Darren Mcfadden

BigDave95

Reaction score
nyc;1541274 said:
I don't dislike McFadden. I see what I see. It's business not personal. I love football and I call it like I see it.

Everyone should quit wasting their time arguing with this dimwit. He's admitted before he hasn't even seen him play actual games. He's basing all of his "expert" analysis on youtube clips and highlights as opposed to the many people (like me) who's seen every snap of his college career.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stephen Colboar;1541318 said:
McFadden has the ability to be physical, he just never needs to show it. McFadden's ability to avoid hits though, I think is being undervalued here.

See, I don't think he is. As I've said, his speed is his biggest asset. It is what saves him from a lot of hits. This won't be the case once he hits the NFL. How many players have you ever seen in the NFL that uses speed to make players miss in the NFL as much as he does in college? Right. None. While some players can make people miss with speed, none do it like it gets done in college by many players. Why? The talent level.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BigDave95;1541331 said:
Everyone should quit wasting their time arguing with this dimwit. He's admitted before he hasn't even seen him play actual games. He's basing all of his "expert" analysis on youtube clips and highlights as opposed to the many people (like me) who's seen every snap of his college career.

Classy. How about telling us about your Harvard degree and how you sip wine and eat cheese. :rolleyes:

Next.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
BigDave95;1541331 said:

I don't agree with his analysis either, but that is not the way to go about a discussion. You should possibly try to have a logical debate without the inflammatory remarks if you plan on people listening to you.

But, back to the discussion, I think McFadden is the real deal. I would be very happy for him to be wearing the star next year.

BigDave95

Reaction score
nyc;1541335 said:
Classy. How about telling us about your Harvard degree and how you sip wine and eat cheese. :rolleyes:

Next.

Am I not correct?? You said in a previous thread you'd only seen him play once or twice in an actual game. So you're basing all of your analysis off highlight reels yet you present yourself as some kind of expert.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
nyc;1541314 said:
I can show you one.

:D

Your right. According to JJ, that is exactly what he did. Good point. However, having said that, I don't really think he changed that much. Perhaps it's just me but you do bring up a good point.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
PBJTime;1541349 said:
I would be very happy for him to be wearing the star next year.

I do not disagree. He is better than Jones and Barber as a starting NFL back, but I don't see that as saying much. This isn't a slap a Barber. I think he is very good at what he does, and that is being a change of pace back.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BigDave95;1541350 said:
Am I not correct?? You said in a previous thread you'd only seen him play once or twice in an actual game. So you're basing all of your analysis off highlight reels yet you present yourself as some kind of expert.

No, I presented myself as who I am. A football fan who does more than just watch the game. I watched (more than just youtube) and I made a judgement. I based that judgement on everything that I know. I don't put on jaded glasses that most "fans" (and you obviously did being that you watched every single game) do when judging someone dear to them. If you disagree the do so. To call people names because you disagree shows you to be less than credible and irrational.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Stephen Colboar;1541318 said:
So are you saying his running style is poor? I guess I don't follow.

I just think the ability to avoid hits a'la Reggie Bush is just as good as an ability to take the hits and/or distribute your own punishment.

McFadden has the ability to be physical, he just never needs to show it. McFadden's ability to avoid hits though, I think is being undervalued here.

I see the point some of you are making though, and it's understandable I guess. All we can do is sit back and watch his last year of college ball, and then see for ourselves when he is in the league next season.
I'm hoping it's with the Cowboys... which also means Tony Romo ends up being the definite answer at QB.

No, I never said that at all. If I understand NYC, his issue with McFadden is his running style, and how it translates into the Pros. Your point about him only being a Soph. and improving as he gets older is what I was trying to address. While I think your correct in certain aspects, I don't think it will change what NYC has issue with and that is the running style of McFadden.

Myself, I don't worry about his strength to much but I do worry about his upright running style and the fact that I don't see a lot of wiggle in his game. He appears to be more of a one cut back IMO. He has speed, no question but I don't see a lot of Reggie Bush in him. Whomever compared him to Dickerson, to me, was closer to the mark. In fact, a guy we currently have on the team that kinda reminds me of him is Tyson Thompson. He has the same kind of upright style and tremedous acceleration. McFadden is probably a tougher runner, IMO, but the do have simular running styles, from what I've seen, thus far.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Fortunately the draft is not until next April so we will all have a chance to keep an eye on McFadden

Halen88

Reaction score
NYc You really don't know RunDMC very well...You should see him in the "Wildcat" package...I've got inside info on this kid, not only is he great but he has the class of Emmitt Smith... The SEC is the TOUGHEST conference in football..See Florida vs Ohio State..
If you have never watched a Razorback game how can you judge his talent??

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would take McFadden and if he is not there I would take Slaton.

Both speedy and special RBs IMO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Halen88;1541369 said:
NYc You really don't know RunDMC very well...You should see him in the "Wildcat" package...I've got inside info on this kid, not only is he great but he has the class of Emmitt Smith... The SEC is the TOUGHEST conference in football..See Florida vs Ohio State..

The impressive part is the Razorbacks are not loaded with offensive weapons and teams go into the game focused on McFadden and yet he continues to produce.

Halen88

Reaction score
Hostile;1541241 said:
:welcome: to the forum Halen88. I enjoy the YouTube videos. I always get a good laugh. Glad you finally decided to give us a try.

I think McFadden is a lock as the best player in the country in 2007 for college football. At the end of last year I was scrambling to find out how he did each Saturday if he wasn't on TV.

He'd look great in our star.
Thanks for the Youtube props Hostile..Those Eagle fans are hell to deal with lol

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Please, let's not insult a fellow poster just because he has a different opinion than the majority.

I really didn't pay that much attention to McFadden last year - though I do follow the SEC particularly for Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Florida with Georgia sprinkled in.

But I'm going to pay more attention to him (McFadden) now since he could be a Cowboy next year.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Halen88;1541369 said:
NYc You really don't know RunDMC very well...

Umm, wrong.

RunDMC said:
This speech is my recital, I think it's very vital
To rock (a rhyme), that's right (on time)
It's Tricky is the title, here we go...

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...it's Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Tricky)
It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's Tricky...Tr-tr-tr-tricky (Tricky) Trrrrrrrrrrricky

Halen88;1541369 said:

I have and I do judge it. I judge he is a great college back, but I also judge that he will NOT be a big time star in the nfl.

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1541366 said:
No, I never said that at all. If I understand NYC, his issue with McFadden is his running style, and how it translates into the Pros. Your point about him only being a Soph. and improving as he gets older is what I was trying to address. While I think your correct in certain aspects, I don't think it will change what NYC has issue with and that is the running style of McFadden.

Myself, I don't worry about his strength to much but I do worry about his upright running style and the fact that I don't see a lot of wiggle in his game. He appears to be more of a one cut back IMO. He has speed, no question but I don't see a lot of Reggie Bush in him. Whomever compared him to Dickerson, to me, was closer to the mark. In fact, a guy we currently have on the team that kinda reminds me of him is Tyson Thompson. He has the same kind of upright style and tremedous acceleration. McFadden is probably a tougher runner, IMO, but the do have simular running styles, from what I've seen, thus far.

I compared McFadden to Eric Dickerson and also pointed out he was only a sophomore.... IF the kids turns into the next Eric Dickerson I won't be the least bit upset. I believe he's the real deal as well...

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Halen88;1541369 said:

And see the Big 10 win 2 of 3 bowl games vs. the SEC.