafted what does he have to do with anything. As for McFadden if you watch the game and not just some highlight reel you may find out that you really don't know what you’re talking about. McFadden has good strength and speed and being a young man his body will continue to develop.

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1541270 said:
Peterson has already been drafted what does he have to do with anything. As for McFadden if you watch the game and not just some highlight reel you may find out that you really don't know what you’re talking about. McFadden has good strength and speed and being a young man his body will continue to develop.

It's NO use, people that don't like a player will disect them to pieces.. McFadden has plenty of power and lord knows plenty of speed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
adamknite;1541269 said:
The only argument you're making is "college isn't as tough as the NFL, so he won't be as good."

This is not true. I never *only* made that statement. I gave my reason and I'm ready to sit back and stand by my prediction till fruition.

If the Cowboys draft him and he takes Emmitt's spot as the NFL's All-Time leading rusher and second in TDs; then good for him and the Cowboys. I just don't think it's going to happen. Period.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Nobody said he was going to be Adrian Peterson. But you cant teach speed, quickness, and moves. He has every Cowboy running back beat in all 3 categories so i will gladly take Mr. Overrated.:cool: