Twitter: Darren Woodson Snubbed for HOF Again

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hot take: Calvin Johnson did not have a HOF career

Hot take: You’re going to end up being wrong. Johnson had seven 1000 yard seasons during his nine year career including a NFL record 1900 yard season. He had three seasons of over 1400 receiving yards. Plus he had a 300 yard receiving game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Remember this Namath golden moment?

It happened during an interview with ESPN’s Suzy Kolber during a game between the New York Jets and New England Patriots on December 20, 2003, when a clearly drunk Namath leaned in and told her, “I want to kiss you.” Kolber, ever the trouper, tried to steer the interview back onto the game, but Namath added that he “couldn’t care less” about what was going on out on the field. Namath, whose boozing and carousing ways were the stuff of legend when he played for the Jets, suddenly was ridiculed, the interview becoming a meme-worthy national story, an embarrassment for a then-60-year-old father of two.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Hot take: You’re going to end up being wrong. Johnson had seven 1000 yard seasons during his nine year career including a NFL record 1900 yard season. He had three seasons of over 1400 receiving yards. Plus he had a 300 yard receiving game.
Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, Just like the Lions, will keep drafting WRs and Trading no.1 picks for WRs until he gets it right. Megatron was the only thing running well out of the Motor city since Barry Sanders.

Calvin Johnson will be in the Hall of Fame in full Megatron amour.

Einstein

Reaction score
One other point John Madden is in the Hall of Fame more for what he’s done for the game than his coaching career. He only won one Super Bowl and coached for only 10 years. It was his broadcasting career and his Madden video games that really endeared him to everyone.
Right his 103-32-7 record had nothing to do with it not to mention he only had 1 .500 (.563) season...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The post that doesn’t exist is your claim that I said that a DB that has the most INT’s is automatically better than a DB that had fewer. Not once did I ever say that.
So you didn't say it because you didn't use those exact words?

I guess if I said the liquid in my drinking receptacle is escaping through an accidental puncture in the bottom then I haven't said my cup has a leak, right?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I didn’t use those words you twisted the words I used into a completely different meaning because you have an agenda.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Right his 103-32-7 record had nothing to do with it not to mention he only had 1 .500 (.563) season...

His coaching record had something to do with it but I don’t believe he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame had it not been for his contributions to the game after his coaching career. He had a 9-7 playoff record which wasn’t stellar. I just don’t believe his coaching career alone was good enough or long enough to get him into the Hall of Fame.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It's because it's so obvious...the idiots who vote for this event are nothing but a bunch of Cowboys haters!

They vote Charles Woodson a finalist and as a first timer, instead of Darren Woodson???

There is your proof!

um Charles Woodson was better than Darren Woodson

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Remember this Namath golden moment?

It happened during an interview with ESPN’s Suzy Kolber during a game between the New York Jets and New England Patriots on December 20, 2003, when a clearly drunk Namath leaned in and told her, “I want to kiss you.” Kolber, ever the trouper, tried to steer the interview back onto the game, but Namath added that he “couldn’t care less” about what was going on out on the field. Namath, whose boozing and carousing ways were the stuff of legend when he played for the Jets, suddenly was ridiculed, the interview becoming a meme-worthy national story, an embarrassment for a then-60-year-old father of two.

Suzy was hot back then, hell she is still to us old guys

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I guess if I said the liquid in my drinking receptacle is escaping through an accidental puncture in the bottom then I haven't said my cup has a leak, right?
There’s no use arguing with this guy. Once you prove him wrong he will try and change the narrative or add something to it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

His 1,900 yard season he had a grand total of 5 TDs in a pass happy league. Compared to Jerry Rice who had 15 with his 1,800 yards. Johnson was top 3 from 2011-2013, he was relatively average or injured a lot before and after that. And him having a "300 yard game" actually doesn't help him, since he should have had another monster year having a day like that.

He averaged 71 receptions for 1,080 yards and six TDs outside of those 3 years. That's not HOF numbers, he didn't have longevity either. He's there with Andre Johnson, and would be with Larry Fitzgerald too if Fitzgerald didn't play for 1,000 years.

Last edited:

Tussinman

Reaction score
His 1,900 yard season he had a grand total of 5 TDs in a pass happy league. Compared to Jerry Rice who had 15 with his 1,800 yards. Johnson was top 3 from 2011-2013, he was relatively average or injured a lot before and after that. And him having a "300 yard game" actually doesn't help him, since he should have had another monster year having a day like that.

He averaged 71 receptions for 1,080 yards and six TDs outside of those 3 years. That's not HOF numbers, he didn't have longevity either. He's there with Andre Johnson, and would be with Larry Fitzgerald too if Fitzgerald didn't play for 1,000 years.
I don't think it's necessarly a hot take. It's no secret that the voting committee loves longevity for both WR and RB.

Having 3 or 4 hot years and then some okay years doesn't really impress the voters for those 2 positions. It's the reason why a guy like Frank Gore will get in instead of someone like Jamaal Charles who actually had those elite 3 to 4 seasons that Gore lacked.

Just to put into perspective Cris Carter has 2 more pro bowls than Johnson, almost 50 more touchdowns (yes almost 50), and 2 thousand more yards and he STILL had to wait 6 years to get in.......

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't think it's necessarly a hot take. It's no secret that the voting committee loves longevity for both WR and RB.

Having 3 or 4 hot years and then some okay years doesn't really impress the voters for those 2 positions. It's the reason why a guy like Frank Gore will get in instead of someone like Jamaal Charles who actually had those elite 3 to 4 seasons that Gore lacked.

Just to put into perspective Cris Carter has 2 more pro bowls than Johnson, almost 50 more touchdowns (yes almost 50), and 2 thousand more yards and he STILL had to wait 6 years to get in.......

I also think Andre Johnson may have had the better career overall. And a player like Jimmy Smith (He should have stayed in Dallas) is completely overlooked and should be in before Calvin.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The NFL has been a passing league for years which has inflated the numbers of receivers and QBs. The Hall of Fame isn’t going to hold it against the players because the game keeps evolving. Calvin Johnson was putting up Hall of Fame numbers on bad Detroit teams. He put up over 1300 yards and 12 TDs on an 0-16 team. He was the only real threat the Lions had those years. Opponents had to game plan against him. Putting up an NFL record 1900+ yards isn’t easy to do especially on a bad 4-12 team. Garbage yards or not no receiver in NFL history has ever produced hat many yards in a season.

Jerry Rice played on a dynasty with one of the top five greatest QBs to ever play the game. His teams had weapons all around him which opened up opportunities for him. He played on great teams with two Hall of Fame QBs. I doubt he would have put up the numbers he did on bad teams with a lesser QB. He didn’t have the physical stature to win jump ball battles every week. Having an excellent receiver opposite him along with a great QB certainly benefited him.

There’s players that have been stuck in bad situations on bad teams that never had the careers they could’ve had with better teams. Just like Barry Sanders, Johnson got fed up with the Lions organization and quit. Go see how many receivers you can find that a put up six straight 1000 yard season’s with 62 TDs. Come back to me if any of those receivers who are eligible aren’t in the Hall of Fame.