Dave Moore on Romo/Garrett relationship

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Agree. I have thought this for weeks. Romo isn't with Witten or any players or coaches in any public events lately
He was spotted with Witten and several of the OL at a Mavericks basketball game this past week.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He was spotted with Witten and several of the OL at a Mavericks basketball game this past week.

I thought he WASNT with them at this event thus not being in the pic. That is what I heard when I saw this pic on twitter earlier

erod

Reaction score
Agree. I have thought this for weeks. Romo isn't with Witten or any players or coaches in any public events lately. I don't think that is by accident. I also have a feeling that Romo, at some point, will break silence and his "true" feelings about some of his days on the team...coaches, GM moves, etc will be made known. People will say he is too classy but he will do it in a sly way. His speech shows that he can throw shade

Not true. Romo and Zeke go out to dinner frequently, and have attended Mavericks games. He's still out and about with the guys.

But it is cooled between him and Garrett. I never liked their offseason travels to begin with. Seemed weird. Can you imagine Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning going to UConn games together? Odd.

Be friends with coaches after you retire.

Miller

Reaction score
Not true. Romo and Zeke go out to dinner frequently, and have attended Mavericks games. He's still out and about with the guys.

But it is cooled between him and Garrett. I never liked their offseason travels to begin with. Seemed weird. Can you imagine Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning going to UConn games together? Odd.

Fair enough

Agree with this part though. Thought it was strange that they'd go to Duke games, etc and were pals. Kind of breaks down the coach/player relationship.

Miller

Reaction score
So he just showed up at the arena for the photo op event? Strange use of his time.

No, I read he wasn't there, thus not being in the photo. Again, may have been a mistake but this subject was brought up in another twitter feed I saw and this was a pic that was mentioned.

Alexander

Reaction score
No, I read he wasn't there, thus not being in the photo. Again, may have been a mistake but this subject was brought up in another twitter feed I saw and this was a pic that was mentioned.
This article states differently.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...among-cowboys-chat-steph-curry-aftermavs-game

Alexander

Reaction score
Nevermind...you said ROMO, not Garrett. Sorry.

Miller

Reaction score
This article states differently.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...among-cowboys-chat-steph-curry-aftermavs-game

I'm confused completely. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? This article says he wasn't there....Romo.

Alexander

Reaction score
I'm confused completely. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? This article says he wasn't there....Romo.
Just dawned on me I misread what you wrote....you are correct. Romo wasn't there, I was talking about Garrett. Obviously Romo been supplanted in the Get Along Gang.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Romo was NOT there. Garrett was.

Romo and Garrett's relationship has in fact soured after this past season from what I've heard and read.

Proof

Reaction score

Coughlin is like 50 years older than Eli

MileyDancer

Reaction score
we will be waiting a VERY long time for Garrett to be gone from this team. He just won COY. Thats at least a 5 year extension
I understand that. It doesn't change the way I feel about him. In 2014 I jumped on the Garrett bandwagon. In 2015 I was like, "oh yeah, Garrett is still Garrett." in 2016, I was happy to be winning but not quite ready to say he was COTY candidate. Then, in the playoff game, we looked terribly unprepared and he made some dumb decisions. I was like, "yep. This is what he is. Nothing more than an average at best coach."

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is nothing new .. competitive players are never happy when they lose their starting position for any reason. Garrett has a job to do and as all coaches do, even Belichick, you put the team before any one player. If I were Romo, I would have been upset as well to lose a seemingly untouchable starting position prior to the season. That said, how do you think he got the job in the first place? It happened to him and one day it will happen to Prescott.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yep and Romo's speech was the most ridiculous self serving spectacle .

We certainly didn't need to hear why he wasn't starting from him and his dark place in his career . Booo hooo.
So 95 out of 100 people nationwide think the opposite of this, but I notice you did get a few likes.
You do realize he said "Dak has earned the right to start"

The noise about a potential QB was becoming very loud and distracting.
The dude cant win.
There were people here blaming Romo and calling him selfish for NOT giving some sort of concession speech. Lol
Then when he does...and a very sincere and humble speech by (nearly) all accounts....people like you call him out as self-serving.

Would not have mattered what he did. Classic haters gonna hate situation.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's kind of natural for these two not be hanging out right now. Even if there is a bit of tension (and I'm sure it's not like they say) these press people need to think this through. Bunch a gossip.
It would almost seem like he was trying to undermine Dak if he was hanging with the head coach now. That would be pretty un-Romo like.