David Arkin OG

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer raving about the pick, saying this guy was a major sleeper of his and that he'll he a VERY good lineman.

Lodeus

Reaction score
He looks good on film from what ESPN just showed. Nobody's even heard of this guy and people hate the pick. I don't get it.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Finally a great pick. Quality player.

Hopefully this is '08 redux and Dallas can make up for wasted early rounds with some players like Choice and Scandrick later on.

Primetime42

Reaction score
SDogo;3933428 said:
I'm confident in saying with in 3 years this kid will be starting at OG and fans will fall in love with his nasty lunch pail attitude.

Go ahead and hate now but your going to love the attitude he brings to the game.
I have to agree.

Can't wait to see what Woicik can do with him.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Lodeus;3933432 said:
He looks good on film from what ESPN just showed. Nobody's even heard of this guy and people hate the pick. I don't get it.

You and I both but it's never going to change.

RS12

Reaction score
barberthebeast24;3933424 said:
Trent dilfer says that he will be a big time star at guard! He said that he's one of the best lineman in the draft a small school special..... Wow

I'll settle for a productive career.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I like this pick, they have to get more athletic at offensive line. Plus it looks like he has a bit of a mean streak, gotta love that.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
poost;3933374 said:
Goodbye Davis? The replacement draft continues.

I don't know about that but it definitely sounds like he'd have a chance to make the team, which would be a start.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3933438 said:

Hopefully this is '08 redux and Dallas can make up for wasted early rounds with some players like Choice and Scandrick later on.
You don't like T. Smith?

Odd.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Primetime42;3933365 said:
I know Arkin was one of those "small school wonders" everyone gets excited about but otherwise know next to nothing about him.

Anyone?

Larry Allen...sanoma state...who heard of him before Dallas selected him.

Not saying he's the next LA, but you never know.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Lodeus;3933432 said:

I think people don't like that they didn't take a guard already. I like that they got a guy that plays hard and has pretty good physical ability, which is a good combo for development.

VACowboy

Reaction score
This doesn't feel like a "special teams" draft to me at all. The Cowboys are drafting productive, athletic football players with upside. I LOVE drafting athletic offensive linemen. Bet that's all Garrett.

fortdick

Reaction score
SDogo;3933428 said:
I'm confident in saying with in 3 years this kid will be starting at OG and fans will fall in love with his nasty lunch pail attitude.

Go ahead and hate now but your going to love the attitude he brings to the game.

Don't enable

Ken

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3933438 said:

Wasted....lol.

Yeah, wasted when we have two middle lbs who are set to start collecting their pensions and we had a huge liablity at nickle Lb last year. This guy is hugely talented and is one of the better cover lb's in the draft. WASTED!

Murray....WASTED. Barber is going to be cut and our qb got his shoulder broke last year because of a missed block by a rb. We add a VERY talented rb who is the best pass blocking rb in the draft and the best pass catching rb in the draft. Yup, wasted. Not to mention this kid is as explosive as Felix is, now we won't have the huge drop off from felix to barber that we have had and we will be less predictable. WASTED.

:bang2: