David Arkin OG

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
sorry but again, underwhelmed. I have that whole disapointed feeling again like the "special teams" draft a few years ago. Pick number 1 great, the rest meh ...

RS12

Reaction score
Randy White;3933389 said:
competition ?

I would have prefered a trade down, but it will do..

I never really thought Brewster would make it of TC.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I like the pick, but I hope that he can play this year at some point. That may be wishful thinking. He's athletic. I like that aspect. If DeMarcus Love is there in round 5, I'd take him, too.

I like the fact that the Cowboys are letting the draft fall to them and are not moving all over the place. They seem to be just following their board. I'm good with that.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
i live 10 miles from mo state campus. good kid. had a good combine and post season. i like the pick.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Probably means that Kosier and Davis start this year then maybe Arkin replaces Davis in 2012.

mldardy

Reaction score
kiheikiwi;3933399 said:
sorry but again, underwhelmed. I have that whole disapointed feeling again like the "special teams" draft a few years ago. Pick number 1 great, the rest meh ...
Yes because there was so much else to choose from in Round 4.:rolleyes: We need help and competition on the oline. This is nothing but good at this point. There is always one that complains about nothing.

RS12

Reaction score
41gy#;3933405 said:
I like the pick, but I hope that he can play this year at some point. That may be wishful thinking. He's athletic. I like that aspect. If DeMarcus Love is there in round 5, I'd take him, too.

I like the fact that the Cowboys are letting the draft fall to them and are not moving all over the place. They seem to be just following their board. I'm good with that.

I think they take a shot at Cannon in 6 or 7 if available.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Bowdown27;3933386 said:
Mayock said we move him inside. for depth and maybe sooner or later start in there. Davis is all but gone too. He hasn't played well and I rather have holland start at this point. Hopefully arkin plays well soon

yeah davis seems to have no lateral agility

DanteEXT

Reaction score
41gy#;3933405 said:

Me too. Not enough picks this year to do much really. They probably would have to give up picks next year, not a fan of doing that myself.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
kiheikiwi;3933399 said:

I have to agree.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
Trent dilfer says that he will be a big time star at guard! He said that he's one of the best lineman in the draft a small school special..... Wow

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
This might make sense of the Murray pick then, if they had this guy targeted.

Nice pick.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He will probably replace one of the guards, not this season but the following one. They were all giggly in the war room over this pick and turned it in quick.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'm confident in saying with in 3 years this kid will be starting at OG and fans will fall in love with his nasty lunch pail attitude.

Go ahead and hate now but your going to love the attitude he brings to the game.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Great Pick....6'4" 300....5.3 forty and 25 reps....rated 7.5 by kiper.

Started all 44 games of his college career, freshman through senior years...lol.

31 starts at RG...final 13 starts at LT...senior year graded out at 87% with 82 knockdowns.

Didn't totally dominate his final year at LT the way he had at RG, but it was a pass protect first position...solid job of sustaining blocks and no trouble getting to the next level.

Seems our vision for the OL is to infuse better run blocking with guys who can move well and get to the outside and to the second level, but I love taking guys with lots of pass protection experience and moving them to OG.