Twitter: Darren Woodson Snubbed for HOF Again

kskboys

Reaction score
There are a few players I wouldn't consider HOFers that made it in. For some it's a popularity contest.
Namath is one. His team winning a Super-bowl is most likely why, which IMO is flawed. Individually, his numbers were garbage.
Meredith was better than Namath.

Reactions: G2

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for sharing it with us it’s been a real eye-opener. lol I figured you would drop out as soon as you got cornered on having to post a quote that doesn’t exist.
lol - there you go making up stuff. What post are you claiming didn't exist?

Or is that like what I said you disagreed with but can't actually say what it is? You have no idea, but you are going to say it anyway.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lol - there you go making up stuff. What post are you claiming didn't exist?

Or is that like what I said you disagreed with but can't actually say what it is? You have no idea, but you are going to say it anyway.

The post that doesn’t exist is your claim that I said that a DB that has the most INT’s is automatically better than a DB that had fewer. Not once did I ever say that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're the one who didn't research. He was great for a short time. That's what I said.

You compared Don Meredith to Gale Sayers. lol Don Meredith was never as great as a QB for even one season as Sayers was as an RB. Sayers was one of the most electrifying players to ever play in the NFL. Don Meredith only completed 50% of his passes over his career and had a 1-3 playoff record. He was known more for his toughness than great play. I believe Gil Brandt ranked him 5th amongst Cowboys QBs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
great i guess Dez Bryant and his 75tds and four season where he was top 3 WR get him in the HOF?

Don Meredith never had seasons as a QB like Dez had as a receiver. Meredith never led the league in any statistical category. He played on a lot of bad Cowboys teams. He was a tough player who helped turn the team into a contender which is why he’s in the ROH.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Meredith quit playing because he got tired of the abuse by fans. He simply got burned out. He took a lot of heat for the Cowboys losing a playoff game against Cleveland in 1968. He finally had enough and quit. I saw an NFL films interview with him years ago and he said he got tired of the booing. He said it’s only a game people! Landry tried talking him out of retirement. Fans began to respect him more years after he retired than they did during his playing days. He once led the Cowboys on a game winning drive with broken ribs. He literally got out of a hospital bed to play in that game. Meredith was as tough as they came.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Meredith had his nose broken 26 times. If they had a Hall of Fame for toughness he would have been elected on the first ballot. Only Evil Knievel had more broken bones/injuries than Meredith.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Meredith was better than Namath.

Good luck scoring points in a debate on that. lol Joe Namath was the first QB to pass for 4000 yards in a season and won a Super Bowl in the biggest upset ever. Namath has some major skins on the wall that Meredith doesn’t.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There are a few players I wouldn't consider HOFers that made it in. For some it's a popularity contest.
Namath is one. His team winning a Super-bowl is most likely why, which IMO is flawed. Individually, his numbers were garbage.

The guarantee and upset win over the Colts in the Super Bowl is why Joe Namath got in. In every interview that guarantee and SB victory is all Namath ever talks about. It certainly made his career.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The guarantee and upset win over the Colts in the Super Bowl is why Joe Namath got in. In every interview that guarantee and SB victory is all Namath ever talks about. It certainly made his career.
Pretty ridiculous reason to put someone in for throwing for 200 yards and zero TDs, lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Pretty ridiculous reason to put someone in for throwing for 200 yards and zero TDs, lol.

It was the guarantee and the fact the Jets were 17 point underdogs. That game really bolstered the AFL. It was one of the most historic/defining games in pro football history and Joe Namath and his guarantee was at the center of it. The game made him a legend. I’ve never seen one interview with him where that game and guarantee doesn’t come up. To this day he can’t get the smile off his face talking about it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It was the guarantee and the fact the Jets were 17 point underdogs. That game really bolstered the AFL. It was one of the most historic/defining games in pro football history and Joe Namath and his guarantee was at the center of it. The game made him a legend. I’ve never seen one interview with him where that game and guarantee doesn’t come up. To this day he can’t get the smile off his face talking about it.
I totally get all of that, it's just not a good enough reason for me. There are plenty of players in the HOF who I don't think are very deserving.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I totally get all of that, it's just not a good enough reason for me. There are plenty of players in the HOF who I don't think are very deserving.

I don’t think it’s a good enough reason either but that one game really made the Super Bowl and NFL what it is today. It had a tremendous impact on the game. Joe Namath is a big part of NFL history. He was the first big signing in the old AFL. He helped establish that league and it took off from there. Namath is in the Hall of Fame more for what he did for the game than for his overall playing career.

Einstein

Reaction score
Charles Woodson was a lot better than Darren Woodson and it’s not even close. Charles Woodson had 62 career INT’s with 11 TDs compared to 23 INT’s and 2 TDs for Darren Woodson. Some of you need to take off your homer caps.
So we're going by stats alone? Then you think Jaylon is our best defender right now due to his numbers? And if I were drafting an all time team, honestly Darren gets consideration at S before Charles does at CB for me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So we're going by stats alone? Then you think Jaylon is our best defender right now due to his numbers? And if I were drafting an all time team, honestly Darren gets consideration at S before Charles does at CB for me.

Stats and championships are a big part of the Hall of Fame. Smith plays a position where you’re going to get a lot of tackles. Charles Woodson was a tremendous player and one of the few players in NFL history to play all three positions in the secondary. I would take Charles over Darren in a heartbeat. It took a number of years just to get Darren added to the ring of honor.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

One other point John Madden is in the Hall of Fame more for what he’s done for the game than his coaching career. He only won one Super Bowl and coached for only 10 years. It was his broadcasting career and his Madden video games that really endeared him to everyone.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Woodson robbed again. One of the best safeties to ever play. Ever. Robbed again. At this rate, D Ware will get in before him.

Because Dallas Cowboy players are famous without the Hall of Fame, there has always been a bias against Dallas Cowboys players in the Hall of Fame.

Darren Woodson's stats out shine Leroy Butler by a mile with 100 more total tackles, 200 more solo tackles, double tackles for loss, Woody gave you 23 interceptions from the SS position, and stayed a star on special teams until his retirement. Butler was a FS and should have more interceptions. Woody would take on Jerry Rice in the slot, and eliminate your TE from the game.

But, he played for the Dallas Cowboys, America's Team, had the gull to win 3 Super Bowl Championship rings, be a member of the Dynasty Dallas Cowboys team of the 90's, was named to 5 Pro Bowls, 3 All Pros, played with a star on his helmet for 12 years, retire to be a long time TV football sport analyst, and then goes back to Dallas sets up an office at Jerry's Arlington Jonesboys Practice complex call "THE STAR". In their minds, what does he need the Hall of Fame for...Darren "Woody" Woodson is Famous.

To paraphrase a quote from the Bible:

Woody, if the world hate you, ye know that it hated the Dallas Cowboys winning all those playoff games and Super Bowls before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world to be a Dallas Cowboy, therefore the world hateth you.