David Irving quitting the NFL over Marijuana policy 'makes no sense'-Stephen A-FTF

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I completely agree with this and it's why I hate the system of nepotism that's rampant in the Cowboys organization in regards to personnel decisions. 95% of NFL GMs/personnel directors feet would be held to the fire for taking so many unnecessary risks on players with widely known red flags.

But here in Dallas there's little to no accountability for poor personnel decisions.
Yes.

It's been a pattern with this team since the 60's and 70s.

Lance Rentzel, Rafael Septien..

Duane Thomas and Hollywood Henderson...

sex offenders and party boys they try to use thinking they can keep it under wraps.

So Jerry gets it honest.

As a fan I try to take it in stride but it gets frustrating.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
From what I've noticed the reason for this is because they tend to take more risk when choosing defensive players. It seems like they are more willing to err on the side of raw talent, being able to coach them up, and are more forgiving of red flags when dealing with defensive players. That's why they go after guys like JJ Wilcox, B. Jones, R. Gregory, and Owusu-Ansah in early rounds despite their huge question marks. Even Jaylon Smith was a huge gamble but luckily that gamble is paying off.

Whereas, on the offensive side of the ball it seems as if they will more often than not try to go with who they believe will be the safer pick. Guys like Z. Martin, Zeke, T. Smith, Gallup, Frederick, Witten, etc.

I'm not saying they never take gambles on the offensive side of the ball...I just think they are more willing to roll the dice when it comes to the defensive side of the ball.
Agreed.

And it's something to do with finances, too.

If you pick somebody later with issues..

you get off with not paying the big contract initially.

:huh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
efzAT0Z.png

A person can dream, can't they?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If he had quit before he was ever suspended it would have truly been a brave political/justice statement.
He's simply a knucklehead who believes he, somehow, has been victimized.
Yeah..

But he's sort of a lovable knucklehead.

I mean you got to laugh at a guy who posts a video smoking and blames others for his problem.

I find it hysterical.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I've never used cannabis: That being said, If both teams were as high as a kite before kickoff, would we the fans be able to tell by watching the game?

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Not sure about the scam part but otherwise i agree. His behavior has been consistent the entire time with the Cowboys and they could've easily released him in the past and moved on.

Absolutely and it goes WAY back to the Chiefs (I think they signed him as an UDFA?) and college at Iowa State where he was suspended. . He's such a specimen and SO damn talented that guys on here just lose their minds over him. Remember Alonzo Spellman? How about Demetrius Underwood? Or recently Randy Gregory? I'll ask you guys this: what do Gregory, Spellman, and Underwood all have in common? No, not just heavy marijuana use but manic depression. All have pretty much admitted (and the rumors have confirmed) they are bipolar 2. For the uninformed, Bipolar 2 is the same as manic depression.

I'm NOT making excuses for these guys but there could be real underlying medical conditions they are trying to self medicate with all that cannabis. Irving very well might be in that category too. He said it himself the other day: "I only feel at ease and comfortable when I self medicate with Cannabis". How do I know where these guys are coming from? I have a close relative with Bipolar 2 and it's a living hell. He's tried marijuana a lot over the years with varying degrees of success as well as pharmaceuticals that he's had bad side effects from. To those of you who say: "you guys can't wait 5 years to toke up?"........make your millions, help my team and THEN smoke all the ganja you want? Just not that easy because these guys are in hell mentally. Really wound tight, confused, depressed and just.....lost. I know I sound like a bleeding heart but it's true. I've lived through it with my relative. Just my two cents.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
I've never used cannabis: That being said, If both teams were as high as a kite before kickoff, would we the fans be able to tell by watching the game?

Depends on how much they smoked, what strain, etc....they just legalized it in Michigan. Might be a big mess but the tax windfall could be great depending on how much is siphoned off. Just a really different time we live in to say the least. I smoked some in high school and college and played ball. Some of my best games in basketball (Center) and baseball (pitcher) came after I smoked. It's all relative with cannabis IMO. You can have a few tokes and perform optimally in most anything. If you have too much and rip 12 bong hits, you'll be stoned out of your mind and worthless. Similar to alcohol in that regard. I can drink a beer or two and play GREAT at the Y. But if I were to drink 3 or more I'd get humiliated. There's a reason the old saying "everything in moderation" still holds true today.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If he had quit before he was ever suspended it would have truly been a brave political/justice statement.
He's simply a knucklehead who believes he, somehow, has been victimized.
I blame The Man who set him up for failure.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We probably have millions of citizens who have not pursued better careers and or positions because they couldn’t pass a pre hire drug screening.

We have prob an entire generation now in this country( most companies began pre hire drug screening in the 90’s) that have chisen different fields because they knew they couldn’t pass a test and another portion who have failed random drug test.
Its a good thing I went into Herbalife.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh brother...

So you think I should be following that crap?

I worked for a team of 10 attorneys as a Para legal.

My days of salivating over some bodies legal issues are long gone.

You got it handled.

Have a blast, son.

I got better things to read.

Glad to get you caught up.
If your going to engage in a discussion about it perhaps you might be more informed or at least heed someone who is.

Both incidents were top news and sports stories that wouldn’t have taken any more effort that what brought you other info about that person from social media and effort that you expend here. Just saying sir..

He was off bounds to discuss on this forum and why I was being careful in how I presented it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it's always somebody else fault,, don't blame me I'm a pothead. *puff,puff*..."why'd they put ray carruth in jail, he can catch a ball, who cares he had his girlfriend killed".....*throw...catch*

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If your going to engage in a discussion about it perhaps you might be more informed or at least heed someone who is.

Both incidents were top news and sports stories that wouldn’t have taken any more effort that what brought you other info about that person from social media and effort that you expend here. Just saying sir..

He was off bounds to discuss on this forum and why I was being careful in how I presented it.
I give up, bro.

You da man.

I was just trying to discuss what others were saying and trying to give people info.

Next time I will have the research team send you a rough draft of my posts for your approval.

Is this really your personality or just the online one?

I want to write this off as you are having a bad day with the boss.

You have gotten testy with me before and I told you I did not want to hit your ignore button in the hopes you would be better.

Guess. I need to rethink that.

Later.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I give up, bro.

You da man.

I was just trying to discuss what others were saying and trying to give people info.

Next time I will have the research team send you a rough draft of my posts for your approval.

Is this really your personality or just the online one?

I want to write this off as you are having a bad day with the boss.

You have gotten testy with me before and I told you I did not want to hit your ignore button in the hopes you would be better.

Guess. I need to rethink that.

Later.
If you don’t want your comparisons tested then yes, you’re not going to like me.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I've never used cannabis: That being said, If both teams were as high as a kite before kickoff, would we I the fans be able to tell by watching the game?
FIFY
You knew that & still watched the Superbowl didn't you?!:lmao2:

Last edited:

Carl23

Reaction score
Yes.

I have explained it before.

I suffer from glaucoma.

It is hard for me to read and the sentences run together.

I could post that way in one long continual sentence.

But you would scream you could not read that either.

The moderators are aware of this and said it's OK for me to do it.

:grin:
Roger that. Good luck to you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well..........nothing new or interesting in that whole segment.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well..........nothing new or interesting in that whole segment.
Nothing new.

I found the commentators point interesting as they agree about pot as a valid pain drug.

I know it, too.

One of my ailments is neropathy in my feet from Diabetes.

Some nights it just aches and I get shooting pains like big-time cramps.

I smoke a bowl and in 10 minutes it's gone.

The doctors stopped my pain med prescription 2 years ago because of people abusing it so much.

I was on Tylenol 3 with codeine.

No more.

The smoke it was better and doesn't mess with making me constipated like the pain pills did.

So to me,

none of the prohibitions make sense.

:thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing new.

I found the commentators point interesting as they agree about pot as a valid pain drug.

I know it, too.

One of my ailments is neropathy in my feet from Diabetes.

Some nights it just aches and I get shooting pains like big-time cramps.

I smoke a bowl and in 10 minutes it's gone.

The doctors stopped my pain med prescription 2 years ago because of people abusing it so much.

I was on Tylenol 3 with codeine.

No more.

The smoke it was better and doesn't mess with making me constipated like the pain pills did.

So to me,

none of the prohibitions make sense.

:thumbup:
Everything you just said is what I mean by "nothing new". Pretty much everybody knows all this, but some don't want to admit it because then Big Pharma loses out..................and I'm staying away from bringing it into a taboo subject. :)