Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Not bad........

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
NFLDraftCountdown:

Strengths:
Has experience at guard and tackle. Great size. Thick thighs. Adequate strength and lateral quickness. Had a strong showing at the East-West Shrine Game. Anchors well. Has strong hands and uses them quickly. Does a good job of sustaining blocks.

Weaknesses:
Struggled early in the year at a new position as he would keep a poor base when drive blocking, didn’t always finish, and was too high on first contact to the second level. Needs to bend more. Lunges at defenders on the second level. Needs to get stronger.

Outlook:
Arkin has dominated his entire career at MSU and is one of the most versatile linemen in this draft with good tape at both tackle and guard for at least one full season. I like his ability to swing from guard and tackle as a backup early in his career and believe he could eventually start at guard with improved strength and some coaching. His ability at both positions could draw him up boards as high as 4th or 5th round.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I know Arkin was one of those "small school wonders" everyone gets excited about but otherwise know next to nothing about him.

Anyone?

RS12

Reaction score
NFL draft scout has him rated number 8 OG had him anywhere bween rounds 3-7. Actually projected round 5.

fortdick

Reaction score
theogt;3933363 said:
NFLDraftCountdown:

Weaknesses:
.....Needs to get stronger.

Don't they say this about every kid coming out of college?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm fine - at least we addressed OG.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I can tell you, this kid is a favorite among scouts. His name has been hot the last couple of weeks. Almost a perfect Kosier clone.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'm quite happy with this pick. We have addressed he biggest weakness on this team. No one knows whether it'll work out, but we have taken steps to upgrade our line.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
hope he put on some lbs. he only weights 302lbs. LOL he better get with tyron smith and ask how did he do it.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Mayock said we move him inside. for depth and maybe sooner or later start in there. Davis is all but gone too. He hasn't played well and I rather have holland start at this point. Hopefully arkin plays well soon

Primetime42

Reaction score
Just read this that I liked a lot.

Mauler that plays through the whistle and finishes blocks. Relentless and always looking for someone to hit. Blue collar player that plays hard regardless of the score and not intimidated by higher level of competition. (See 2009 Arkansas game and 2010 Kansas State game)

We definitely need more of that.

fortdick

Reaction score
Star4Ever;3933382 said:
I'm quite happy with this pick. We have addressed he biggest weakness on this team. No one knows whether it'll work out, but we have taken steps to upgrade our line.

Which I think was the beggest need this draft. It ain't been flashy, but I think they have been solid and thoughtful in the picks.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
jblaze2004;3933383 said:
hope he put on some lbs. he only weights 302lbs. LOL he better get with tyron smith and ask how did he do it.

maybe he can try the bruce Carter Mcdonalds daily diet

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Quest for Six;3933384 said:
I'd rather Rackley last round over this kid...

You and me both but im still happy with it because of the position he plays alone.