Twitter: Darren Woodson Snubbed for HOF Again

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As fascinating as this exploration of the bipolar mind has been, I'm dropping out of this.

Thanks for sharing it with us it’s been a real eye-opener. lol I figured you would drop out as soon as you got cornered on having to post a quote that doesn’t exist.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he joins Chuck Howley,Lee Roy Jordan,Ed"too tall"Jones,Everson Walls,Ralph Neely,Harvey Martin,John Niland,Blaine Nye,Don Perkins,Don Meredith,Cornell Green as Cowboys getting the shaft from Canton.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
he joins Chuck Howley,Lee Roy Jordan,Ed"too tall"Jones,Everson Walls,Ralph Neely,Harvey Martin,John Niland,Blaine Nye,Don Perkins,Don Meredith,Cornell Green as Cowboys getting the shaft from Canton.

Some of the players you mentioned aren’t even in the Cowboys ring of honor. Good luck getting into the Pro Hall of Fame if you can’t even get into your own teams Hall of Fame. I’m sorry but Don Meredith wasn’t even close to a Hall of Fame QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
First time I’ve seen a fan list Blaine Nye as a Hall of Fame player. :laugh: If it was up to some of the fans on this board at least 20% of the players in the Hall of Fame would be Cowboys.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Some of the players you mentioned aren’t even in the Cowboys ring of honor. Good luck getting into the Pro Hall of Fame if you can’t even get into your own teams Hall of Fame. I’m sorry but Don Meredith wasn’t even close to a Hall of Fame QB.
he was.

cowboyec

Reaction score
First time I’ve seen a fan list Blaine Nye as a Hall of Fame player. :laugh: If it was up to some of the fans on this board at least 20% of the players in the Hall of Fame would be Cowboys.
20%????
screw that.
90%.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

How do you figure? His numbers weren’t great and the two title game losses to the Packers doomed him. For a QB to get in the Hall of Fame they either have to have great numbers or some championships.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I just knew you'd be pissed most of all..hof is a joke.
Perhaps a joke, lad, but why do inductees cry a river on the podium at the lectern. oh ... yes, I forgot the millions in endorsements.
God bless America.

cowboyec

Reaction score
How do you figure? His numbers weren’t great and the two title game losses to the Packers doomed him. For a QB to get in the Hall of Fame they either have to have great numbers or some championships.
gutts and heart alone should get him in.

kskboys

Reaction score
Gale Sayers is the comparison. Numbers weren't great but was great for a short time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gale Sayers is the comparison. Numbers weren't great but was great for a short time.

Are you serious? You obviously didn’t research this. lol Sayers scored 20 TDs in 1965. He had over 1200 rushing yards in 1966 with 8 rushing TDs. He scored 39 rushing TD’s in five seasons. His career rushing average was over 14 yards per carry. He also scored 9 TDs receiving.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are you serious? You obviously didn’t research this. lol Sayers scored 20 TDs in 1965. He had over 1200 rushing yards in 1966 with 8 rushing TDs. He scored 39 rushing TD’s in five seasons. His career rushing average was over 14 yards per carry. He also scored 9 TDs receiving.
great i guess Dez Bryant and his 75tds and four season where he was top 3 WR get him in the HOF?

blueblood70

Reaction score
eventually Woody will get in.. be patient this isnt a personal assault, the HOF votes have always left people out that were worthy but eventually they will get in..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
eventually Woody will get in.. be patient this isnt a personal assault, the HOF votes have always left people out that were worthy but eventually they will get in..
Probably true. It took Cliff Harris and Mel Renfro a long time.

Ring Leader

Reaction score

Actually he averaged 5 yards per carry, not bad either, but hardly 14.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There are a few players I wouldn't consider HOFers that made it in. For some it's a popularity contest.
Namath is one. His team winning a Super-bowl is most likely why, which IMO is flawed. Individually, his numbers were garbage.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're the one who didn't research. He was great for a short time. That's what I said.