Darren Woodson: "At Some Point The Players Have Got To Win The Games"

J12B

Reaction score

Accountability.

While I agree with this, the losses against teams like Arizona and San Francisco were clearly because of a coaching advantage.

They literally had schemes against us and we had nothing.

That's on the coaches.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Darren Woodson: "At Some Point, The Players Have Got To Win The Games"

who is this loser? he better not be taking shots at dak. dak has the #1 offensive, but he's playing behind the worst offensive line, worst running backs, worst receiver, coaches in the league. um,yeah

If Bo Jackson would say something about Dak, we would have someone here who played high school or peewee football saying "Bo don't know Football"

My3Sons

Reaction score
I met Darren at a wine tasting in Dallas before Xmas. I really enjoyed meeting him. I think we talked for about 20 minutes. He is crazy bright.

The GM job has two parts:

1. Roster---I believe with the right coach, the roster had enough talent this year. He has set us up for cap problems next year though.

2. Hiring coaches--This has been a big fail going back to the 90s. MM is awful

J_Allen

Reaction score
The problem is the players we pay the most, arent good enough.

Dak needs to be carried

Tank hasnt had a sack in the playoffs since his rookie season

Zeke is flabby and sick

Coop is too hot or cold

They all need to go except for Dak. We can't afford to cut him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You look at all the SB winners of the past 20 years and how many did not have several important FA acquisitions? Or trades?

Our only significant player not drafted is Cooper. Who is a good player. But only one. This idea that only OUR DRAFTED PLAYERS deserve to be brought back and NO REAL FA's should be brought in is just another failure in a long list of Jerry and company.

San Francisco's offensive line is made up of Trent Williams (1st-round pick for Washington), Laken Tomlinson (1st for Detroit), Alex Mack (1st for Cleveland); Daniel Brunskill (FA who first signed with Atlanta) and Tom Compton (6th for Washington).

Thankfully, we've drafted better than that at OL, but it just shows what can be done through FA and trades.

ICP

Reaction score
You do have to blame the front office for the ridiculous contracts they have handed out over the years and getting little return. I always think of Miles Austin as one Jerruh paid prematurely

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep.

In what world do you expect to compete for a title while paying a RB 15 million a year to not produce and a QB who is average like he is capable of carrying the team.

Some of you act like this is a, "Chicken vs. Egg" argument. The whole offensive side of the ball is a problem, along with the coaching.

links18

Reaction score
At some point, if the players can't win games, maybe its time to stop overrating their talent?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Some of you act like this is a, "Chicken vs. Egg" argument. The whole offensive side of the ball is a problem, along with the coaching.

I agree with this. I believe its not the Talent but the Culture here. Part of it is not having the right coach to install the proper culture. Not that you can have the proper coach if the players view the owner as the guy who runs things. But also besides the Coach, other players, leaders of the team, help install the proper culture. The 90's team, everyone hungered for a championship. You had leaders like Aikman, Emmitt, Irving, and countless others that would get vocal when people were playing uninspired football. We haven't had any true leaders since then. When is the last time you seen Dak get vocal with his team mates to get everyone on the same page. The players don't get mad when they are playing mediocre, you have to get mad to snap out of the state we have seen vs the Cardnials or vs the 49ers. Nope nobody gets mad and they just keep playing uninspired football. Where is the leadership on this team?

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
At some point the GM has to be held accountable

The players being able to overcome Jerry's ownership is something we have been hoping could happen for a while now, but it's not going to happen.

Another ex Jerry player from the glory years shifting blame from the real problem with the Dallas Cowboys.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
At some point the GM has to be held accountable

The players being able to overcome Jerry's ownership is something we have been hoping could happen for a while now, but it's not going to happen.

Another ex Jerry player from the glory years shifting blame from the real problem with the Dallas Cowboys.

And its not about drafting anymore either. I think the Cowboys have been drafting well as of late. Hiring coaches? Well I don't know if it matters who you hire. It can be a superbowl winning coach, but if you put him in the position of a puppet then the right culture is still not going to form. Jerrah needs to give up some power and let the coach run the show. Have the ability to fire players. Be the person who in the eyes of the players run the show. You can have a GM and a Head Coach and it works, but here in Dallas Jerry is the leader of the team not the head coach and that is why the right culture doesn;t form.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
And its not about drafting anymore either. I think the Cowboys have been drafting well as of late. Hiring coaches? Well I don't know if it matters who you hire. It can be a superbowl winning coach, but if you put him in the position of a puppet then the right culture is still not going to form. Jerrah needs to give up some power and let the coach run the show. Have the ability to fire players. Be the person who in the eyes of the players run the show. You can have a GM and a Head Coach and it works, but here in Dallas Jerry is the leader of the team not the head coach and that is why the right culture doesn;t form.
I am legit starting to get pissed off at these ex-players from the pre-2000's shifting blame away from the real elephant in the room.

If these guys can't see that Jerry is the #1 problem then they are too dumb for me to care what they have to say and if they are too cowardly to call out Jerry directly then they don't really care about the team

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I am legit starting to get pissed off at these ex-players from the pre-2000's shifting blame away from the real elephant in the room.

If these guys can't see that Jerry is the #1 problem then they are too dumb for me to care what they have to say and if they are too cowardly to call out Jerry directly then they don't really care about the team

Well Charles Haley said it ;) Why you gotta love Charles.