News: David Irving Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
For me its his speed off the ball, and his WINGSPAN. Man has eagle wings. He can grab you from pretty much anywhere on the line if hes in the vicinity. Crazy part is, hes still quite raw. Marinelli is turning him into a force.

Is his speed off the ball quick twitch, or is it the bend around the corner (ala Von Miller) type of speed? Thanks for the feedback Phil, I (for god knows what reason) haven't watched him close enough.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
For me its his speed off the ball, and his WINGSPAN. Man has eagle wings. He can grab you from pretty much anywhere on the line if hes in the vicinity. Crazy part is, hes still quite raw. Marinelli is turning him into a force.
His wingspan is crazy. At 6ft 7in he is a physical freak. Hopefully he keeps getting better, and we'll start seeing a lot of batted balls to go with his forced fumbles.

Btw, if 3 forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, and a sack don't get you player of the week, I don't know what does. And he did all of that while only being on the field for 19 snaps.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
His wingspan is crazy. At 6ft 7in he is a physical freak. Hopefully he keeps getting better, and we'll start seeing a lot of batted balls to go with his forced fumbles.

Btw, if 3 forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, and a sack don't get you player of the week, I don't know what does. And he did all of that while only being on the field for 19 snaps.
Quick twitch, long and lanky, but also strong. Little tall for a DT but seems to do well wherever you put him. Would be a 5 tech (Hatcher) in a 3-4.

dogberry

Reaction score
On his penalty, it looked as if the Packer moved under him to create the penalty.

Flash back to Phil Pozderac.

Reactions: BAT

Falco78

Reaction score
He's been a pet cat of mine since last year hoping he gets more snaps now!

Reactions: BAT

USMarineVet

Reaction score
didn't even know he was in the running

Congrats Mr. Irving!!

9uoYC7cjcU6w8.gif

Always had faith in that Rudy Irving kid.

MagicMan

Reaction score
IIRC, you can include a knocked down pass in there as well. Amazing the impact he had on his 19 snaps. I believe also he has Leon Lett coaching him, same size and style of play. Looks like its working.