Dave Moore on Romo/Garrett relationship

ljs44

Reaction score
Does anyone have the online access to Dallas Morning News? I saw Moore's article referenced on how their relationship has deteriorated and was interested in reading what he wrote. Thanks

LittleD

Reaction score
If you listen to Broaddus and others commenting at the Star, this has been known for some time.
Garrett did not really like Romo addressing the press and Romo cooled to Garrett after he did not
support a return of Romo to his starter position as the team's QB. Broaddus opines that had
the Cowboys started Romo in the Cleveland game all could have been forgotten but, it was not
to be and the relationship is mostly likely severed until some years after Romo retires.

fredp22

Reaction score
As much as I think Garrett is an average coach I back him here. If he told Romo no speech right or wrong it should have ended there.
Romo hasnt been a saint either. His "I want to play against the Cowboys" statement was unnecessary and arrogant.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Can't wait till both of them are gone from this organization. "Romo Friendly", "Garrett friendly"....We've spent a decade catering to the comforts of these two and have nothing to show for it. Not even a bromance.

thats a ways off

DFWJC

Reaction score
As much as I think Garrett is an average coach I back him here. If he told Romo no speech right or wrong it should have ended there.
Romo hasnt been a saint either. His "I want to play against the Cowboys" statement was unnecessary and arrogant.
Garrett didn't tell Romo "no speech."
But according to this "rumor", When Romo decided to nip all the possibly distracting press talks of QB controversy at the bud (by making a speech) he apparently notified the Dallas press advisor but not Garrett. Thats the rumor anyway. So Garrett felt slighted

Also, please provide a link where Romo said he wanted to play against the Cowboys.

His top choice by FAR is to play for the team he loves...to have a fair competition to compete for the job he did not lose on merit. That is not an option, so as a true competitor, he would like to start elsewhere.
He was fully supportive of Dak last year, btw. They genuinely like each other.

Last edited:

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Can't wait till both of them are gone from this organization. "Romo Friendly", "Garrett friendly"....We've spent a decade catering to the comforts of these two and have nothing to show for it. Not even a bromance.
I'm right there with you. Also, *random* have you been to been to that Tupps brewery in McKinney? We went last weekend. It was pretty cool.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep and Romo's speech was the most ridiculous self serving spectacle .

We certainly didn't need to hear why he wasn't starting from him and his dark place in his career . Booo hooo.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. Also, *random* have you been to been to that Tupps brewery in McKinney? We went last weekend. It was pretty cool.
we will be waiting a VERY long time for Garrett to be gone from this team. He just won COY. Thats at least a 5 year extension

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Waiting for Garrett to leave is absurd.

Who exactly do you think Jerry would attract we'd want to coach in this Circus ?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
All you had to see is Garrett not taking Romo on a date to basketball games anymore to know this was true.

Agree. I have thought this for weeks. Romo isn't with Witten or any players or coaches in any public events lately. I don't think that is by accident. I also have a feeling that Romo, at some point, will break silence and his "true" feelings about some of his days on the team...coaches, GM moves, etc will be made known. People will say he is too classy but he will do it in a sly way. His speech shows that he can throw shade