David Irving only 23 years old

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Here are some of his rookie highlights:

If Marinelli can get this man child to play consistently, look out!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
As was I. Turned out it wasn't much of a "discount" at all. Hitting the lottery on Dak saved them. I still don't think they'll get a 1st rounder for Tony, but maybe a 2nd or 3rd. Contract will still be an issue unless he opts out, correct?
Tony's deal was always a 4yr/68m extension with 2 phony years

That is 17m a year and well well below the going rate for starting QBs

It is the definition of a discount and one of the best QB extensions in the league

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
We need help at DE more than DT. This draft is deep at edge rushers thankfully and I'm almost certain they will again address it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We need help at DE more than DT. This draft is deep at edge rushers thankfully and I'm almost certain they will again address it.
They will go BPA, like they have for the last 6 years.

It will be BPA unless it is a QB, probably OG, RB, and maybe OT (although I would do it if BPA was an OT).

Best player a WR? I think they'd pull the trigger.

TE? They'd likely do it IMO.

DE? DT? LB? CB? S? Sure.

The Realist

Reaction score
They will go BPA, like they have for the last 6 years.

It will be BPA unless it is a QB, probably OG, RB, and maybe OT (although I would do it if BPA was an OT).

Best player a WR? I think they'd pull the trigger.

TE? They'd likely do it IMO.

DE? DT? LB? CB? S? Sure.

If we lose Leary I'd even go BPA at OG and move Collins to RT cuz Green is doing his Jacob Rogers impersonation just like his resume said coming out of school.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If we lose Leary I'd even go BPA at OG and move Collins to RT cuz Green is doing his Jacob Rogers impersonation just like his resume said coming out of school.

Yeah, that's why I said probably OG. There is a chance that happens. Even if it does though, I'm not sure they'd go OG in round 1 again although I wouldn't mind it.

The Realist

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I said probably OG. There is a chance that happens. Even if it does though, I'm not sure they'd go OG in round 1 again although I wouldn't mind it.

I can see a scenario where they go OG on one.

First of all it will be a good value at the bottom of 1. Does it make sense to give Leary elite guard money when we have to do the same with Zak? Leary deserves it too.

Does it make more sense to let Leary walk so we can keep the likes of Mo/Carr, Church/JJ, and McClain?

The last few days, after being disgusted by yet another Jacob Green injury I've been craving an Erik Williams RT I finish off this OL. Doesn't look like he's in the draft but what if he's already on the roster in La'el? Ok, maybe EW lite.

If you can draft a day one stater at LG in one, you've got another young offensive lineman at a good price for 5 years. Keep Mo, Church, McClain and maybe TW.

What about fixing the pass rush you say? Let's look at a worst case scenario. Gregory suspended all year and let's say Lawrence is on the shelf all year. Your two deep can still be pretty solid with Tyrone Contract/Irving at SDE, Tapper and Mayowa at WDE, McClain/Thornton at and Collins/draft pick at 3.

The thing that has made our drafts so great the last few years is our ability to draft plug and play guys especially in the first round in the OL.

I wouldn't count a first round guard out. Especially considering it will be the best guard in the draft after all other positions have been picked over.